{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mansfield Town - Transfer Fees Received

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mansfield Town - Transfer Fees Received

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:33 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:So using inflation Calderwood would be worth £2M today. Wow

£1.35 million according to the Bank of England Inflation Calculator.

Simon Coleman's inflation adjusted transfer fee comes out as £1.5 million.

I probably put the wrong year in which he was sold. Either way it just shows that they were decent fees. What a player Coleman was by the way!

He's a PE Teacher at my sons school in Clipstone now.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:16 am

Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:So using inflation Calderwood would be worth £2M today. Wow

I probably put the wrong year in which he was sold. Either way it just shows that they were decent fees. What a player Coleman was by the way!

And can be still seen at The Mill quite regularly although those blonde flowing locks have gone lol.
He's usually in The Sandy Pate after the match and is quite approachable for a chat about all things Stags
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:29 am

Peter Morris went for very little money to Ipswich then to Norwich both in the old first division I believe.He was an outstanding player.He scored 14 penalties I think in one season.What would he be worth today.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:49 am

Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

It's not in Clipstone. ;)
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Apologies to Kevin Kent for under recording his transfer fee at £80,000. I can't remember where I took that figure from. Jack Retter and Paul Taylor's History of Mansfield Town says he was sold to Port Vale for £110,000 but I have double checked this against the Chad articles and programmes and there is an article in the programme for the Stoke City game from March 1991 which states the club had rejected a £100,000 offer for Kevin from Reading who were managed by Ian Porterfield. There is then a later article in the Chad which states that Reading had offered £150,000 but the Stags had sold him instead to Port Vale for a substantial fee plus Gary Ford. I'll record his transfer as £150,000 (£110,000 + Gary Ford).

Gary Ford turned out to be a key player for the Stags and helped us win promotion back to Division 3 the following season. It also moves Kevin higher up the list.

A £150,000 transfer fee in 1991 would now be £325,000 according to the Bank of England Inflation Calculator.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:58 am

Darragh MacAnthony answering a question on his podcast said that Peterborough paid £150,000 compensation for Steve Evans
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:32 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Darragh MacAnthony answering a question on his podcast said that Peterborough paid £150,000 compensation for Steve Evans

Pretty sure he skimmed £100,000 off my question :)
Conker
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum