{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Plans for Non League Football

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

FA Plans for Non League Football

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:18 am

For those of you interested in local non-league football

Summary of a communication from the FA to Step 5 and 6 leagues on June 19th

THIS SUMMER
Even if a league at a higher step has a vacancy caused by a club folding or requesting voluntary relegation, NO Promotion will occur and that league will run short. The FA will look at applications to enter the pyramid to fill a vacancy (AFC Bury and Isle of Man were only ones mentioned).

FUNDING
The FA National Game have had a 38% cut in funding. This will impact all National League System leagues who will no longer receive FA Development funding, but they will still receive Administration grants at current level. FA Vase prize money will be reduced by approx 6%

COMPETITIONS
It is the FA’s ambition still to run the FA Cup & FA Vase in full, BUT that may not be possible and certainly with the FA Cup they are contractually bound to have the FA Cup 3rd Rd on the opening weekend of January, so the dates and numbers of earlier rounds may be affected by that. The non-league final day at Wembley is subject to the FA calendar given that Euro 2020 matches now have to fit into 2021. Consideration is being given to do away with Replays in both Cup & Vase to aid fitting in league fixtures.

If the season does not start in August then League and County Cups cannot be run in the traditional formats during the league playing season, but possible that new ways could be found to run Cups.

RESTARTING NLS FOOTBALL
The FA stated that NLS will only re-start when the Dept of Media, Culture & Sport (DCMS) gives approval AND subject to any conditions that the DCMS makes. Games cannot re-start at Steps 1 to 7 of the NLS without spectators, AND ALL STEPS ARE TIED TOGETHER on a restart date (e.g. Step 6 cannot start whilst Step 3 is not allowed and vice versa)

Football BELOW Step 7 where no admission is taken may start on a different date and is subject to specific “grass-roots” Govt guidance.

The FA are working on various scenarios as to when and how it affects the programme of games, this was explained as:
August – A normal season
September/October – Full League seasons to be priority with NO League or County Cups
November/January – Not possible for a full league season to be played and in this situation either half seasons (play each other once) or splitting divisions in half
Later than January – Worse case scenario with re-structure and leagues maybe held over again until 2021/22 season.
Whilst NOT a commitment or guarantee by any means, the FA said the most likely current scenario would be September.

Pre-Season – The FA stated a pre-season would occur before commencement of matches, but they were not prepared to say what duration in weeks that timeframe would be.

End of season – Flexibility to go into May rather than the last weekend of April, but again this would really depend on the starting date of the season.

Possible agreement prior to restarting so that if a 2nd spike forced another curtailment of next season, that the leagues could be awarded based on the percentage of games actually played at that time – details to follow.

CLUBS
The FA will require ALL CLUBS to produce and publish a Risk assessment and/or action plans to ensure they are Covid secure. This is specifically for clubs that are neither “elite” nor “grassroots” and will cover such things as return to full training / matches, use of facilities including clubhouses, dressing rooms etc, travel and the volunteer workforce at each club. The FA are currently writing a guidance paper on this and it will follow to clubs in the near future.

GROUND GRADING
The FA have built into the temporary changes to regulations some flexibility regarding ground grading dates. Whilst no specific date or rule has been changed, the FA stated that it is “not the intention to relegate any clubs for work that Covid has meant they have been unable to do.”

Next FA Leagues meeting on July 14th

https://centralmidlandsleague.pitchero. ... ball-62389
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: FA Plans for Non League Football

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:46 am

So where does that leave Stevenage?

If steps 1 - 7 cannot start without crowds and all must start together, will the EFL still relegate them without a guarantee of a league start? This is especially pertinent with the next meeting not being until mid July as that doesn't leave a lot of time to organise things.

Also was there any mention of playoffs for the top division? If not it doesn't look like they will take place before the 14th of July which is surely too late?.

I don't think this looks good for County. How sad, never mind.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:14 am

I can't believe the EFL would relegate Stevenage to certain oblivion should the NL not run next season.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:32 am

oldweststander wrote:I can't believe the EFL would relegate Stevenage to certain oblivion should the NL not run next season.

They have already stated that they will not relegate anybody from league 2 until they have guarantees that the conference will definitely start.
Don't know about anybody else but I would find it hilarious if County won the play offs and were then told there was no place in the league for them. :lol:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:28 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
oldweststander wrote:I can't believe the EFL would relegate Stevenage to certain oblivion should the NL not run next season.

They have already stated that they will not relegate anybody from league 2 until they have guarantees that the conference will definitely start.
Don't know about anybody else but I would find it hilarious if County won the play offs and were then told there was no place in the league for them. :lol:

Imagine their faces :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:26 am

Take it one step further. If there is no next season for non league, could County survive a season without an income?

It's ok being a big boy in non league but your overheads are much bigger and therefore not as sustainable. Will county gamble and set up for a season back in league football or risk an inferior squad and probable immediate relegation back to the pit? Pleased it's not our headache.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:50 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

been told there's a real possibility this will happen (ie the playoff winner not coming up not county getting to the final haha)
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

that would be bliss
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:40 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

been told there's a real possibility this will happen (ie the playoff winner not coming up not county getting to the final haha)

Of course you have :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:16 am

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Well I Have so soz, will have to get you involved next time :roll:

looking very unlikely the national league will have a concrete date to start before league two starts, non league clubs need crowds present. EFL are pushing them to decide and the current guess of starting September is still just a guess and has come from the FA. A lot depends on how quickly the government ease lockdown but the EFL want a concrete plan in place as soon as possible.

National league playoffs aren't even certain to go ahead at the minute.

Limited ground capacity and socially distanced crowds are currently being discussed.

I do think a team who has more managers than wins should be relegated though.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:36 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Well I Have so soz, will have to get you involved next time :roll:

looking very unlikely the national league will have a concrete date to start before league two starts, non league clubs need crowds present. EFL are pushing them to decide and the current guess of starting September is still just a guess and has come from the FA. A lot depends on how quickly the government ease lockdown but the EFL want a concrete plan in place as soon as possible.

National league playoffs aren't even certain to go ahead at the minute.

Limited ground capacity and socially distanced crowds are currently being discussed.

I do think a team who has more managers than wins should be relegated though.

I know it’s not the point you’re making but in relation to “non league clubs need crowds present” well so do we!

I can’t imagine there being a massive difference in dates between the league 2 and conference seasons starting. I’ve got it in my head that somewhere around 10-12th September is the latest you can start having a full season in league 2
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum