{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

weird feeling this morning

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

weird feeling this morning

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:13 am

woke up first game of the season, home game, it’s just so weird not getting that buzz int it ?

just hope this I Follow thing works, sat watching the first game at home will be so flat, wanna be sat with Spiro & Owd Stag int Spoons over breakfast discussing the pre season activity, score predictions etc, half time chit chat & arrangements for the away game.

i just hope some don’t lose that lovin feeling

:coys: :mtfc:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: weird feeling this morning

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:01 am

T'is awful pal. No buzz at all. May have to go to Spoons for big breakfast.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:46 am

The start of this coming season has one of the most depressing feelings attached to it. No meeting up with friends at friendlies, no working out which away games we are definitely going to, no scrambling for tickets last minute so we can be sat together, no ham salad cobs in the Railway, no debating the team sheet whilst 4 pints deep and no hurrying up to the ground desperate to get in before the players leave the tunnel.

I will miss all the above today and hope that no future generation misses the same ever again.

I will also not feel sorry for Old Ram Stag As I jump around his garden when the second goal goes in this afternoon.

COYS!!!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:48 am

Feeling hopeful but nervous & slightly weirded out :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:55 am

Just apprehensive And wondering who will score the goals. Hope it is not Otis Khan .
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:05 am

Martin, as you have more access to the players and staff every pre-season how would you compare the mood within the playing side of the club to previous seasons?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:21 am

yorkshire stag wrote:woke up first game of the season, home game, it’s just so weird not getting that buzz int it ?

just hope this I Follow thing works, sat watching the first game at home will be so flat, wanna be sat with Spiro & Owd Stag int Spoons over breakfast discussing the pre season activity, score predictions etc, half time chit chat & arrangements for the away game.

I was going to say you could recreate the breakfast discussion with a video chat on whatsapp but I don't thing it's available on t'Wii for Spiro. :lol:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:29 am

Tried to find some Chicken Balti pies to make the home experience a bit more familiar, had to settle for beef and onion. Still, mine won't have been in the oven since the last home game :lol:

Just got to make the best of it at the moment. I do fear that football will lose fans who don't really go to the football, for the football, if that makes sense.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:06 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Martin, as you have more access to the players and staff every pre-season how would you compare the mood within the playing side of the club to previous seasons?

no access to the players this pre-season, they are pretty much in a bubble. So I don't know.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:15 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:woke up first game of the season, home game, it’s just so weird not getting that buzz int it ?

I was going to say you could recreate the breakfast discussion with a video chat on whatsapp but I don't thing it's available on t'Wii for Spiro. :lol:

:lol: thinking maybe a quick game of Mario Kart to cheer him up maybe
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 am

Last seasons opening day fixture just about prepared me for today. Because of our play off failure we'd clearly spent all summer licking our wounds and you could sense it in the atmosphere. Pre game there was no buzz around, which showed and obviously lasted all season, this season there no nothing. I want to be excited but for what? To go switch on the TV and what looks like a pre season friendly? Is this what it's like to be a fan of a prem club you never go and watch?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:17 pm

Well i aint lost the feeling after 10 years living in spain ,and watching on ifollow its either in you or it aint
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Tried to find some Chicken Balti pies to make the home experience a bit more familiar, had to settle for beef and onion. Still, mine won't have been in the oven since the last home game :lol:

Just got to make the best of it at the moment. I do fear that football will lose fans who don't really go to the football, for the football, if that makes sense.

I agree. A fair few go to enjoy the day out and the football is secondary to that. They'll either stop going out and find other things to do on a Saturday or realise that they don't need the football to enjoy the day. Either way we might lose a few hundred off the gate
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:04 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Tried to find some Chicken Balti pies to make the home experience a bit more familiar, had to settle for beef and onion. Still, mine won't have been in the oven since the last home game :lol:

I agree. A fair few go to enjoy the day out and the football is secondary to that. They'll either stop going out and find other things to do on a Saturday or realise that they don't need the football to enjoy the day. Either way we might lose a few hundred off the gate

That's how I see it, a good day out that has often ruined by the football. Two regulars I attended with have called it a day. Both said its fell down the list of things they want to do.
I told them both that they'll come running back if we win 3 in a row. :lol:
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum