{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags Sign Jordan Bowery

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stags Sign Jordan Bowery

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Decent, looked good for crewe... replacement for Davies?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Re: Stags Sign Jordan Bowery

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:07 pm

From the bits I saw/heard of him at Chesterfield, he has all the frustrations of a striker to be our lots new boo boy :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:11 pm

Underwhelming. Poor goal record. Apparently works hard but a poor goalscorer. Even more underwhelming if we’ve had to pay a fee for him. But willing to give a chance as always. Casts even more doubt over further of Cook/Maynard IMO.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:13 pm

Give him a break - it was years ago he was at Chesterfield.

How about welcome Jordan show us what you can do.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:17 pm

yorkstag wrote:Give him a break - it was years ago he was at Chesterfield.

How about welcome Jordan show us what you can do.

What else were you expecting on here ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:17 pm

Very much a replacement for Davies in my eyes, I'd have been happy to keep Davies as a back-up option so I just see Bowery filling that position.

I always remember the question marks over Pearce when he signed from Conference side Torquay. From that lesson, I'll judge Bowery in a Stags shirt.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:18 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Underwhelming. Poor goal record. Apparently works hard but a poor goalscorer. Even more underwhelming if we’ve had to pay a fee for him. But willing to give a chance as always. Casts even more doubt over further of Cook/Maynard IMO.

I remember Chesterfield fans laughing at the fact they managed to flog him to Aston Villa and get so much money for him in the process.
He's a Nottingham lad so the location will be a big factor in him signing here.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:20 pm

57 goals in 358 appearances since 2008.

Joined MK last July and scored 2 in 22 appearances

Welcome to the club Jordan. Maybe signed as an out and out target man. Can't see that signing selling a lot of season tickets.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Already seen a LOT of fans from his former clubs all saying that he’s awful. Can just see him starting up top with Rose because they both run around a lot.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:27 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Underwhelming. Poor goal record. Apparently works hard but a poor goalscorer. Even more underwhelming if we’ve had to pay a fee for him. But willing to give a chance as always. Casts even more doubt over further of Cook/Maynard IMO.

You are what people call 'entitled'. Other clubs are scrambling around to try and keep financially afloat and we're making signings and you're moaning!!!

I've was impressed at this signing. He's played premier League football, played a lot of football in the league above, made over 100 appearances for Crewe, and joins from a team in L1.

You'd probably complain if we signed Giroud saying he doesn't score enough goals in the World Cup finals he played in.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:29 pm

He was fantastic for Crewe and there were a lot of clubs after him last summer, I think he will be a great signing for us, he suits GC style of play.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:29 pm

We'd have the sexiest strike force in L2 with Giroud and Rose
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:35 pm

He's like Chris Beardsley but runs around a bit more basically, because he hasn't got chocolate ankles like Beardo did.
Last edited by stagmanrob on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:36 pm

Guessing he’s going to be doing the Emile Heskey role with that goalscorong record

Welcome to the club lad.

On a positive note, those comparing him to Davies - he can’t be any worse, surely!!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:37 pm

All his goals for Crewe: https://youtu.be/W-z6YPRTMbQ
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:38 pm

88BenM wrote:Very much a replacement for Davies in my eyes, I'd have been happy to keep Davies as a back-up option so I just see Bowery filling that position.

I always remember the question marks over Pearce when he signed from Conference side Torquay. From that lesson, I'll judge Bowery in a Stags shirt.

Davies wasn't really a back up option seeing as he was injured for about his entire time at Mansfield.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:42 pm

He has pedigree ,i dont pretend to know his capabilities of late ,but we are one of the few clubs who are making signings in the lower leagues that is a good sign
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:51 pm

A real good solid signing.
Well done GC
Welcome Jordan..
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:56 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

You are what people call 'entitled'. Other clubs are scrambling around to try and keep financially afloat and we're making signings and you're moaning!!!

I've was impressed at this signing. He's played premier League football, played a lot of football in the league above, made over 100 appearances for Crewe, and joins from a team in L1.

You'd probably complain if we signed Giroud saying he doesn't score enough goals in the World Cup finals he played in.

Cheers. Let’s examine what you’ve said

He’s played premier league football. True. 6 years ago, 19 apps, 0 goals, mentioned by plenty of Villa fans as their worst player ever.

Made over 100 apps for Crewe. True. 118 apps, 23 goals. We already have a striker with a similar but better goal return. Crewe fans says he’s a hard worker but not a goal scorer. Fair enough, may fill the void left by Davies have some have said, but Davies hardly played so not much of a void filled. Also Crewe have done a lot better since he left.

Joins from a team in League One. True. Had played 59 times in League One scoring 10 goals, 8 of them were 8 years ago.

When you add in that’s he’s 28 and that we’ve probably paid a fee for him given he was still under contract at MK Dons, hopefully you can see why some may be underwhelmed, especially given some of the names which have been mentioned lately.

He may well turn out to be a good signing, and I will give him a chance as I do every player, but forgive me if I’m not doing cartwheels at the moment.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Stats mean nothing to me now, Andy Cook has fantastic stats, doesn’t fit in to a GC team. Gc mentioned he’s building a team and Bowery has the attributes to fit into a GC team.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:01 pm

mehh !!!!!!

well he int a 20 goal a season man......next
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:04 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

He’s played premier league football. True. 6 years ago, 19 apps, 0 goals, mentioned by plenty of Villa fans as their worst player ever.

Made over 100 apps for Crewe. True. 118 apps, 23 goals. We already have a striker with a similar but better goal return. Crewe fans says he’s a hard worker but not a goal scorer. Fair enough, may fill the void left by Davies have some have said, but Davies hardly played so not much of a void filled. Also Crewe have done a lot better since he left.

Joins from a team in League One. True. Had played 59 times in League One scoring 10 goals, 8 of them were 8 years ago.

When you add in that’s he’s 28 and that we’ve probably paid a fee for him given he was still under contract at MK Dons, hopefully you can see why some may be underwhelmed, especially given some of the names which have been mentioned lately.

He may well turn out to be a good signing, and I will give him a chance as I do every player, but forgive me if I’m not doing cartwheels at the moment. At the moment it’s a solid but unspectacular signing.

Not every signing will be spectacular, do you really expect to be impressed and jump about every time a player signs? were not Man City. Hes the type of striker we will need, also a free transfer according to bbc notts. He looked really good for crewe and will bring something to this side.

classic stagsnet.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:08 pm

One thing I would say is that Jonson Clarke-Harris wasn’t prolific before GC joined Bristol Rovers, so maybe he has a knack in getting something out of them. Time will tell I guess.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He may well turn out to be a good signing, and I will give him a chance as I do every player, but forgive me if I’m not doing cartwheels at the moment. At the moment it’s a solid but unspectacular signing.

Not every signing will be spectacular, do you really expect to be impressed and jump about every time a player signs? were not Man City. Hes the type of striker we will need, also a free transfer according to bbc notts. He looked really good for crewe and will bring something to this side.

classic stagsnet.

Of course not. Just not convinced he is what we nee, would rather have had someone younger with similar attributes and a point to prove. You seem to think a lot more highly of him than most Crewe fans do.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 pm

I think He has similar attributes to Clarke Harris. Any watch them goal highlights I’ve put on further up? Seems to have pace for a big lad.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum