{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Maynard

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Maynard

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Goalkeepers save these chances folks!!! That’s why teams have them. Kane probably misses more than half the chances he has due to the goalkeeper being between the sticks. Good grief it’s not hard to grasp. Did he miss the chances or did the keeper save them? By missing I mean actually missing the target. If he scored all of them, it would be with a premier league team and we wouldn’t be discussing it.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:31 pm

Plymouth not interested in him apparently.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:37 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Goalkeepers save these chances folks!!! That’s why teams have them. Kane probably misses more than half the chances he has due to the goalkeeper being between the sticks. Good grief it’s not hard to grasp. Did he miss the chances or did the keeper save them? By missing I mean actually missing the target. If he scored all of them, it would be with a premier league team and we wouldn’t be discussing it.

He wants to be thankfull we dont employ a certain mr keane
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:57 pm

spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Goalkeepers save these chances folks!!! That’s why teams have them. Kane probably misses more than half the chances he has due to the goalkeeper being between the sticks. Good grief it’s not hard to grasp. Did he miss the chances or did the keeper save them? By missing I mean actually missing the target. If he scored all of them, it would be with a premier league team and we wouldn’t be discussing it.

He wants to be thankfull we dont employ a certain mr keane

What a clown he can be :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:05 pm

Bit of a silly debate this

The reason we were at the other end of the table is we couldn’t defend

Would love Nicky to stay
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:14 pm

yorkstag wrote:Bit of a silly debate this

Would love Nicky to stay

Me too.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:21 pm

oldweststander wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Bit of a silly debate this

Would love Nicky to stay

Me too.

I would think most people right in the head would want Maynard to stay
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:49 am

If i was Maynard, I would be waiting to see who else we sign, before putting pen to paper.

Why would he sign for a team, that currently doesn't have a good goalkeeper, solid defence or a midfield that can supply the right type of ball for him.
\
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 am

Yet another goalscorer we failed to support. We seen turn good players average. People score everywhere but here. Billy Kee for example, good luck Nicky.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:32 am

Kernow wrote:Yet another goalscorer we failed to support. We seen turn good players average. People score everywhere but here. Billy Kee for example, good luck Nicky.

Billy Kee is not s good example, he had demons totally unrelated to football, vest of luck to Billy who is still suffering.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:04 am

I know that but he still scored loads after he left here.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 am

Kernow wrote:Yet another goalscorer we failed to support. We seen turn good players average. People score everywhere but here. Billy Kee for example, good luck Nicky.

We’re pretty hit & miss on strikers in my opinion but I suppose that’s quite normal at this level.The main strikers we have brought in over the last few years haven’t done a bad job really, but the supporting cast haven’t been good enough.

17/18 - Kane Hemmings scores 15 in 37 games. He had a rough start and took him 10 games to score, so got those 15 from 27 games once he got going.

18/19 - Tyler Walker, 22 goals in 44 League 2 games. Very good record.

19/20 - Nicky Maynard, 14 goals from 33 games (29 starts). Would have either hit or been very close to the coveted ‘20 goal mark’ if the season had been played out even though we’ve been awful. Not sure he’s scored any penalties either but could be wrong.

We need to bring in a ‘main striker’ that can get a similar haul to those above, and hope that we can get more out of Reid, Bowery, & Rose this year than we have out of the likes of Davies, Cook, Miller, Ajose in recent years who have all fell short for one reason or another. In fairness though, there’s not many league 2 clubs who get 2 strikers firing in one season as much as we’d like it. We need to start scoring goals from all over if we want to be successful - that’s the key.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:36 am

geoffhill wrote:Plymouth not interested in him apparently.

Or Crewe for that matter.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:38 am

i think the money expectations from some players will need to lowered at our level before we see much movement
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Hope Jimmy Knowles gets a chance this season.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:38 pm

The main problem has always been a lack of goals and creativity from midfield and until it changes it doesn’t matter who’s up front imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:03 pm

oldweststander wrote:

Billy Kee is not s good example, he had demons totally unrelated to football, vest of luck to Billy who is still suffering.

I reached out to him a number of months ago because I suffer with anxiety and he was really nice and chatted about his own circumstances. Once football was off the table for him he seemed to be doing better. Would love to catch up with him again, wish him all the best
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:04 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:The main problem has always been a lack of goals and creativity from midfield and until it changes it doesn’t matter who’s up front imo.

Its been a long time since ive seen a midfielder look like scoring when they have the ball on the edge of the box, the last lot were terrified to shoot.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:05 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:The main problem has always been a lack of goals and creativity from midfield and until it changes it doesn’t matter who’s up front imo.

Our problem wasn't really attack under Dempster, we had Maynard, Cook and Rose to chip in with the goals. It was our dreadful defence that let us down.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:14 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Our problem wasn't really attack under Dempster, we had Maynard, Cook and Rose to chip in with the goals. It was our dreadful defence that let us down.
Not forgetting our midfield who had as much control as Trump has with the coronavirus.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:35 pm

oldweststander wrote:

There was a brilliant article with him the other week, he's really happy at the moment working as a builder, says he's happier now than when he played football as there's no expectation on him. Really good to hear.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:38 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Its been a long time since ive seen a midfielder look like scoring when they have the ball on the edge of the box, the last lot were terrified to shoot.

Whiteman was the last mate for me.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:00 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Whiteman was the last mate for me.

yes forgot about him, put the others to shame.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Playing in an half decent team Maynard will still score around 20 goals a season.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Dan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

There was a brilliant article with him the other week, he's really happy at the moment working as a builder, says he's happier now than when he played football as there's no expectation on him. Really good to hear.

Really pleased to hear that, will try and find the article.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum