{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League 2 Predictions

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: League 2 Predictions

Postby young vanish » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:36 pm

Season prospects as per the WSC magazine;

and predicted final table;

young vanish
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:42 pm

NTT20 have us in 9th. They had to meet in the middle as Ali was keen but George wasn’t having it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:08 pm

I think that table is underestimating the two newly promoted teams. I think Barrow could sneak into the playoffs and Harrogate will finish just in the bottom half. Oldham and either Stevenage or Grimsby for the drop for me. Walsall and Colchester to do better than predicted above and probably playoff material.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Could Derek Adams use his dark arts to get Morecambe into the top half for the first time since 2014-2015? They have some reasonable players although most are past their prime. Kelvin Mellor, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Harry Davis, Jordan Slew, Toumani Diagouraga, Cole Stockton, John O'Sullivan, A-Jay Leitch-Smith, Ben Pringle, Liam McAlinden etc. Adam Phillips is a good young player on loan from Burnley. They are 7/2 for a top half finish.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I think that table is underestimating the two newly promoted teams. I think Barrow could sneak into the playoffs and Harrogate will finish just in the bottom half. Oldham and either Stevenage or Grimsby for the drop for me. Walsall and Colchester to do better than predicted above and probably playoff material.

Cannot see Grimsby struggling at all simply because of the Holloway factor. He'll have them pushing for playoffs at least.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:28 pm

What’s the Holloway factor?

Walsall are being underestimated for me, recruited well, have a strong squad and a decent manager. It’s a big turnaround but I expect them in the play-offs.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:37 pm

I think Oldham will do better than most predict
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Southend for the drop for me. Also think Walsall will do well, and Port Vale and Cheltenham. Can’t see the logic behind Tranmere being so popular. Agree think Oldham will be ok (off the field issues aside)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:15 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum