{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:24 am

Ardley was showing he could get Notts going and was on a great run before last seasonn was curtailed. Coghlan struggled last season to produce anything remotely looking like form, saying players weren't fit... ya de ya. This season it's looking even worse. He doesn't know how to fix it either.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:10 am

It's non league.we could probably win one out of two down there.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:34 am

I am Spartacus wrote:County, whom have stuck with the same manager through relegation and a season in the non-league abyss have more points so far this season than the serial manager changing teams of us and Forest.

There may be something that can be read into that.

So you are saying you want to get relegated to the conference... And spend two further seasons down there just to keep coughlan?! Personally I'd rather ditch super TAG and get an EXPERIENCED lower league manager in who can get some soul back into the stags.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:53 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:County, whom have stuck with the same manager through relegation and a season in the non-league abyss have more points so far this season than the serial manager changing teams of us and Forest.

So you are saying you want to get relegated to the conference... And spend two further seasons down there just to keep coughlan?! Personally I'd rather ditch super TAG and get an EXPERIENCED lower league manager in who can get some soul back into the stags.

No, read the post again but slower. It is a reference to one side having stuck with a manager and two others not. Nothing to do with wishing to be non-league, more a critique on the ‘hire and fire’ style of ownership rather than a longer term approach.

Are you related to Old West Stander by any chance?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:57 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

No, read the post again but slower. It is a reference to one side having stuck with a manager and two others not. Nothing to do with wishing to be non-league, more a critique on the ‘hire and fire’ style of ownership rather than a longer term approach.

Are you related to Old West Stander by any chance?

Sparky, I think he means sticking with GC would result in relegation (which I think is a possibility) and thus we would suffer that fate if we followed County’s model. By swapping again we may avoid the relegation in the first place.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Believe it or not but there are loads of Notts fans who want Ardley out and have done since they got relegated. One of the comments last night was interesting. Loads were saying how they “were back” and were going to “piss this league” and a few other were saying “we only beat a load of part timers who’d probably been to work before playing us last night and we still conceded a goal to them”.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:10 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:20 pm

They should walk that league in fairness this season, all those other clubs will have cut their cloth to the bone and be living on the edge. County still have another year of parachute money?
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:37 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

Oh dear poor lad :?
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:02 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:They should walk that league in fairness this season, all those other clubs will have cut their cloth to the bone and be living on the edge. County still have another year of parachute money?

I agree, furthermore I can see them challenging for the League 2 title next season.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:08 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:They should walk that league in fairness this season, all those other clubs will have cut their cloth to the bone and be living on the edge. County still have another year of parachute money?

I agree, furthermore I can see them challenging for the League 2 title next season.

certainly on the way up.

Jimmy managed any minutes there yet?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 pm

live stream for Sutton United (with a 100% record so far) vs Notts Co
https://www.suttonunited.net/product/su ... ober-2020/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby smulls » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:live stream for Sutton United (with a 100% record so far) vs Notts Co
https://www.suttonunited.net/product/su ... ober-2020/

Another game Tippy Tappy Football to watch! :D
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tinman » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:57 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

Is he on Smak?
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:08 am

County look half decent from what I have seen of them so far, and certainly try to play football in a completely different way to what we did to get out of that division.

Remains to be seen if that will be good enough though when the pitches get chopped up and football on the floor gets harder to play. Lots of clogger teams down there that can do a job on you by just pumping ball after ball into the box.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:25 am

stagmanrob wrote:County look half decent from what I have seen of them so far, and certainly try to play football in a completely different way to what we did to get out of that division.

Remains to be seen if that will be good enough though when the pitches get chopped up and football on the floor gets harder to play. Lots of clogger teams down there that can do a job on you by just pumping ball after ball into the box.

They’re playing some really good stuff and using wingers and wing backs!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:43 am

Is this some sort of Notts County love in now ???

Get a grip lads fgs.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:00 pm

The wheels will fall off the wheelbarrow at some point. All in good time. A few more years of misery will do me.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Losing 2 3
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:44 pm

There is some light in today’s gloom and that is that Jimmy Knowles scored today. I hope this continues.

Though County may be passing us the way we are playing. :cry:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 pm

This will sound really weird but here goes. I had a dream last night that Maidenhead won, I haven't a clue why, but it seemed really vivid, so I put some cash on them to win and got £25 back for it. I'm not a regular betting man but this was just weird. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:18 pm

Maybe Mansfield fans should be focusing on more where we are in our league before trying to patronise others
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:51 am

Dan wrote:This will sound really weird but here goes. I had a dream last night that Maidenhead won, I haven't a clue why, but it seemed really vivid, so I put some cash on them to win and got £25 back for it. I'm not a regular betting man but this was just weird. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I hope you have a dream we win one before Xmas, coz all i'm getting are nightmares atm.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:50 am

KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amberheart » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 am

Dan wrote:This will sound really weird but here goes. I had a dream last night that Maidenhead won, I haven't a clue why, but it seemed really vivid, so I put some cash on them to win and got £25 back for it. I'm not a regular betting man but this was just weird. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Wish I did Dan ;)
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum