{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:15 pm

Over 174,000 signatures, Parliament has to consider all petitions with over 100,000 signatures for debate.

Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Re: Allow Fans to Attend Matches

Postby The One » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:18 pm

With restrictions in Notts coming in zero chance
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:19 pm

As if the virus isn’t spreading fast enough as it is.

If they allow that we may as well go back to living normally.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:22 pm

new cases shooting up,hospital admissions rising and theres people demanding to be let into football grounds?amazing jeff!!!
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:32 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:As if the virus isn’t spreading fast enough as it is.

a virus with a 99% survival rate... we need to learn to live with it.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:39 pm

If people can go to pubs, if people can cram on to tube lines, if people can go to concerts at the royal Albert hall indoors, if people can go to the cinema, if people can go to busy shopping centres, then they should be allowed to go and sit outside in a football stadium that is restricted to a lower capacity, strict social distancing, and the rest of it. I’ve signed it.

Such is the spotlight, you would struggle to find a more covid secure environment than a football ground in terms of measures put in to place. Especially with every ground having to pass through SAG regulations and whatnot.

It’s negligent what’s going on at the minute in my opinion, and it is just my opinion as I appreciate every man and his dog has an opinion on this and it tends to be an opinion that can’t be swayed!

It seems to be completely forgotten by the media these days that the virus is only dangerous to people of a certain age/health etc. (Always be exceptions), it’s a serious concern for these people, but we should be moving forwards with caution in my opinion. I don’t expect it to happen though, could be years at this rate!!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:03 pm

Sweden allows for attendance at football matches, but then again what can Sweden teach us, we are world beating, arent we.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Big yella » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:28 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:As if the virus isn’t spreading fast enough as it is.

a virus with a 99% survival rate... we need to learn to live with it.

And a PM urging people to go to the cinema.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Any restrictions seem to boost the infection rate enormously, hence Bolton going from 20 infections per 100000 at the start of their lockdown, to 255 per 100000 now. So perhaps it would be sensible to go back to considering allowing fans back again. It can hardly be a worse result than imposing further measures, and as the government seems to have no clue how the virus is spreading, we may as well get on with things whilst they flounder.
At least the rate in the Mansfield area is one of the lowest in the country, so we must be doing something right.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:12 am

Surely the real question is do we really wanna go back? :lol: it's bad enough having to endure the pain from the comfort of your own settee nevermind sat in the freezing stand with a face mask round ya gob for 90 mins!.

But in all seriousness with the current Notts lockdown underway its not gunna happen this side of Xmas.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Old amber » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:01 am

I have signed it,like most football fans I want to get back into the ground,but I think we’ve got little hope of doing this
At all this season..petition or not.
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:30 am

Whilst sitting in the stands may not be much of a problem, access/egress, toilets etc are. And will fans really sit quietly or will they be shouting and singing and sitting together.

It may not be a problem with season ticket holders who can be traced but open up to casual fans and it will be a nightmare. Trace details would have to be taken for every ticket holder and what a nightmare that would be. Who would actually self isolate if fans started to test positive?.

They told us players would be safe as they are in bubbles and that has really worked as demonstrated by Leyton Orient.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:06 am

Singing , ha ha, give over before my sides split.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:13 am

Think the reason people are calling for this is because other, much riskier places are open. It is far riskier to go to a pub or the cinema than it is to watch a football match, socially distances, wearing a mask, and outside. Yet football is the thing that is banned? Makes absolutely no sense.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:15 am

Just shows there are 174,000 football loving, inconsiderate clowns willing to put their name to a petition which, looking at the bigger picture, has no importance at all in the present pandemic.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:28 am

oldweststander wrote:Just shows there are 174,000 football loving, inconsiderate clowns willing to put their name to a petition which, looking at the bigger picture, has no importance at all in the present pandemic.

How many people do football clubs employ? Pretty sure that those who may lose their job should clubs go bust will think it has a pretty large level of importance.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:32 am

oldweststander wrote:Just shows there are 174,000 football loving, inconsiderate clowns willing to put their name to a petition which, looking at the bigger picture, has no importance at all in the present pandemic.

And just why are myself and 173,999 others (at least) defined as clowns? For wanting to return to football grounds when the FA and government have deemed it safe to? Safe to watch Clipstone and Belper Town but not Mansfield Town? The petition is asking the current government to rethink backtracking on its thinking regarding so called Elite Sport. It is not a call to spectators to be guinea pigs for herd immunity. Read, if you can or ask your carer to, the recent release from the Brighton GP who states that after the Brighton trial game there was no effect on the figures in the local area.

Football fans, or clowns as you call us, are using government and parliamentary system to effect change. I would hate to hear your opinion of the BLM protestors and anti-lockdown protesters after they also gathered in numbers in public spaces.

The mental well being, community spirit, sense of well being, the benefits to the economy and a sense of a return to normality have a great importance in this current pandemic.

OWS I am afraid that based upon your comments you would fail to be employed in the circus as a clown, dancing horse, lion tamer’s three legged stool or a bearded lady.

Good day to you Sir!!!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:10 am

How does everyone intend to get to the grounds?
Bus train tram etc.. City centre transport would not cope on a Saturday.
We need to think more of what happens outside of grounds before and after the games.
300 going to the cinema is totally different to thousands attending football.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:25 am

Typical of this site. One person expresses a different opinion and gets abuse.
Not everybody is happy with the current status quo.
And before you ask, yes, I would be cosidered in the at risk group because of my age, and yes,I have also signed this petition.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Kernow » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:31 am

You really want to go back to watch that garbage, it is bad enough on tv. Rather be at home rather than sit in the toxic atmosphere that we exist. Joke. I am season ticket holder by the way.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:33 am

I am Spartacus wrote:

And just why are myself and 173,999 others (at least) defined as clowns? For wanting to return to football grounds when the FA and government have deemed it safe to? Safe to watch Clipstone and Belper Town but not Mansfield Town? The petition is asking the current government to rethink backtracking on its thinking regarding so called Elite Sport. It is not a call to spectators to be guinea pigs for herd immunity. Read, if you can or ask your carer to, the recent release from the Brighton GP who states that after the Brighton trial game there was no effect on the figures in the local area.

Football fans, or clowns as you call us, are using government and parliamentary system to effect change. I would hate to hear your opinion of the BLM protestors and anti-lockdown protesters after they also gathered in numbers in public spaces.

The mental well being, community spirit, sense of well being, the benefits to the economy and a sense of a return to normality have a great importance in this current pandemic.

OWS I am afraid that based upon your comments you would fail to be employed in the circus as a clown, dancing horse, lion tamer’s three legged stool or a bearded lady.

Good day to you Sir!!!!

Sparky

The government haven’t deemed it safe to return to league football grounds and have put the return on hold. Surely that is the point of this petition.

I can see the return to small non league grounds backfiring as fans who would normally attend league games flock to small games instead.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:01 am

BH_Stag wrote:If people can go to pubs, if people can cram on to tube lines, if people can go to concerts at the royal Albert hall indoors, if people can go to the cinema, if people can go to busy shopping centres, then they should be allowed to go and sit outside in a football stadium that is restricted to a lower capacity, strict social distancing, and the rest of it. I’ve signed it.

Such is the spotlight, you would struggle to find a more covid secure environment than a football ground in terms of measures put in to place. Especially with every ground having to pass through SAG regulations and whatnot.

It’s negligent what’s going on at the minute in my opinion, and it is just my opinion as I appreciate every man and his dog has an opinion on this and it tends to be an opinion that can’t be swayed!

It seems to be completely forgotten by the media these days that the virus is only dangerous to people of a certain age/health etc. (Always be exceptions), it’s a serious concern for these people, but we should be moving forwards with caution in my opinion. I don’t expect it to happen though, could be years at this rate!!

The problem with football grounds, even with a restricted capacity, is that everyone will want to arrive at the same time, use the toilets at half time, and leave at the same time. Therefore you have bottlenecks of people in close proximity where the virus could be spread quite easily from just one infected person.
As a comparison, I have tickets for a zoo on Monday where they are allowed limited numbers during the day and everyone has to book tickets in advance with an arrival time. You are only allowed access during the half hour window on your ticket which means there are no large queues trying to gain access.
Would you be happy to be told that yes you can watch a football match but your arrival time is between 1.15 and 1.30 for a 3.00 kick off ?

Your last paragraph shows the sort of misunderstanding that is causing the problem at the moment. This virus is dangerous to people of all ages and states of health, but you have fallen into the trap of assuming that if you are not likely to die from it then it isn't dangerous. Many younger and previously healthy people are being left with life changing after effects from the virus, such as heart disease, lung conditions, and neurological problems. Have a dig around the internet and you will find numerous stories of people such as one I saw yesterday of a woman in her 20s who was a long distance runner and is now in a wheelchair. A work colleague of my wife, in his 40s and no underlying conditions, had to be put into an induced coma back in March and was on a ventilator for 8 weeks. He is now home and 'recovered' but still can't walk more than 200 yards without getting breathless. Nobody knows at the moment how many 'healthy' people are going to end up with permanent disabilities as a result of the virus. Don't use the death figures as the marker as it is much more complicated than that.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 am

Hjeldefan wrote:

How many people do football clubs employ? Pretty sure that those who may lose their job should clubs go bust will think it has a pretty large level of importance.

Providing their mothers, fathers and family have not contracted Covid-19.

Half the problem is the attempt to protect the economy, the other half are those people who refuse to comply with restrictions, can you really see a football stadium being Covid-19 safe?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby 1966Stag » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:41 am

People who are very concerned will stay at home, those that are worried will go but arrive early so no queues, stay in their seats and either walk there or go in their own car. Those that have had enough and are not following any rules anyway will meet up in the pub, queue for the toilet and pies.

Simple really we know much more about the risk now leave us to live our lives how we want to.
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:44 am

I am Spartacus wrote:

Good day to you Sir!!!!

My comment was general not a personal attack, obviously yours are, but who cares.

The petition does not mention "when safe to do so".

We will all return "when safe to do so" but currently and in the short to medium term it isn't safe to return, you know that, I know that and surely to God 174,000 know that.

As for groups of protesters BLM or anything else, that should not have been allowed either, but maybe you supported the marches too?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum