{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets on sale 2020/21 (*now on general sale*)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 (*now on general sale*)

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:36 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Brilliant. I like this guy. He will be a real asset to the club. Well done to all involved.

Made me think I should be renewing my pride towards the club.

Forget your Jamie Reids and Nicky Maynards.... David Sharpe probably the signing of the season :lol:

He will set a standard which he will expect everybody else to work too which is what we have probably missed since John and Carolyn moved abroad.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:42 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Brilliant. I like this guy. He will be a real asset to the club. Well done to all involved.

Made me think I should be renewing my pride towards the club.

Forget your Jamie Reids and Nicky Maynards.... David Sharpe probably the signing of the season :lol:

He will set a standard which he will expect everybody else to work too which is what we have probably missed since John and Carolyn moved abroad.

Agree. The total lack of respect and professionalism at the club last season was a joke. The Tomlinson saga is a continuation of that but at least the management have addressed it this time. Changing the culture of an organisation is a slow process without replacing the staff who have a bad attitude but the right people at the top in leadership roles will change that. Sad it even got to the levels it got to but we're in the right direction now.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:33 pm

It reminds me of when we were at school and our regular teacher was off sick. You'd get a relief teacher come in and no one would respect them, basically cause loads of trouble and not give a raspberries. But now the proper teacher is back and won't take any of that crap so you know that things will improve!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Dan wrote:It reminds me of when we were at school and our regular teacher was off sick. You'd get a relief teacher come in and no one would respect them, basically cause loads of trouble and not give a raspberries. But now the proper teacher is back and won't take any of that crap so you know that things will improve!

:clap:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:57 am

MOTG wrote:Collected my Season Ticket this afternoon.I haven’t aged a bit with the look on the photo. :lol:

Also collected mine and can’t wait to get back...couldn’t get seat I’ve had for years in IGU but looking forward to temporary seat in North Stand and making new acquaintances as I have no idea who will be sat near... :coys:
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:27 am

West Ham 1969 wrote:
MOTG wrote:Collected my Season Ticket this afternoon.I haven’t aged a bit with the look on the photo. :lol:

Also collected mine and can’t wait to get back...couldn’t get seat I’ve had for years in IGU but looking forward to temporary seat in North Stand and making new acquaintances as I have no idea who will be sat near... :coys:

Lucky you being back in the North Stand.
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:11 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:26 am

300 told to self-isolate after coronavirus outbreak at charity football match

Up to 300 people who attended a charity football match have been asked to self-isolate for a fortnight after 28 people who attended the event tested positive for Covid-19.

The match was held at Burnside Working Men’s Club, in Fencehouses, County Durham on August 30.

The location is close to the border with Wearside, so Durham County Council has been working with counterparts at Sunderland City Council, as well as Public Health England, to manage the response.

Contact tracing will be carried out for anyone deemed to have been close to someone who tested positive at the bank holiday weekend gathering, but anyone else who was at the charity game has been asked to self-isolate until midnight on September 13.

Gillian Gibson, Sunderland’s director of public health, said: “It’s really important that everyone acts responsibly and follows the public health guidance when outside of the home if we are to keep our community safe.”
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:50 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:300 told to self-isolate after coronavirus outbreak at charity football match

Up to 300 people who attended a charity football match have been asked to self-isolate for a fortnight after 28 people who attended the event tested positive for Covid-19.

The match was held at Burnside Working Men’s Club, in Fencehouses, County Durham on August 30.

The location is close to the border with Wearside, so Durham County Council has been working with counterparts at Sunderland City Council, as well as Public Health England, to manage the response.

Contact tracing will be carried out for anyone deemed to have been close to someone who tested positive at the bank holiday weekend gathering, but anyone else who was at the charity game has been asked to self-isolate until midnight on September 13.

Gillian Gibson, Sunderland’s director of public health, said: “It’s really important that everyone acts responsibly and follows the public health guidance when outside of the home if we are to keep our community safe.”

Total over reaction by the authorities. That sort of over the top block response will put people off going to any event if they're possibly going to be quarantined just for being there in the open air. They didn't quarantine from any of the other mass events at beaches, protests, etc
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:07 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:300 told to self-isolate after coronavirus outbreak at charity football match

Total over reaction by the authorities. That sort of over the top block response will put people off going to any event if they're possibly going to be quarantined just for being there in the open air. They didn't quarantine from any of the other mass events at beaches, protests, etc

Seriously ? 10% of the people at the event have tested positive and you don't think it is a cause for concern ?
You don't think there is a possibility that another 10-20 people have also contracted the virus and if they don't self isolate they will then be spreading it around their family, friends, work colleagues, local pubs, etc. ?
If the authorities don't react quickly to small outbreaks like this they soon turn into bigger spikes and end up locking down a whole town or district.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:25 am

The way things are heading no way will there be any spectators at the Mill before 2021... Buying a season ticket is pretty pointless in this climate, i'm surprised we've sold as many as we have to be honest.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby James » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:49 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:The way things are heading no way will there be any spectators at the Mill before 2021... Buying a season ticket is pretty pointless in this climate, i'm surprised we've sold as many as we have to be honest.

Its not pointless if you want to financially support the club if you can afford to do so.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:56 am

James wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:The way things are heading no way will there be any spectators at the Mill before 2021... Buying a season ticket is pretty pointless in this climate, i'm surprised we've sold as many as we have to be honest.

Its not pointless if you want to financially support the club if you can afford to do so.

Buy 46 iFollow passes and a couple of shirts.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:20 pm

James wrote:

Already brought a new away shirt for me and the boy & will be watching on ifollow...so still supporting the club, was just commenting that to me getting a season ticket seems pointless
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum