{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Newport Score Thead. Sponsored by ifollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Newport Score Thead. Sponsored by ifollow

Postby The One » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:17 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Mansf1eld wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:It’s not going to improve under this clueless Irish clown ..

Racist raspberry

Racist hahaha. You're part of todays problems crying everytime someone expresses an opinion.

GC being Irish has no bearing on BtF 'opinion'.

The original statement is usuing GC nationality in a derogatory manner. Beyond the semantics of nationality v ethnicity, it's a textbook example of racism you ignorant raspberry.

In fact you know what, raspberry this place the bigots can have it.

Agreed.

If the manager was Pakistani and he was bringing it up every time then we'd all be up in arms. It's essentially racism dressed up as trolling.

Agreed
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:23 pm

Having looked over it I’m don’t get why someone would find it necessary to elaborate on the fact he’s Irish.

Whyever would him being Irish change anything? Would it be any different if he wasn’t Irish?

How curious
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Are the mods going to deal with the racism now he's putting it on every thread?

We get he doesn't like the Irish, we don't need to hear it or condone it or argue with it though.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:33 pm

I agree with Sneag. It's completely unnecessary to refer to GC's nationality. Just saying GC is "clueless" is sufficient although I don't agree.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:51 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Anyone remember what a 3pts 5 o’clock on a Sat feels like ?

Gotta go back to the 15th February 2020 for that. Oddly enough a 1-0 win vs Newport.

as someone said at the start
it’s the hope that kills ya

nobody ever said being a Stags fan was going to be easy

Or fun or rewarding in any way.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:53 pm

sunray wrote:wink68 wrote:
Why did we sack a decent manager.

Are we talking about Dempster who had 5 points after 4 games and no help from a Director of Football and previous managerial experiance. Also a better win rate than GC had last season.

The futures bright the futures promotion

I'm talking about the manager who played entertaining attacking football and took us to one point fron promotion., not one point from relegation. The one who everyone calls a failure. Yes he under achieved by a point, but last year we under achieved bt 40 points and this season doesn't look like it will be that good. We've dismantled a great squad for a load of league Two cloggers going backwards 6 or 7 years.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:55 pm

So Exeter were a bogey side, Newport are doing well, Orient are strong, Tranmere will be up there, what can we come up with for Stevenage next week when we dont get three points, they're resurgent? I want us to do well, and be up there challenging, but I just dont see it at the moment, not scoring enough goals and conceding too many.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:57 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I agree with Sneag. It's completely unnecessary to refer to GC's nationality. Just saying GC is "clueless" is sufficient although I don't agree.

Absolutely correct. No need for it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:59 pm

The other thing that everyone seems to have overlooked is that Newport played a game Tuesday which went to penalties.
Last edited by adamstag on Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:02 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I agree with Sneag. It's completely unnecessary to refer to GC's nationality. Just saying GC is "clueless" is sufficient although I don't agree.

I too completely agree with Sneag.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:25 pm

1970Stag wrote:So Exeter were a bogey side, Newport are doing well, Orient are strong, Tranmere will be up there, what can we come up with for Stevenage next week when we dont get three points, they're resurgent? I want us to do well, and be up there challenging, but I just dont see it at the moment, not scoring enough goals and conceding too many.

Just hope the board don’t give the Irish failure anymore money to spend
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:35 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
1970Stag wrote:So Exeter were a bogey side, Newport are doing well, Orient are strong, Tranmere will be up there, what can we come up with for Stevenage next week when we dont get three points, they're resurgent? I want us to do well, and be up there challenging, but I just dont see it at the moment, not scoring enough goals and conceding too many.

Just hope the board don’t give the Irish failure anymore money to spend

Key Rules
The moderators of this forum have a duty to ensure that comments made on the facility do not bring harm to any other member of the forum, the owners of this website, or to any 3rd party. As such, the following Key Rules apply:
3. Discrimination
Expressions of hatred, prejudice or intolerance towards members of any group or category, will not be tolerated. Examples are Racism, Sexism, Homophobia and Religious Intolerance. This does not prohibit discussion on such matters as immigration (in the non-football area), but there is no place for these kinds of remarks.

Users posting in breach of these Key Rules may receive an immediate ban from using the messageboards. At the very least a warning should be expected.

Secondary Rules
2. Spamming and Trolling
The following are not acceptable behaviours on the forums:
Spamming (repeatedly and purposefully taking threads off topic)
Trolling (posting only to provoke reactions)
Flame-baiting (goading, attempting to cause argument)

Failure to observe these Secondary Rules will result in a warning being issued.
If a previous warning(s) is in place, a ban (temporary or permanent) may ensue.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:38 pm

Thanks GFB Moderators will be dealing with it.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:43 pm

So aren't we allowed to call the tub of lard who flew off to China the Scottish Manager anymore?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:48 pm

The One wrote:Thanks GFB Moderators will be dealing with it.

I was flagging up to the poster, and emphatically wasn't trying to suggest that Mods weren't doing their job. You all do a grand job and didn't want to undermine
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:02 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

I was flagging up to the poster, and emphatically wasn't trying to suggest that Mods weren't doing their job. You all do a grand job and didn't want to undermine

So why bring it up ?? This board is a broad base of opinions that’s what makes it a success but people like you think you’ve a define right to have your opinion roughshod anyone else’s .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:06 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

So why bring it up ?? This board is a broad base of opinions that’s what makes it a success but people like you think you’ve a define right to have your opinion roughshod anyone else’s .

Why are you incapable of expressing your opinion without mentioning the managers nationality?

It’s all about opinions, but the board would be a better place if we didn’t have to suffer yours.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:07 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

Why are you incapable of expressing your opinion without mentioning the managers nationality?

It’s all about opinions, but the board would be a better place if we didn’t have to suffer yours.

Billy is acting the goat
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

So why bring it up ?? This board is a broad base of opinions that’s what makes it a success but people like you think you’ve a define right to have your opinion roughshod anyone else’s .[/quote

And their I bring home my point , people have alternative views so your telling me or any new poster not to bother if it doesn’t match your idealist views ??
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

So why bring it up ?? This board is a broad base of opinions that’s what makes it a success but people like you think you’ve a define right to have your opinion roughshod anyone else’s .[/quote

And their I bring home my point , people have alternative views so your telling me or any new poster not to bother if it doesn’t match your idealist views ??

If they’re anything like yours, yes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:22 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

I have no problem with you having an opinion, you thinking GC is incompetent or stupid but I do have a problem with you linking his nationality to his incompetence. My objecting to that is not me riding roughshod over anyone else's, it is just me standing up to your nonsense

Personally, I believe linking someone's competence or intelligence to their nationality is racist. But by continuing to post it when people have asked you not to is flamebaiting. Neither of those are about sharing opinions on the football or our manager.
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:23 pm

If you think it's perfectly fine to address the manager as the Irish manager, then you won't have a problem if we all only refer to you as Billy The Troll.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Back to football
A lot of work ahead
CG May have only 6 more games to get it right
JR is a results and success based business man he does not discriminate!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:33 pm

stagmanrob wrote:If you think it's perfectly fine to address the manager as the Irish manager, then you won't have a problem if we all only refer to you as Billy The Troll.

Didn’t we address Steve Evans as the Scottish one ?? Many post on here without comment just where does the latitude change ??
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:If you think it's perfectly fine to address the manager as the Irish manager, then you won't have a problem if we all only refer to you as Billy The Troll.

Didn’t we address Steve Evans as the Scottish one ?? Many post on here without comment ??

Scottish manager is a statement of fact, linking someone's race to a negative trait is not.
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum