{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:07 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1282368/coronavirus-uk-scientists-deaths-october-december-china-wuhan-pandemic-ons-data-spt

Try that for a start.

Yes I read that one. 2 scientists saying it may be a possibility and 1 saying it is highly unlikely. Not exactly conclusive.
What about the October death ?


Dave. You are the one that is insisting the virus was not present before the two Chinese nationals arrived at the end of February. If you opened your mind a little and read what others write you would realise that I say I don’t know when it arrived but it is probable the date was much earlier than late February. The two scientists in that article agree that it is possible the third says improbable not impossible. I don’t have to prove anything to you and it would be a waste of time to try as you have bigoted views that you will not change.

The reason I used that link was simply that it was the first one provided by Google. Here is a similar one from The Guardian if you care to read it. It goes into a little more depth and actually names a victim from before the case you insist was the first. It also states the virus could easily have been here in November. There are similar instances throughout Europe where scientists are questioning the arrival dates in their countries. Are all of these wrong? Do you know best?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... e-to-light

In respect of your school ground name, in a different thread you called me a two hat so why your displeasure at my dig back? I think my name for you is much more appropriate and far less insulting, and it could have been far worse if I sunk to your level. If you don’t like it, don’t throw stones.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3723
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:14 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1282368/coronavirus-uk-scientists-deaths-october-december-china-wuhan-pandemic-ons-data-spt

Try that for a start.

Yes I read that one. 2 scientists saying it may be a possibility and 1 saying it is highly unlikely. Not exactly conclusive.
What about the October death ?


Dave. You are the one that is insisting the virus was not present before the two Chinese nationals arrived at the end of February. If you opened your mind a little and read what others write you would realise that I say I don’t know when it arrived but it is probable the date was much earlier than late February. The two scientists in that article agree that it is possible the third says improbable not impossible. I don’t have to prove anything to you and it would be a waste of time to try as you have bigoted views that you will not change.

The reason I used that link was simply that it was the first one provided by Google. Here is a similar one from The Guardian if you care to read it. It goes into a little more depth and actually names a victim from before the case you insist was the first. It also states the virus could easily have been here in November. There are similar instances throughout Europe where scientists are questioning the arrival dates in their countries. Are all of these wrong? Do you know best?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... e-to-light

In respect of your school ground name, in a different thread you called me a two hat so why your displeasure at my dig back? I think my name for you is much more appropriate and far less insulting, and it could have been far worse if I sunk to your level. If you don’t like it, don’t throw stones.

Just to clarify - the 2 Chinese nationals were at the end of January not February and are still the first diagnosed cases in the country.
I read what people write and there is still no proven scientific evidence that there were any cases in the UK prior to that date.
The first scientist in the first article that you linked said it was possible it was here sooner but it would require further investigation. The second said that it is possible we did have cases sooner but it is a long-shot as we weren't seeing it in hospitals during the winter and there was no rise in pneumonia admissions which he would have expected to see. Meanwhile the 3rd scientist said that if the virus was in the UK in October then with the R-rate of 3 the excess deaths would have been tripling every week through the winter which they didn't do.
There are many people, yourself and Dan included, who think they had Covid in the December/January period. If the disease was prevalent in the country at that point, with the time period that we are now aware of for people to become seriously ill and some pass away being in the 3-4 week period, why did we not see hospitalisations increasing until February and deaths increasing in March ? Was it just lucky that nobody suffered a severe case at that time ?
You also claimed in a previous post that a woman in the UK is thought to have died of Covid in October - I still haven't managed to find any record of this on the internet and would be very interested in reading about it. You say you don't have to prove anything to me and this is very true, but to accuse me of being a bigot for not believing what you claim without you providing any supporting evidence is a bit harsh. I am very open minded to facts, not hearsay.

Anyway, to get this thread back on track I have 2 questions :
1) Do you think fans should be allowed to attend matches in limited numbers with social distancing ?
2) If this is allowed, bearing in mind the figures I posted on the previous page of this thread, do you think it would be financially beneficial to clubs to do so ?
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:20 pm

Look up bigoted.

No and no.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3723
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:32 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1282368/coronavirus-uk-scientists-deaths-october-december-china-wuhan-pandemic-ons-data-spt

Try that for a start.

Yes I read that one. 2 scientists saying it may be a possibility and 1 saying it is highly unlikely. Not exactly conclusive.
What about the October death ?


Dave. You are the one that is insisting the virus was not present before the two Chinese nationals arrived at the end of February. If you opened your mind a little and read what others write you would realise that I say I don’t know when it arrived but it is probable the date was much earlier than late February. The two scientists in that article agree that it is possible the third says improbable not impossible. I don’t have to prove anything to you and it would be a waste of time to try as you have bigoted views that you will not change.

The reason I used that link was simply that it was the first one provided by Google. Here is a similar one from The Guardian if you care to read it. It goes into a little more depth and actually names a victim from before the case you insist was the first. It also states the virus could easily have been here in November. There are similar instances throughout Europe where scientists are questioning the arrival dates in their countries. Are all of these wrong? Do you know best?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... e-to-light

In respect of your school ground name, in a different thread you called me a two hat so why your displeasure at my dig back? I think my name for you is much more appropriate and far less insulting, and it could have been far worse if I sunk to your level. If you don’t like it, don’t throw stones.

Just to clarify - the 2 Chinese nationals were at the end of January not February and are still the first diagnosed cases in the country.
I read what people write and there is still no proven scientific evidence that there were any cases in the UK prior to that date.
The first scientist in the first article that you linked said it was possible it was here sooner but it would require further investigation. The second said that it is possible we did have cases sooner but it is a long-shot as we weren't seeing it in hospitals during the winter and there was no rise in pneumonia admissions which he would have expected to see. Meanwhile the 3rd scientist said that if the virus was in the UK in October then with the R-rate of 3 the excess deaths would have been tripling every week through the winter which they didn't do.
There are many people, yourself and Dan included, who think they had Covid in the December/January period. If the disease was prevalent in the country at that point, with the time period that we are now aware of for people to become seriously ill and some pass away being in the 3-4 week period, why did we not see hospitalisations increasing until February and deaths increasing in March ? Was it just lucky that nobody suffered a severe case at that time ?
You also claimed in a previous post that a woman in the UK is thought to have died of Covid in October - I still haven't managed to find any record of this on the internet and would be very interested in reading about it. You say you don't have to prove anything to me and this is very true, but to accuse me of being a bigot for not believing what you claim without you providing any supporting evidence is a bit harsh. I am very open minded to facts, not hearsay.

Anyway, to get this thread back on track I have 2 questions :
1) Do you think fans should be allowed to attend matches in limited numbers with social distancing ?
2) If this is allowed, bearing in mind the figures I posted on the previous page of this thread, do you think it would be financially beneficial to clubs to do so ?


For the record I have never said that I thought I’d had Covid at any time let alone last year. I stated facts that disproved what you said about it not being here. And as to your other points about why this and that weren’t done, it’s because no one really knew what it was back in February let alone if people were suffering from it back in September, October, November, December. Those who would’ve had it would’ve been told by their GP that they’d just got flu and to get on with it. I bet those who died from it were old and ended up dying from other stuff like Pneumonia which would’ve been triggered by Covid.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:11 pm

There’s proof that COVID was in uk before the first diagnosed case.

Just saying
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15217
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:19 am

KirkbyStag2 wrote:Over 174,000 signatures, Parliament has to consider all petitions with over 100,000 signatures for debate.





Scheduled to be discussed in parliament on 9th November.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:10 pm

Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:17 pm

bellwhiff wrote:There’s proof that COVID was in uk before the first diagnosed case.

Just saying

Any links or sources for this ?
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:20 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:There’s proof that COVID was in uk before the first diagnosed case.

Just saying

Any links or sources for this ?


You don’t take any notice of them anyway :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Dan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:There’s proof that COVID was in uk before the first diagnosed case.

Just saying

Any links or sources for this ?


You don’t take any notice of them anyway :lol:

You seem to be a bit confused Dan - evidence/proof is exactly what I do take notice of.
Unfortunately, the links you posted were to opinions and supposition, of which there are numerous opposite opinions.
If anybody can provide links to actual evidence then I am happy to take that on board.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:50 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:There’s proof that COVID was in uk before the first diagnosed case.

Just saying

Any links or sources for this ?


You don’t take any notice of them anyway :lol:

You seem to be a bit confused Dan - evidence/proof is exactly what I do take notice of.
Unfortunately, the links you posted were to opinions and supposition, of which there are numerous opposite opinions.
If anybody can provide links to actual evidence then I am happy to take that on board.


Ostrich and sand. Give it up Dan he will never take the blinkers off and look sideways.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3723
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:56 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:There’s proof that COVID was in uk before the first diagnosed case.

Just saying

Any links or sources for this ?


You don’t take any notice of them anyway :lol:

You seem to be a bit confused Dan - evidence/proof is exactly what I do take notice of.
Unfortunately, the links you posted were to opinions and supposition, of which there are numerous opposite opinions.
If anybody can provide links to actual evidence then I am happy to take that on board.


Ostrich and sand. Give it up Dan he will never take the blinkers off and look sideways.


I have mate I can’t be arsed anymore.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:59 pm

There is no proof covid was in the uk before 2020.
Hjeldefan
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:There is no proof covid was in the uk before 2020.


Is that the party line?

And where is the proof it wasn’t?

Open minds learn more. Dogma blunts imagination.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3723
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:17 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:There is no proof covid was in the uk before 2020.


Is that the party line?

And where is the proof it wasn’t?

Open minds learn more. Dogma blunts imagination.

The death rates in 2019 were down on those in 2018. If covid had been in the country, it would have resulted in unprecedented deaths and hospitalizations that, even without testing, would have raised eyebrows within the medical community. This didn't happen. Where is any proof, at all, that it was here in 2019?
Hjeldefan
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:55 am

Hjeldefan wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:There is no proof covid was in the uk before 2020.


Is that the party line?

And where is the proof it wasn’t?

Open minds learn more. Dogma blunts imagination.

The death rates in 2019 were down on those in 2018. If covid had been in the country, it would have resulted in unprecedented deaths and hospitalizations that, even without testing, would have raised eyebrows within the medical community. This didn't happen. Where is any proof, at all, that it was here in 2019?


No there were 1000 extra deaths last winter compared to the norm. Whilst not being proof that Covid was here it is a good indication that it MAY have been.

As I have said numerous times,we don’t know if it was here or not but it is just stupid to deny the possibility and dismiss the myriad of circumstantial evidence.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3723
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Come on then Boris, the DCMS etc., why can Strictly Come Dnacing have a socially distanced audience in, indoors, in a hot studio but football fans cannot attend an elite game (for some reason that includes us today) socially distanced, outdoors?

To quote a favourite terrace chant of mine, ‘You don’t know what you are doing’!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bear 73, Beyond The Pale, Martin Shaw and 29 guests