{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coughlan and Ollie Clarke press conference, Thu 10 Sep

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Coughlan and Ollie Clarke press conference, Thu 10 Sep

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:19 pm

This season, I just want to see a solid team execute a simple game plan.

I want structure and organisation.

I don't want players overloaded with instructions. I want basic jobs done right.

I want to see us learn our lessons. I don't want to see repeated failure to defend a corner.

I want to see us be tenacious and dogged. I want us to at least try.

But above all I want us to win.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Good Luck G C and the lads. Let’s get amongst them !
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:52 pm

Ollie has got to be careful with his back chat to referee's or he's going to be suspended for key games. On Tuesday night he was chelping at the referee and he kept telling him to go away and be quiet but he carried on then started on the lino too so the ref booked him. Cheap bookings is something we don't need that's for sure.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:57 pm

Dan wrote:Ollie has got to be careful with his back chat to referee's or he's going to be suspended for key games. On Tuesday night he was chelping at the referee and he kept telling him to go away and be quiet but he carried on then started on the lino too so the ref booked him. Cheap bookings is something we don't need that's for sure.

And Martin and Dean never mentioned the booking on the commentary.

Makes you wonder if they were too busy looking at the video replays now they have all this new technology. :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I really like this manager so hopefully we do well. He’s honest, and takes no crap. I feel more positive than I have since Evans came in.
Yes, SE!
That ended well.

Not the ending, you are fairly intelligent, so you know what I meant AA.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Thur 10 Sept 2020

Graham Coughlan told iFollow Stags:

“We’ve brought a strength and conditioning coach in (David Waldie), I’m big on that. It will help not only with the first team and the under-21s, but the under-18s as well, so it filters right through. I'm trying to link the whole football club, to get everyone on the same hymn sheet.

“David Waldie has come in with a military background and a strength and conditioning background.

“Anyone carrying any extra pounds, they’re in the right place with David. A massive part of strength and conditioning is injury prevention, so David will lead that.

“We’re trying to bring the football together and build. We’ve made massive strides off the pitch, so now it’s over to the players to make massive strides on the pitch.”

"I'm trying to get Jamie McGuire on board as well, trying to finalise that with him, as first team coach. Just so there's a pathway even from a coach's perspective at the football club, from 18s, 21s and into the seniors. So we're trying to pull the football club together, trying to build."

-------------------
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:17 am

I am pleased McGuire will be involved with the first team as the man bleeds amber and blue. A great motivator
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum