{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Graham Coughlan Man City post match & game highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Graham Coughlan Man City post match & game highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:00 am

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Graham Coughlan Man City post match & game highlights

Postby Spiritater » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:22 am

Oh dear Stech megged on his near post :oops:
Conrad would've had a thread 10 pages long if t'were him.

The defence look like bunch of old women.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:32 am

Spiritater wrote:Oh dear Stech megged on his near post :oops:
Conrad would've had a thread 10 pages long if t'were him.

The defence look like bunch of old women.

It didn’t go through his legs.

He made three very good saves to keep the score down. You could question his decision making on the last goal but he was left in the lurch by Benning.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:48 am

To say we are supposed to be a pressing side, O’Driscoll gave their lad a lot of room to set up the first goal.

Hard to judge from those very brief highlights but it didn’t look like City scored through tight neat passing and all three goals looked very league 2 standard to me.

I don’t think we have seen the first choice team yet and should maybe judge after a few games of watching that side. I know there were a lot of players I would expect to regularly start in that side but a team is the sum of all of it’s parts and shouldn’t be judged until they are all in place.

We do need a good alternative to Mal Benning through the door quickly as it appears he needs a new challenge.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 am

Any idea when the ‘Conrad would have been slaughtered’ comments will fade every time somebody in net makes a mistake? Or will we dwell on it for eternity.

Also - would Conrad get slaughtered for a mistake for one of his first ever competitive games for Mansfield in the EFL Trophy?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:53 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:To say we are supposed to be a pressing side, O’Driscoll gave their lad a lot of room to set up the first goal.

Hard to judge from those very brief highlights but it didn’t look like City scored through tight neat passing and all three goals looked very league 2 standard to me.

I don’t think we have seen the first choice team yet and should maybe judge after a few games of watching that side. I know there were a lot of players I would expect to regularly start in that side but a team is the sum of all of it’s parts and shouldn’t be judged until they are all in place.

We do need a good alternative to Mal Benning through the door quickly as it appears he needs a new challenge.

I've mentioned Danny Preston on here a few times from Forest U23's who has always impressed me over the years of watching him. He's now gone to Grimsby and set Matt Green up to score on Saturday with a lovely run and cross so that's one boat we missed. There's a chap on trial at Notts County at the moment called Adam Chicksen who is a left back, he's too good for non league so maybe we should nip in and get him. He's got good experience: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Chicksen
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:25 am

The 2nd and 3rd goals. :lol:
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:57 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:The 2nd and 3rd goals. :lol:

:shock: OMG Howlers

let’s just hope they are out their system for Saturday
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:51 pm

I remember some similar howlers in the PSF games last season and us saying the same about them getting it out of their system now!
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:43 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:I remember some similar howlers in the PSF games last season and us saying the same about them getting it out of their system now!

Last season was an established defence,this season it a new one ,they will be fine
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:41 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:I remember some similar howlers in the PSF games last season and us saying the same about them getting it out of their system now!

Last season was an established defence,this season it a new one ,they will be fine
Thinking about that, has the chief" been snapped up. If not, lets get him back.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:16 pm

I think Pearce may be reaping what he sowed last season if the rumours were true.

Several sources close to the club told me he was the driving force undermining Dempster and similar rumours were rife on this forum.

Football is a tight knit community and stories get around quite quickly. I’m sure that if I were looking for new players, I wouldn’t be signing anyone with that type of reputation as ships can soon be rocked. It could be a logical reason why he isn’t fixed up with a new club yet. Time will tell.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I think Pearce may be reaping what he sowed last season if the rumours were true.

Several sources close to the club told me he was the driving force undermining Dempster and similar rumours were rife on this forum.

Football is a tight knit community and stories get around quite quickly. I’m sure that if I were looking for new players, I wouldn’t be signing anyone with that type of reputation as ships can soon be rocked. It could be a logical reason why he isn’t fixed up with a new club yet. Time will tell.

Pearce will get a good club, and I’m pretty sure he’s had offers.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:09 am

Conker wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I think Pearce may be reaping what he sowed last season if the rumours were true.

Pearce will get a good club, and I’m pretty sure he’s had offers.

Don’t think so!! He will end up in non-league around the Birmingham area, possibly Kidderminster.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum