{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lets get a reallity check

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lets get a reallity check

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:56 am

Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:;) We will see what you have got to say in 6-8 games time ;)

It does not matter what i have to say ,fact is someone has to pay for any changes ,WHO

Well maybe if results carry on as they are, GC will do the right thing and resign and save the Radfords money. Would that be acceptable to you Spanishstag?

Look i have said i think its to early to sack him ,i also said i think he will get it right here given time here ,that may or may not be the case .All i am saying is that someone has to keep paying out large sums of money to keep changing our management teams and lets face it it has not worked very well so far on here all i hear is get rid jr ,bring in nigel clough or the cowleys fgs someone has to keep shelling out i think its more than a little expectant
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:11 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Let’s just accept relegation then and how much will that cost the Radfords?

Are you going to pay out then no you wont ,in fact most on here spend half there time moaning about the price of a ticket ,or a pint in the bar or the pies are cold ,in fact you have just answered my question HOW MUCH WILL IT COST THE RADFORDS ,cheers

More in Euro’s than in pounds. That’s the beauty of voting to ostracise all that mob on mainland Europe.

Think the only ones being ostracised are yourselves :oops:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:50 am

How many games have to be played for the season to be concluded on PPG ?

Cos as it stands we are relegated......
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:11 am

After all this moaning & groaning...a couple of wins(laugh)! & all this will go away,and the real reality check is we wouldn’t have a club if it wasn’t for the Radfords... look where our local rivals are both struggling in the National league(laugh)
So that’s the real reality check ...
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:23 am

Old amber wrote:After all this moaning & groaning...a couple of wins(laugh)! & all this will go away,and the real reality check is we wouldn’t have a club if it wasn’t for the Radfords... look where our local rivals are both struggling in the National league(laugh)
So that’s the real reality check ...

I don’t think it is just about wins OA. The football being served up is absolutely dire and is not of a standard to raise fans enthusiasm about watching the games. I’ve watched all of the games except the trophy ones and don’t think we have deserved to win any of them. I’ve seen nothing to suggest we will be anything but strong relegation candidates and there is just no improvement only a steady decline.

For a club that has raised expectations through the roof, this has proven to be a very poor appointment. In my wildest imagination I cannot see this type of football getting us promoted and it certainly wouldn’t be good enough to keep us in a higher division. Mr Coughlan has repeatedly stated that he intends to stick to his blueprint and will not change his preferred formation or tactics.

So yes, our local rivals are in non league but if this continues, we will join them next season. That is the bleak reality check and the only one that matters.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:36 am

At present I can see a couple of wins coming... one sometime in December and another in April. We are worse than Stevenage from last season atm. Our Conference winning side would've probably broken the club's biggest win record against the present mish mash of blokes masquerading as a football team.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:07 am

Captain Cunno wrote:How many games have to be played for the season to be concluded on PPG ?

Cos as it stands we are relegated......

At least another 24 I would guess.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:18 am

A great deal of sense being posted by some.

No money coming into the club, the only money around is the owners and even he has not got a bottomless pit of money. So far the manager has been bankrolled to bring in the players he wanted, so at least we know he is a poor judge of football talent.

I can't see JR throwing good money after bad just yet, there are too many poor teams, we are just one, in this league to start overly worrying about relegation after six games.

Promotion or play offs are forgotten, survival is the target, my guess is Christmas will be the decision time?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:32 am

spanishstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Who is going to pay up GCs contract ,then pay for another manager to come here ,after much silence ,no one comes forward ,thats where we are folks so lets just stop being so damned privileged and accept we are having a bad season ,so far it is what it is ,no cashflow ,no money coming in at all buthey ho we can just chuck someone else,,s money at it

You stupid naive man.

You know who should pay him out of his contact, the people who put him in it!

Have you never heard of the phrase 'paying for your mistakes'?

Why should we as fans pay out Coughlans contract - we had no say in his appointment.

As fans we are outsourcing our weekend happiness. Being a fan is a surefire way to pay the price for the mistakes of others (be it players, managers or the board), both with your time and money.

I've paid enough of wider investment into the club for JR not for the powers that be to repeatedly make the same mistake. JR should pay to correct this, or see how much more it will cost when we go down. He should also learn from it this time!

Stupid naive man , your last paragraph would be enough to make our owners think why do we bother

Only if the owner was a whiney overly sensitive emotional wreck like you. Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case.

Are you just going to ignore all the valid points people have made? Maybe you can't see them through the tears your streaming for JR and GC.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:33 am

Reality Check:
We don’t win games.
We play rubbish football.
We have a very real possibility of playing NL football next season.
Would the Radfords risk our league position?
It could cost far more than paying a manager to leave. I doubt we’d be back in 5 years the next time!!! That’s the reality.
It’s like local lockdowns, they only suppress the losses for a while. A circuit breaker gives a real chance of improvement.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:33 am

As others have said, we’re stuck with him.

We’ve just got to got to hope that somehow they come good - which given the individual errors, the tactics, the style of play - is hard to see.

Or we just hope there’s 2 sides worse than us - which again is hard to see.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:34 am

Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Who is going to pay up GCs contract ,then pay for another manager to come here ,after much silence ,no one comes forward ,thats where we are folks so lets just stop being so damned privileged and accept we are having a bad season ,so far it is what it is ,no cashflow ,no money coming in at all buthey ho we can just chuck someone else,,s money at it

You stupid naive man.

Why should we as fans pay out Coughlans contract - we had no say in his appointment.

As fans we are outsourcing our weekend happiness. Being a fan is a surefire way to pay the price for the mistakes of others (be it players, managers or the board), both with your time and money.

I've paid enough of wider investment into the club for JR not for the powers that be to repeatedly make the same mistake. JR should pay to correct this, or see how much more it will cost when we go down. He should also learn from it this time!

Stupid naive man , your last paragraph would be enough to make our owners think why do we bother

Only if the owner was a whiney overly sensitive emotional wreck like you. Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case.

Are you just going to ignore all the valid points people have made? Maybe you can't see them through the tears your streaming for JR and GC.

Jamie, don’t argue with stupid. You’re wasting time.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ROKERITE » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:41 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:It’s like local lockdowns, they only suppress the losses for a while. A circuit breaker gives a real chance of improvement.

On the contrary; local lockdowns make sense, a circuit breaker only gives a real chance of further huge damage to the economy. Even the WHO are saying national lockdowns are the wrong approach now.
ROKERITE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 am

Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

You stupid naive man.

Look here jamie ,i have asked a serious question here about the costs of replacing managers time and time again ,and of the sense of entitlement of some on here ,i think its a valid point ,but hey ho you know everything and probably feel you contribute more than enough to demand action ,well i think its a bit too much to expect our owners to keep shelling out their hard earned cash ,and yes i still say its too early to sack GC ,not shedding tears for anyone its a big cruel world we live in
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:45 am

adamstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

You stupid naive man.

Jamie, don’t argue with stupid. You’re wasting time.

Oh heres the cavalry :roll:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:00 am

ROKERITE wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:It’s like local lockdowns, they only suppress the losses for a while. A circuit breaker gives a real chance of improvement.

On the contrary; local lockdowns make sense, a circuit breaker only gives a real chance of further huge damage to the economy. Even the WHO are saying national lockdowns are the wrong approach now.

All about the economy mate. I’m talking about the virus. Two different things. And that’s the problem JR has, economics over virus (crap management).
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:00 am

spanishstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

You stupid naive man.

Look here jamie ,i have asked a serious question here about the costs of replacing managers time and time again ,and of the sense of entitlement of some on here ,i think its a valid point ,but hey ho you know everything and probably feel you contribute more than enough to demand action ,well i think its a bit too much to expect our owners to keep shelling out their hard earned cash ,and yes i still say its too early to sack GC ,not shedding tears for anyone its a big cruel world we live in

You're continued point about fans entitlement and wanting things done properly holds no weight with me. It wouldn't cost the board much if they did their DD properly and made some sensible LT appointments. They've somehow made the Dempster appointment worse, if you can imagine such a situation. JR, as owner should correct it, otherwise they might take our club back to where it came from - oblivion. We can't sit by and silently watch utter crap that gets us relegated, otherwise we're complicit. Imagine if we'd all sat on our hands through the Haslam years. We as fans have to vocalise our concerns, unfortunately in this instance it means we need Coughlan removed ASAFP.

In order to protect their investment to date, JR needS to spend some money to rectify a bad situation that they, and no one else, made worse.

We have to sack him, no question, and we have to get the next appointment absolutely bang on. IF WE DO, it's all fine and we will climb the league and hopefully eventually get promoted, because the owners are supportive and have a vision to achieve better than 23rd in Division 4.

It's a matter of life and death for the club. We can't afford not to sack Coughlan.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:34 am

You're continued point about fans entitlement and wanting things done properly holds no weight with me. It wouldn't cost the board much if they did their DD properly and made some sensible LT appointments. They've somehow made the Dempster appointment worse, if you can imagine such a situation. JR, as owner should correct it, otherwise they might take our club back to where it came from - oblivion. We can't sit by and silently watch utter crap that gets us relegated, otherwise we're complicit. Imagine if we'd all sat on our hands through the Haslam years. We as fans have to vocalise our concerns, unfortunately in this instance it means we need Coughlan removed ASAFP.

In order to protect their investment to date, JR needS to spend some money to rectify a bad situation that they, and no one else, made worse.

We have to sack him, no question, and we have to get the next appointment absolutely bang on. IF WE DO, it's all fine and we will climb the league and hopefully eventually get promoted, because the owners are supportive and have a vision to achieve better than 23rd in Division 4.

It's a matter of life and death for the club. We can't afford not to sack Coughlan.

Well at least you didn,t insult me this time
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:41 am

spanishstag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Let’s just accept relegation then and how much will that cost the Radfords?

Are you going to pay out then no you wont ,in fact most on here spend half there time moaning about the price of a ticket ,or a pint in the bar or the pies are cold ,in fact you have just answered my question HOW MUCH WILL IT COST THE RADFORDS ,cheers

More in Euro’s than in pounds. That’s the beauty of voting to ostracise all that mob on mainland Europe.

You won’t be saying that when Merkel gets in a tizzy because the German dream of a European Union lies in tatters and she readies her nation to cross the Maginot Line again.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:37 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

You won’t be saying that when Merkel gets in a tizzy because the German dream of a European Union lies in tatters and she readies her nation to cross the Maginot Line again.

Well off topic now not interested
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:10 pm

ROKERITE wrote:

Trouble with the "cct breaker" and "total lockdowns" is that the dim british think when they are lifted that the virus has gone away and return to being idiots again then up go the numbers. No rest until a vaccine arrives I'm afraid.
Last edited by oldweststander on Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:28 pm

spanishstag wrote:

I agree, although I've this sinking feeling that the Radfords have lost interest. Portugal is a long way from Mansfield for a reason.
I hope I'm proven wrong, but I think they've had their fussy out of the club and now want as much distance as possible between the club and them.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:47 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:;) We will see what you have got to say in 6-8 games time ;)
Things are looking bad but it is only 6 games in. Usually when things are going wrong at the Stags we sack managers in November after around 15 to 20 games.
A poor run of six games can be had by almost all teams but it is more noticeable if it occurs at the start of a season.
If this run is replicated for another six games then change will be almost a certainty.
Flitcroft had a difficult start also but rode out the storm and turned it around and during one of our glory seasons (1976-77) we had a run of five league games without a win and actually lost 5 away league games on the spin.
If you are old enough to remember Stagsnet (it might have been it's predecessor though) or Chad.com during this period it was full of posts of "Morris Out!!" from nervous/impatient posters.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:48 pm

zod wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

I agree, although I've this sinking feeling that the Radfords have lost interest. Portugal is a long way from Mansfield for a reason.
I hope I'm proven wrong, but I think they've had their fussy out of the club and now want as much distance as possible between the club and them.

I think the Radfords are probably extremely frustrated with the whole situation as they are desperate for success.

You can see that with Evans appointment and how quickly they fired Flitcroft when he missed out on promotion.

As for sacking the current manager, I would give him a few more games.

Yes like most, I cannot see where a win will come from, but that is football. It could be a scrappy 90th minute winner tomorrow which changes the course of our whole season.

If he does go, we should advertise the post, interview a number of candidates and select the best man for the job and not make another emotional appointment.

I hope GC proves us all wrong, afterall Bristol Rovers were 4th when he left, so he can do it and I for one hopes he does it here
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby zod » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:50 pm

Three points would be nice tomorrow.
Appointing a decent manager is going to be tough at the minute. Who want's the job?
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum