{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Away Shirt. Please

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Away Shirt. Please

Postby Kernow » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:44 pm

Any news or rumours on colour or dates.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Re: Away Shirt. Please

Postby Stoney » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:40 pm

I'd take that one. It's only a concept kit though not a real or leaked version.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm

Absolutely wipe the floor with the crap surridge ones we've had
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Absolutely wipe the floor with the crap surridge ones we've had

The current black away shirt is a great shirt.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Kernow » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:27 am

Can't agree hate the black shirt. Terrible to play in under lights. Prefer our third kit.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:52 am

Hon Sec wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Absolutely wipe the floor with the crap surridge ones we've had

The current black away shirt is a great shirt.

It's not bad, I wouldn't call it great though. Our kits by surridge look part time to me, or like a college/uni kit. Wish we could get a big name sponsor and a nice neat kit.

Are we due a new home kit for next season, or is it a new away?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:25 am

Away.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:36 am

Cheers us up, release the new away kit. Give us hope of a restart. Lol
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:09 am

I really liked the green shirt from the playoff season.

It might be my age but I always think of green being part of our away shirts.

My all time favourite is the green and purple from the mid 90's - possibly more to do with nostalgia than design though
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:05 am

Sick of having Surridge make our kits. This will be our 8th straight season with them now. Rubbish quality and the designs are very hit and miss. You’d think that Carolyn would want a proper kit supplier to make our kits considering how into fashion she is :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 am

I would like to see a return of the traditional red away shirts worn in 70s & 80s
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 am

Love the away shirt above. Best one I’ve seen for ages.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am

I brought up the fact that surridge kits are crap with someone at the club, and pointed out that they get rejected from most pro football clubs and cater for university teams and am cricket clubs because they are mostly cheap tat.... basically we have been stuck with them as we got a very cheap kit deal when we returned to the league.

I believe we have one more year with them. I don't think all the designs have been that terrible, some are nice and as far away from generic nike kit you can get but that quality is so poor.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:54 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:Sick of having Surridge make our kits. This will be our 8th straight season with them now. Rubbish quality and the designs are very hit and miss. You’d think that Carolyn would want a proper kit supplier to make our kits considering how into fashion she is :lol:

we were close to having Umbro. Ive seen a mockup that resembled the 1979-1980 kit with the Umbro logo down the sleeves.

Interestinlgy they have supplied kits to more English teams than any other, Would love them again.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Kernow wrote:Can't agree hate the black shirt. Terrible to play in under lights. Prefer our third kit.

Agree, absolutely.

Personally, I’d like the special edition (third) kit be used as the alternative to amber and blue.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:16 pm

One of the main gripes relating to the sale of a new shirt, whether home or away, season after season is the release date.

Admittedly there are reasons for delaying the release this season (no known season start date, staff being furloughed, Chinese National flu etc.) but surely as there are provisional dates for returns to training, season restart dates, players being signed etc., a provisional release date must be known.

Schools break up this week and with what little normality that exists for holidays some Stags Fans wish to wear their new shirts. (For those that don't agree with grown men wearing replica kits this post is about the release date and not a personal view of sartorial elegance).
Yet again, and I know manufacturing the shirt may have had obstacles to overcome (Furlough, lockdown, Chinese Bat Flu (unless they are made in a sweatshop in Leicester by BooHoo)) but I don’t think that lessons have been learnt.

Can we just once have a summer where kids and adults, whether by the pool, walking in the Lake District, in a bar in Thailand or just sat in a socially distanced beer garden are wearing the latest Stags shirt all summer???
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:Sick of having Surridge make our kits. This will be our 8th straight season with them now. Rubbish quality and the designs are very hit and miss. You’d think that Carolyn would want a proper kit supplier to make our kits considering how into fashion she is :lol:

we were close to having Umbro. Ive seen a mockup that resembled the 1979-1980 kit with the Umbro logo down the sleeves.

Interestinlgy they have supplied kits to more English teams than any other, Would love them again.

I agree, Umbro would be good. Hummel would be good too - they currently supply both Cambridge and Coventry and their kits look fantastic.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:26 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:One of the main gripes relating to the sale of a new shirt, whether home or away, season after season is the release date.

Admittedly there are reasons for delaying the release this season (no known season start date, staff being furloughed, Chinese National flu etc.) but surely as there are provisional dates for returns to training, season restart dates, players being signed etc., a provisional release date must be known.

Schools break up this week and with what little normality that exists for holidays some Stags Fans wish to wear their new shirts. (For those that don't agree with grown men wearing replica kits this post is about the release date and not a personal view of sartorial elegance).
Yet again, and I know manufacturing the shirt may have had obstacles to overcome (Furlough, lockdown, Chinese Bat Flu (unless they are made in a sweatshop in Leicester by BooHoo)) but I don’t think that lessons have been learnt.

Can we just once have a summer where kids and adults, whether by the pool, walking in the Lake District, in a bar in Thailand or just sat in a socially distanced beer garden are wearing the latest Stags shirt all summer???

This.

Any new deal should have a clause in it that the new kit for that year, home or away, should be available for the first team to wear at the last appropriate fixture, and should be available for fans to buy when the players return to training, normally around 1st July.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Club say they hope to provide an update late next week.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:26 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Club say they hope to provide an update late next week.

Where have you heard this?
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:28 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Club say they hope to provide an update late next week.

Where have you heard this?

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:52 pm

As this great nation of ours is steaming towards sticking two fingers up to the red tape of Europe I propose the following legislation to aid all football clubs and level the playing field.
1 - Replica shirts can only be bought from the a club shop. This will stop a town, be it Mansfield, Southend, Barrow or Barnsley, being full of sports shops that flog Man Utd shirts etc. Internet and postal orders are acceptable.
2 - Replica shirts can only be worn at the following times; at any time if within the same town / county of the said club.
3 - All day, at away venues of the club that you support or home venues if you are a genuine out of town fan.

This will help generate and reinforce local identities, will build local crowd bases, stop plastic scousers strolling round Forest Town Asda wearing Liverpool shirts (witnessed this evening), remove revenue from the big 6 and stop pubs being full of plastic Mancs, Scousers, Cockneys etc on Sunday afternoons watching Sky when they couldn’t find their way to their home identikit stadium.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:33 am

With our history of releasing shirts, it has to be 2 months into a season. So we can't get a fixed date until the season restart date is confirmed ;)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 am

Rovers need kit is nice.

Agree with previous comments about our suppliers. Would love to have a quality supplier.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:59 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum