{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

If/When....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

If/When....

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:20 am

This is a big concern for me and I’m sure many of us...

.....as results and football quality are very low at present.. it’s great that all these armchair(not by choice) football managers are giving their opinions on what should happen etc etc.. the Trapdoor is very much open... we can’t go back, can we?

At the moment I imagine that our chairman is scratching his head as to where to go next..

All I can say is, the next appointment is probably the biggest decision that he has to make regarding our club since he has been here..

Dear Mr Radford.... please don’t listen to any of those buffoons that told you that the last guy was the one.... we need someone who has a football brain and plenty of contacts in the game.. and most importantly someone that will have respect from the players!!! DEFINITELY NOT A HOOF MERCHANT..
Yours concernedly
Mr Family V

I’ve got my tin hat on ready for people to;

A, slag me off for my grammar mistakes
B, call me because I haven’t given my backing 100%
3, call me because I’m NOT a ‘Happy Clapper’
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Re: If/When....

Postby Beano » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:39 am

thefamilyvontrapp wrote:This is a big concern for me and I’m sure many of us...

.....as results and football quality are very low at present.. it’s great that all these armchair(not by choice) football managers are giving their opinions on what should happen etc etc.. the Trapdoor is very much open... we can’t go back, can we?

At the moment I imagine that our chairman is scratching his head as to where to go next..

All I can say is, the next appointment is probably the biggest decision that he has to make regarding our club since he has been here..

Dear Mr Radford.... please don’t listen to any of those buffoons that told you that the last guy was the one.... we need someone who has a football brain and plenty of contacts in the game.. and most importantly someone that will have respect from the players!!! DEFINITELY NOT A HOOF MERCHANT..
Yours concernedly
Mr Family V

As Michael Jackson once sang..........

A, B, 3, is easy as 1, 2, C. :) :)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:43 am

Beano wrote:
thefamilyvontrapp wrote:This is a big concern for me and I’m sure many of us...

Yours concernedly
Mr Family V

As Michael Jackson once sang..........

A, B, 3, is easy as 1, 2, C. :) :)

Ahh but is that a mistake of grammar and are you fulfilling Mr VonT’s prediction of being slagged off?

That was a well laid trap(p) Mr VT. I think you can reel that one in. :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ian23 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:22 am

With david sharpe at the top i envisage the next managerial choice will be our best choice for some time, but who knows...
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amberheart » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:27 am

The Radfords just need someone they can trust with manager recommendations .
I’m hoping that’s what David Sharpe can do
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:30 am

ian23 wrote:With david sharpe at the top i envisage the next managerial choice will be our best choice for some time, but who knows...

then let’s stop wazzin around & make it pretty dam quick
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 am

ian23 wrote:With david sharpe at the top i envisage the next managerial choice will be our best choice for some time, but who knows...

Mr Strategy.... he, like when preparing for salary caps etc, will have various options ready to explore.

It'll be:
Ideal manager in a job to approach.
Interview managers who want the job, are they inline with a long term vision
Promote from within (not sure we have anyone remotely capable!!)
Expensive manager from above.
A former manager to return! (Have we ever had that? like Barnet and Martin Allen managing them 5 times! :lol: )

I can also see us doing a Man united with ollie scenario and getting Paul Cox in for a "caretaker period" to settle the dust then giving it him full time again.. or Murray if Barnsley pick up some wins :lol: :lol:

I know it sounds mad, but I think cox when backed would bring success but it wouldn't be all that pretty. Top man manager and very respected in the game it seems.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:39 am

We need a manager that wants us playing attractive, winning football. There are a few choices and one worked with our current CEO.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:45 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:We need a manager that wants us playing attractive, winning football. There are a few choices and one worked with our current CEO.

Doesn't even need to be that attractive... what id give to see Mellis get the ball to feet and then play it out wide to someone running onto to it to put it in the box. Ive not seen us do that yet
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:26 am

Sedgwick wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:We need a manager that wants us playing attractive, winning football. There are a few choices and one worked with our current CEO.

Doesn't even need to be that attractive... what id give to see Mellis get the ball to feet and then play it out wide to someone running onto to it to put it in the box. Ive not seen us do that yet

True. Attractive in respect to the tripe dished up now doesn’t mean too much :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:38 am

I’m pretty sure GC stated he was having the players in today for training.

Is anyone going anywhere near the training ground to see if he is present and taking it.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:53 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I’m pretty sure GC stated he was having the players in today for training.

Is anyone going anywhere near the training ground to see if he is present and taking it.

What's the point in having them in, he doesn't coach owt into them in the week so today won't make much difference humping the ball into Cardale Rd :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:56 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I’m pretty sure GC stated he was having the players in today for training.

What's the point in having them in, he doesn't coach owt into them in the week so today won't make much difference humping the ball into Cardale Rd :lol:

That may well be but the point is that his presence (or lack of it) may be an indication of his fate.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:31 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

I’d be willing to accept poor quality football with good quality results or (trying to play) good quality football with middling or variable results. At the moment we’ve the worst of both worlds.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby m1cksut » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:20 pm

we need adam murrays eye for talent, david flitcrofts footballing style, paul cox's late season surge, and much as i hate to say it, steve evans intimidating the officials.

probably going to end up with another no name, never was from the arse end of league 1.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:28 pm

Grammar mistakes?? If, at school, you spent less time making up nicknames for your Headmaster Mr King (e.g. Fu and Wan) and more time studying this would not happen.

But like you I am deeply concerned.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:52 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Grammar mistakes?? If, at school, you spent less time making up nicknames for your Headmaster Mr King (e.g. Fu and Wan) and more time studying this would not happen.

But like you I am deeply concerned.

Ha ha, what do you mean?
I’m a very well educated person...

BOLLA taught me a lot...
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 pm

Just let Sharpe do the next one.

John Radford is a great businessman, but clearly knows FA about football.

I'm sure he only took advice on Cox's appointment from others, and took considered time with applicants for that appointment.

Every internal appointment has been a disaster, he even appointed a bloke who was an ex squaddie and fitness instructor for crying out loud.

Flitcroft was appointed because his sister in law is mates with Carolyn and twice when his teams played us, they passed us off the park.

Evans was the best appointment to fit the big spend strategy of that season, but I dare say with football knowledge-based consultation, many would have advised him against that appointent too.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:00 pm

Now I am starting to worry!!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum