{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Get Flicker in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Get Flicker in

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:35 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
M E wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
M E wrote:No thanks, better managers available. Why do our fans always want managers back that we’ve sacked in the past?

Who?

Realistically I would say Graham Alexander.

Nigel Clough... if we were two down at HT he'd give them a kick up the backside and probably tell one or two that was them done. Graham has probably they've been playing ok... no improvement in the second half.

Nigel lives at Little Eaton, 30 minute ride into work, but would he come here, maybe not?

absolutely he would imo... He had to put up with a lot of things he couldn't have a Burton such as over night trips for long away trips. We'd suit him
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Jamie wrote:I'd take Clough, flipflop no thanks. Last time we went back a former manager we went down that season.

Let it lie.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:37 pm

Definitely not just remember Oldham and MK away nearly as bad as today
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby AlanStag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:39 pm

If Coughlan goes we need a proper interview process, not this lining someone up or bringing back an old face. We’re early on in the season enough that we don’t need to rush, we can make sure we’re getting the right man and they actually want to be here.

Our failure has been due to the Radford’s making rash decisions over the past few seasons. We need a thought out and cohesive approach going forwards if we’re going to progress and stop this endless circus.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:45 pm

No to Clough. What’s he done since he brought Burton up ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 pm

bellwhiff wrote:No to Clough. What’s he done since he brought Burton up ?

Well other than take Burton into the Championship, and keep them there for a second season, which we've never done, nothing.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:04 pm

At least we’d know we’re going to raspberry up and fail from February onwards than at the start of the season.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Sacking Flitcroft was a massive mistake... we played the best football for years the club was buzzing gates were on the
rise and it was a treat to go to the ground... and now we are paying for a knee jerk decision.we have gone back years
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Issue we have is a manager could come in ask when he can rebuild the squad and the answer is 22/23 season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:24 pm

AlanStag wrote:If Coughlan goes we need a proper interview process, not this lining someone up or bringing back an old face. We’re early on in the season enough that we don’t need to rush, we can make sure we’re getting the right man and they actually want to be here.

Our failure has been due to the Radford’s making rash decisions over the past few seasons. We need a thought out and cohesive approach going forwards if we’re going to progress and stop this endless circus.

Spot on. I've thought that for a long time.

Advertise the job, interview at least three

It could prove surprising who would apply.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Is Clough's style any easier on the eyes than what we get now
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Is Clough's style any easier on the eyes than what we get now

We need results, not pretty football
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm

I wonder how different things would be if flitcroft and his players didn’t do the biggest choke of all time the other season.

When you’ve odds of 1/25 to go up and miss out is some effort.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ian23 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:28 pm

Completely agree rash decisions have cost us but from all accounts Carolyn wanted to keep flitcroft
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Vice President » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:28 pm

It was a huge mistake sacking Flitcroft. (I said so at the time). However, I'm not sure that reappointing him would be the solution right now and I get the feeling that all is not well in that relationship.

There are many people out there who can lead us to glory (or at least salvage the situation) .... the difficulty is knowing who!

We need to take our time with the next appointment - and advertise it properly this time! Bring in an external caretaker if necessary. I am hoping that this is where David Sharpe shows his value.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Is Clough's style any easier on the eyes than what we get now

I think it probably is but in any case it is efficient and we would stay up.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Nigel clough lives on his name & not his managerial record... come on be honest what has really done?
We have to question our recruitment to be fair he would be taking us sideways...
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:33 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

We need results, not pretty football

The two more often than not follow. Clough would not be my choice if we have a vacancy.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Would love the Cowley's to come in, think they could turn the club round like they did with Lincoln.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:37 pm

No we all want great looking style of football to be proud off instead of this dross we are watching now
Clough wouldn’t be my choice either.
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:38 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Would love the Cowley's to come in, think they could turn the club round like they did with Lincoln.

So would I
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:38 pm

Yes and Lincoln gave them plenty of time to get it right.. and they built on that success.
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:39 pm

Sacking Flitcroft was not the wrong decision, this dreadful form started whilst he was in charge.

Feb 9th 2019 Newport away since then the form has been a disaster for all concerned with this football club.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Old amber wrote:Yes and Lincoln gave them plenty of time to get it right.. and they built on that success.

They know how to stop the rot, they did it at Lincoln and at Huddersfield they turned them around a bit and were unfairly sacked imo.

If they were considered (Cowley's) they might look at how many managers we've had in the last 4/5 seasons and want some stability instead.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:47 pm

adamstag wrote:I wonder how different things would be if flitcroft and his players didn’t do the biggest choke of all time the other season.

When you’ve odds of 1/25 to go up and miss out is some effort.

Adam - go away mate. If we’d stuck with Flitcroft we wouldn’t be here now. Look at Wycombe
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum