{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pre season training

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Pre season training

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:12 pm

Dan wrote:There’s your problem. We’ve already seen many examples of complete lack of intelligence in supermarkets and at Leeds & Liverpool.

I wonder how many of us would have celebrated in similar fashion if the Stags got promoted into the premier league? I’d say a lot. Such a massive occasion. Whether anyone agrees or not, it was going to happen.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:20 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Dan wrote:There’s your problem. We’ve already seen many examples of complete lack of intelligence in supermarkets and at Leeds & Liverpool.

I wonder how many of us would have celebrated in similar fashion if the Stags got promoted into the premier league? I’d say a lot. Such a massive occasion. Whether anyone agrees or not, it was going to happen.

Its actually been proven large outdoor crowds are less likely to spread covid.... its why there was zero spike in cases after the protests or people on beaches.

Stadiums hopefully are outdoor enough to have less of an affect
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:34 am

Sedgwick wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Its actually been proven large outdoor crowds are less likely to spread covid.... its why there was zero spike in cases after the protests or people on beaches.

Shhhhh Sedge you'll get burned at the stake for telling the unpalatable truth about zero spikes following all those events that were going to bring society and the NHS crashing down.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:09 am

Sedgwick wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Yet the government is being hanged by allowing the Cheltenham Festival. I honestly don’t know the truth of the effect of crowds but you can’t have it both ways

Just saying
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:00 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Yet the government is being hanged by allowing the Cheltenham Festival. I honestly don’t know the truth of the effect of crowds but you can’t have it both ways

Just saying

I suspect the difference between 10k at a protest or on a beach is that over half a million were in Cheltenham for the races from all over the country and Europe. I lived there 4 years, the amount of people that come and stay in town and just sit in the pubs all day without attending the actual races is staggering.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:20 am

Actually Stateside scientists have proven stadium crowds are at Level 9, the worst place to catch SARS-CoV2. Cheltenham was a disaster and many families lost loved ones directly after going to that race meet.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:31 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Actually Stateside scientists have proven stadium crowds are at Level 9, the worst place to catch SARS-CoV2. Cheltenham was a disaster and many families lost loved ones directly after going to that race meet.

Also Liverpool v Athletico ? It was rampant in Liverpool.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:28 pm

Cooke was there, which is good news.

He's got a decision to make. Either not try, take his wages and get released into obscurity when he leaves.

Or,

Get fit, adapt his game, climb the manager's pecking order and become our No.1.

He's good enough, it's his choice.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:41 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Cooke was there, which is good news.

He's got a decision to make. Either not try, take his wages and get released into obscurity when he leaves.

Or,

Get fit, adapt his game, climb the manager's pecking order and become our No.1.

He's good enough, it's his choice.

I don't think at 63 years of age Robbie is going to be able to run never mind adapt his game.

Hes quite happy with obscurity when i spoke to him last
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:02 pm

:) Thought we might have some more videos on how we are doing in pre-season training :)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum