{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pack Mentality

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Pack Mentality

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:29 pm

Conker wrote:We are in a very disappointing position but I don’t think the club should even be considering sacking him yet, ask me again after another 5 games. It’s also a fair response that we don’t want to leave it too long like with Dempster, who should have been sacked after Cambridge battered us 4-0.

Well they are doing.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:44 pm

I don't think we can afford to be as patient as we would like to be. It is possible that due to COVID, this season might not run its full course. If we go into full lockdown around Christmas and we are in a relegation place, we might not have the usual luxury of time.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:49 pm

Vice President wrote:I don't think we can afford to be as patient as we would like to be. It is possible that due to COVID, this season might not run its full course. If we go into full lockdown around Christmas and we are in a relegation place, we might not have the usual luxury of time.

Definitely something clubs will have to bare in mind.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:01 pm

Dan wrote:
Conker wrote:We are in a very disappointing position but I don’t think the club should even be considering sacking him yet, ask me again after another 5 games. It’s also a fair response that we don’t want to leave it too long like with Dempster, who should have been sacked after Cambridge battered us 4-0.

Well they are doing.

Are they? How do you know this?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:18 pm

Dan wrote:

Well they are doing.

And that is half of the problem at the club. This a very expensive business for them to run and all emotion should be kept out of it.
This is what David Sharpe talked about when he talked about selling players.
By allowing Coughlan to get rid of basically all of the old squad, they made a business decision to back him in at least the medium term. They shouldn't be considering changing that plan so quickly into this part of the business plan
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:20 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Dan wrote:

Well they are doing.

And that is half of the problem at the club. This a very expensive business for them to run and all emotion should be kept out of it.
By allowing Coughlan to get rid of basically all of the old squad, they made a business decision to back him in at least the medium term. They shouldn't be considering changing that plan so quickly into this part of the business plan

Forest let Lamouchi sign 12 players knowing they were already looking for his replacement.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:41 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I’ve noticed on here the pack mentality. We are half a dozen games into a season and most people have turned on the manager. The demands of today’s society for wanting it all, now is shameful. The manager needs a chance to do his job. The way the howling mob have turned on him is embarrassing.

You don’t even watch us bell boy , this manager is way way out his depth ‘ the atmosphere inside the stadium would be bordering on toxic if fans where allowed in playing defensive trying not to lose the game yesterday sums it up . Hopefully Sharpe will be advising the Radfords .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:01 pm

Dan wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
Dan wrote:

Well they are doing.

Forest let Lamouchi sign 12 players knowing they were already looking for his replacement.

That's not good business sense really Dan :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:56 pm

I listened to the managers opinions last season and believed him and I think the players signed are good enough for a promotion challenge .i also believe teams need time to gel , you cannot make that many changes and expect to win every game from the start of the season . Individual errors we’re always going to happen and you would hope the side would learn from them . But ,Players seem to have decent games , Cook in particular, and they are then replaced with players not suitable for the role they are being asked to play .Yesterdays tactics were suitable for Cook and Bowery or at least one of them to partner Maynard. I read someone else’s comments about us winning a point and how they were livid with the tactics .I totally agreed. It is too early to consider a change of manager but his selections need to at least start showing some signs of improvement .
After this many games I would like to think you could see what the manager is trying to do .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:08 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:I listened to the managers opinions last season and believed him and I think the players signed are good enough for a promotion challenge .i also believe teams need time to gel , you cannot make that many changes and expect to win every game from the start of the season . Individual errors we’re always going to happen and you would hope the side would learn from them . But ,Players seem to have decent games , Cook in particular, and they are then replaced with players not suitable for the role they are being asked to play .Yesterdays tactics were suitable for Cook and Bowery or at least one of them to partner Maynard. I read someone else’s comments about us winning a point and how they were livid with the tactics .I totally agreed. It is too early to consider a change of manager but his selections need to at least start showing some signs of improvement .
After this many games I would like to think you could see what the manager is trying to do .

Every game, one'd be nice :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:11 pm

Spiritater wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:I listened to the managers opinions last season and believed him and I think the players signed are good enough for a promotion challenge .i also believe teams need time to gel , you cannot make that many changes and expect to win every game from the start of the season . Individual errors we’re always going to happen and you would hope the side would learn from them . But ,Players seem to have decent games , Cook in particular, and they are then replaced with players not suitable for the role they are being asked to play .Yesterdays tactics were suitable for Cook and Bowery or at least one of them to partner Maynard. I read someone else’s comments about us winning a point and how they were livid with the tactics .I totally agreed. It is too early to consider a change of manager but his selections need to at least start showing some signs of improvement .

Every game, one'd be nice :lol:

Best tell Salford and Gillingham to start losing
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:34 pm

This whole thread is built on misrepresenting the posts and perspectives of people who have expressed doubts about Coughlan.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:56 pm

We won't get a better opportunity to go up than this year in my opinion.... 90% of teams are struggling with the pandemic and slashing playing budgets.

We need to get someone in who knows what there doing & fast... Giving 10 more games to GC will be leaving it too late.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:34 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:We won't get a better opportunity to go up than this year in my opinion.... 90% of teams are struggling with the pandemic and slashing playing budgets.

We need to get someone in who knows what there doing & fast... Giving 10 more games to GC will be leaving it too late.

5 more games and he will have had a fair chance to pull it round.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:49 am

I really wish people would move on from the Flitcroft/ Evans debate. They both left a long time ago and the same arguments go round and round with constant sniping.
In these difficult times we need to focus on the survival of our football club, we have had an awful year on the pitch and an even worse one off it. Moving up to mid table would be progress, in a season where the league could once again terminate abruptly, we have to stick together and support each other.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:10 am

gavinbrookes wrote:This whole thread is built on misrepresenting the posts and perspectives of people who have expressed doubts about Coughlan.

It absolutely isn’t a misrepresentation.

I started this because the misgivings at the manager have turned to outright abuse and it’s almost like posters are egging each other on to be more scathing.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:13 am

Dan wrote:

Well they are doing.

Plenty of better choices about at the minute.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 am

So Dan, how do you know they’re speaking to other managers ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am

He knows nowt.

To busy ticking off the full spectrum of different logical fallacies in his debate with Gazza
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:32 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:He knows nowt.

To busy ticking off the full spectrum of different logical fallacies in his debate with Gazza

Just think it’s amusing that he went after me when someone PMd me what happened with the Tomlinson incident and I had the temerity to say as such yet he drops this nibble and doesn’t back it up.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:21 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

Well they are doing.

Who ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

Well they are doing.

Who ?

I'm going to guess the answer will be

Cowley or Paul Cook :lol:

or Clough
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Does anyone actually know what it says in the rules if the season has to be ended?Do you have to have played so many games of the season before it is classed as one, and PPG are used to determine promotion,playoffs and relegation.
Surely they couldn't say you were bottom at Christmas so you're toast.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:06 pm

The precedent is PPG.

I would expect them to follow this.otherwise they could be on a sticky wicket from.a legal perspective.

Not to worry though, another 10 games at this rate and we'll be on 6 points
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:24 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:The precedent is PPG.

I would expect them to follow this.otherwise they could be on a sticky wicket from.a legal perspective.

Not to worry though, another 10 games at this rate and we'll be on 6 points

Just a thought, sure there's a simple answer but if clubs can afford to play games now with no fans, why couldn't we when the season needed finishing?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum