{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season restart dates :

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season restart dates :

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:17 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:How can the EFL possibly justify relegating a team into a financial nightmare with no income until October?

there aren't going to be crowds in the EFL until October either.

No but the EFL have said they will put a package together to support clubs and there will be income from ifollow. Will the national league do the same? and will there be paid for television live coverage?

The National League is covered live on TV (BT Sport). Anyway, as I've said before, I think it's inconceivable now that promotion and relegation between League Two and the National League will be cancelled.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:32 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:How can the EFL possibly justify relegating a team into a financial nightmare with no income until October?

No but the EFL have said they will put a package together to support clubs and there will be income from ifollow. Will the national league do the same? and will there be paid for television live coverage?

The National League is covered live on TV (BT Sport). Anyway, as I've said before, I think it's inconceivable now that promotion and relegation between League Two and the National League will be cancelled.

It may not be cancelled Martin but my question was is it fair?

Obviously BT doesn't cover all games live and you can't subscribe to watch your team every week with the club getting money like on ifollow. Effectively the national league will not have an income stream comparable to that of the EFL and it is not beyond the bounds of probability that any relegated club will go out of business or at least into administration. If it's Macclesfield then I think we can almost certainly say goodbye to the club. I accept they are Quaky ground even in the league but at least they will have a chance of survival.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:47 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

It may not be cancelled Martin but my question was is it fair?

Obviously BT doesn't cover all games live and you can't subscribe to watch your team every week with the club getting money like on ifollow. Effectively the national league will not have an income stream comparable to that of the EFL and it is not beyond the bounds of probability that any relegated club will go out of business or at least into administration. If it's Macclesfield then I think we can almost certainly say goodbye to the club. I accept they are Quaky ground even in the league but at least they will have a chance of survival.

Surely you know before the start of last season they know the consequences if you get relegated to the pit of misery, your income is severely cut and you become forgotten, it's why no club wants to end up there.

They were raspberry all season and thoroughly deserved to go down, stop being a do gooding namby pamby.

Did they worry about our income when we went down?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:08 pm

That's a totally different scenario. Clubs haven't had an income since their last home game in March and in the case of National League Premiere Division won't have any until at least the 2nd week in October and even then they will be severely restricted to crowd numbers. The press release says the FA cup games will be played first and they don't involve the Premier division.

The relegated club will have missed the opportunity of gaining points in the 9 abandoned games and may not have been in the relegation position had the season run its course. Presumably they will get the parachute payments but that may not be enough to save them.

I very much doubt we would have the same attitude if it was our club.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:That's a totally different scenario. Clubs haven't had an income since their last home game in March and in the case of National League Premiere Division won't have any until at least the 2nd week in October and even then they will be severely restricted to crowd numbers. The press release says the FA cup games will be played first and they don't involve the Premier division.

The relegated club will have missed the opportunity of gaining points in the 9 abandoned games and may not have been in the relegation position had the season run its course. Presumably they will get the parachute payments but that may not be enough to save them.

Of course we wouldn't but unfortunately it's dog eat dog nowadays.

So if we were in Stevenages position do you think someone on their message board would be saying, poor Mansfield its not fair??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:04 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:That's a totally different scenario. Clubs haven't had an income since their last home game in March and in the case of National League Premiere Division won't have any until at least the 2nd week in October and even then they will be severely restricted to crowd numbers. The press release says the FA cup games will be played first and they don't involve the Premier division.

Of course we wouldn't but unfortunately it's dog eat dog nowadays.

So if we were in Stevenages position do you think someone on their message board would be saying, poor Mansfield its not fair??

I suppose that depends on what type of person you are and your moral compass.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:47 am

What date are the fixtures out ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:39 am

Anyone know how many season tickets we sold last season?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:49 am

lifestags wrote:Anyone know how many season tickets we sold last season?

MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:56 am

Anyone have the foggiest what percentage of capacity the EFL or government are talking about. I’ve heard anything between 30-50%.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:07 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Anyone have the foggiest what percentage of capacity the EFL or government are talking about. I’ve heard anything between 30-50%.

Tippy put something on here from Grimsby chairman think it was 17 %
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:20 am

lifestags wrote:Anyone know how many season tickets we sold last season?

It's always on the Stagsnet homepage
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bros » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:15 pm

One problem for some clubs is that they have terracing and not much seating eg FGR, Crawley, Barrow (only 1000 seats). I assume the terracing will be oob as it will be impossible to supervise social distancing. Not a problem for us of course but could put other clubs under extra financial pressure.
What concerns me is how the club will deal with the situation at the end of the game. There is usually a crush in the tunnels in the IGS and down the steps in the QLE. It could take 20 minutes to exit. Is everyone going to be polite or will there be idiots pushing and jostling to get out quickly
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:13 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:I don't think 90% of lower league clubs could sustain running a club with just season ticket sales only.. Would make more sense to limit capacity and make every game all ticket/no pay on the day.
Hopefully they'll also lift the ban on ifollow Saturday games being streamed in the UK.

So they did :?: You choose not to follow what you preach :?:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum