{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Maynard

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Maynard

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:40 pm

Nicky who?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:11 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Kernow wrote:100% gone, inside info. Move on lol

Any idea why he only signed a one year deal upon signing for us last season?
Was it the player or clubs decision as this now seems very odd?
Most of our signings get two years, I would have thought a marquee signing would have been tied down for longer than one year?

I imagine he knew that if he scored a load of goals and demps was a flop the ball would be in his court and could move anywhere if he didn't love his time here.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Dan wrote:In typical Mansfield Town fashion he will move to another club and be the leagues top scorer next season you watch!

he was League Two's second top scorer this season just gone, so would hardly be a surprise!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:51 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Nicky who?

The disregard for proper goal scorers by many of our fans is the worst.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Nicky who?

The disregard for proper goal scorers by many of our fans is the worst.

Yep, have to agee, but it would all change if it was announced he was staying, that's football fans for you?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:01 pm

ST4GS wrote:

Most of our signings get two years, I would have thought a marquee signing would have been tied down for longer than one year?

I'd assume that the unknown variable of Dempster was a factor. We were tipped to be champions by the bookies so we were a attractive proposition to not only add a consecutive promotion, but also a potential title win to his accolades.

From the outside looking in we're on our 4th manager in 2 and half years. That can be a factor to certain players.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:16 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

I'd assume that the unknown variable of Dempster was a factor. We were tipped to be champions by the bookies so we were a attractive proposition to not only add a consecutive promotion, but also a potential title win to his accolades.

From the outside looking in we're on our 4th manager in 2 and half years. That can be a factor to certain players.

And fans.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Very strange. A certain Keith Cassells highest goal tally for the stags in a campaign was 16 in 46 league goals (not including cups) and yet he was idolised. Maynard had 13 in 23 league appearances 1 in 2 as apposed to 1 in 3 for Cass. This in a useless team last season. I don’t understand why people don’t rate him!!! I get why he wouldn’t be idolised like Cassells but come on, he’s a better goal scorer. Not a better team player maybe though!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:53 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Very strange. A certain Keith Cassells highest goal tally for the stags in a campaign was 16 in 46 league goals (not including cups) and yet he was idolised. Maynard had 13 in 23 league appearances 1 in 2 as apposed to 1 in 3 for Cass. This in a useless team last season. I don’t understand why people don’t rate him!!! I get why he wouldn’t be idolised like Cassells but come on, he’s a better goal scorer. Not a better team player maybe though!

Cass was class though, on and off the pitch. He was getting towards the end of a terrific career but left everything on the pitch, I am not sure you would put Maynard quite in that bracket, though I do think it is a shame we could not keep him.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Maynard is a class player. His goal scoring record speaks for itself. He will be difficult to replace.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Very strange. A certain Keith Cassells highest goal tally for the stags in a campaign was 16 in 46 league goals (not including cups) and yet he was idolised. Maynard had 13 in 23 league appearances 1 in 2 as apposed to 1 in 3 for Cass. This in a useless team last season. I don’t understand why people don’t rate him!!! I get why he wouldn’t be idolised like Cassells but come on, he’s a better goal scorer. Not a better team player maybe though!

Are you changing your username then? :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:16 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

“Cassellswashalfdecent” :lol:
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Rob wrote:

Cass was class though, on and off the pitch. He was getting towards the end of a terrific career but left everything on the pitch, I am not sure you would put Maynard quite in that bracket, though I do think it is a shame we could not keep him.

Maynard is raspberries in nets. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:29 am

BoughtonStag71 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

“Cassellswashalfdecent” :lol:

:lol:
No. Cassells was Magic !
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:41 am

from instagram

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:52 am

as most know Nicky has been doing his own fitness work in Manchester with plymouths fitness coach who also has been working with lots of other players as he works freelance over the summer so it doesn't mean he will go to Plymouth. However it would make some sense if he ended up there because of the manager but I think he will end up closer to his home.

Also believe we would have resigned him no problem but with the uncertainty around salary caps etc were likely to have offered him less than last year as his salary will be over our budget within that cap. Imagine no possible cap we would have offered him the same if not more and he'd be signed by now.

He was a good player for us last season but don't think he suits Mansfield at all.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 am

Glad thats sorted, he never looked happy here
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:31 am

Losing your top goal scorer is never a good thing let’s hope his replacement meets the fans expectations .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:39 am

Sadly it didn’t work out for him or us.

Decent guy and his goals were massively important to us last season.

Wish him all the best.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:59 am

The One wrote:Glad thats sorted, he never looked happy here
Non of them did last season!
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:13 am

adamstag wrote:Sadly it didn’t work out for him or us.

Decent guy and his goals were massively important to us last season.

Wish him all the best.

He was doing his bit pretty well, shame about the rest of the team! It was a shocking year for us but he was our player of the season for what it’s worth in my opinion.

Got to replace his goals with a proven source now. The strange circumstances may help us, there will be a lot of good players out there on big money but fewer clubs will be able to commit to those wages. We appear to be fortunate enough to be able to carry on investing so we’ve got to take advantage of it properly this time. Hopefully Sharpe can help with that.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:27 am

All the best Nicky.

Thanks for your efforts.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:42 am

Not done just yet, he’s put on insta that he was just keeping his fitness up and has had no formal offers from anyone!
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:43 am

lifestags wrote:Not done just yet, he’s put on insta that he was just keeping his fitness up and has had no formal offers from anyone!

Why would Carolyn wish him all the best then? Unless it’s a fake Carolyn account?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:44 am

Don’t think Carolyn could be clearer - won’t be here next year
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum