{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Managerial choices

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Managerial choices

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'd love to see a bit more attacking play like we did at Crewe although I think Crewe also hit the post and Mal Benning cleared one off the line.

Ahh yes, oh for an attacking team challenging for promotion .... ;)

What about a attacking team going for promotion untill the last quarter when we implode, every time, without fail?

The fall out will be us sad raspberry discussing it years later, trust me.

Well I'd sooner watch a side just missing out on promotion than one in a second successive relegation battle. How about you?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:52 pm

Im sure jr an his wife would as well ,but lifes a bitch sometimes
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Agree with Jamie.See where we are at Christmas then a decision will be made one way or another.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Can’t wait till Christmas. Covid might cut the season short.
This is one of the worst managerial records in our
history - and it has relegation written all over it.
If we still haven’t won a game in the next 3 games, then it is time to bring in a proven, experienced manager.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Vice President wrote:Can’t wait till Christmas. Covid might cut the season short.
This is one of the worst managerial records in our
history - and it has relegation written all over it.
If we still haven’t won a game in the next 3 games, then it is time to bring in a proven, experienced manager.

Which we needed to do after flitcroft got sacked!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:29 am

Walsall currently have the longest unbeaten run of all top 4 tiers of football.... Darrell Clarke is doing it again
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:36 am

Sedgwick wrote:Walsall currently have the longest unbeaten run of all top 4 tiers of football.... Darrell Clarke is doing it again

Didn't he start off quite badly at Walsall as well ???

Amazing what can happen if you stick with a manager.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby natfromboza » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:59 am

Sedgwick wrote:Walsall currently have the longest unbeaten run of all top 4 tiers of football.... Darrell Clarke is doing it again

Darryl Clarke would be my number 1 choice if we decided to sack G.C. Proven track record and local lad who knows what this football club means to the fans.
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:09 am

Absolutely bananas our board overlooked him after Flitcroft and Dempster.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:21 am

He's on a good contract at Walsall. Even if we were to get rid of GC now I can't see us going for a manager who's currently employed
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:55 am

natfromboza wrote:

Darryl Clarke would be my number 1 choice if we decided to sack G.C. Proven track record and local lad who knows what this football club means to the fans.

You can't even spell his name correctly.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:58 am

The timing on both sides isn’t right for Clarke imo. As someone says in a previous post, the right time was after DF’s tenure.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:03 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

Didn't he start off quite badly at Walsall as well ???

Amazing what can happen if you stick with a manager.

Think a lot of Walsall fans wanted him gone not long after he joined, they weren't great last season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:02 pm

What makes you think Mr Clarke would want to come,if memory serves me correctly our crowd used to get on his back more than an ordinary Joe.
Home town club or not I'd not be tempted unless the offer was too good to turn down.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:11 pm

stagone1959 wrote:What makes you think Mr Clarke would want to come,if memory serves me correctly our crowd used to get on his back more than an ordinary Joe.
Home town club or not I'd not be tempted unless the offer was too good to turn down.

He 100% wants to come.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Dan wrote:
stagone1959 wrote:What makes you think Mr Clarke would want to come,if memory serves me correctly our crowd used to get on his back more than an ordinary Joe.

He 100% wants to come.

That's so true.
Spoke to him about 6 weeks ago. He had just visited his mother's.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:33 pm

I don’t doubt that Clarke would like to come but as some have said, I expect if we made a change it would be someone who is out of work. Unless they did the old resign trick that Evans tried.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:35 pm

Dan wrote:

He 100% wants to come.

Good guess.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:13 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

He 100% wants to come.

Good guess.

Question. If he did eventually come here, which I think is going to at some point, how long would it be before the knives will be out. Would he get longer than most managers if he under performs. I personally wouldn’t get on the back of one of our own. By that I mean a local lad. I imagine lots would. I’d want to stick with him no matter what.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

He 100% wants to come.

Good guess.

I can only go on what I hear, but talking we've about clarke over a number of years now with people in the know, i'm not so sure thats at accurate that clarke wants to manage us. At least yet anyway.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

He 100% wants to come.

Good guess.

I can only go on what I hear, but talking we've about clarke over a number of years now with people in the know, i'm not so sure thats at accurate that clarke wants to manage us. At least yet anyway.

My dad used to live next door but one to Clarke, gave him old boots etc when he was a kid.. Still in touch today and he's said he would love to return at some point there's no doubt about it. But saying he wants to come like you know we've been in touch with him recently :lol: :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:52 pm

DC would love the opportunity to work under the Radfords
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:DC would love the opportunity to work under the Radfords

would probably prefer to work under the class of 92 though
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:23 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

He 100% wants to come.

Good guess.

My dad used to live next door but one to Clarke, gave him old boots etc when he was a kid.. Still in touch today and he's said he would love to return at some point there's no doubt about it. But saying he wants to come like you know we've been in touch with him recently :lol: :lol:

Here he goes :lol: :lol: Of course he did Walter. :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:40 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

He 100% wants to come.

Good guess.

Dont diss him dan ,wait till he tells us all about his arguments with fenway sports group and that woodward fella in manchester
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum