{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season tickets

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:I’ve mainly taken the numbers quoted in this thread. But if it really isn’t the tragedy for Mansfield that it initially seemed based on relatively high death numbers as a proportion of relatively low recorded cases in Mansfield , I’ll stop worrying about it. Thanks!

The thing is that all deaths are reported but very few actual cases are recorded. Only those tested are recorded as having had the virus so initially this was only those who ended up in hospital with it. Later on testing became available to key workers but not anybody else, so again many cases were not recorded. Testing is now available to anybody with symptoms.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:50 am

Another thread off on a tangent. So what has the club said about season ticket refunds and also match day ticket refunds. I’m sure some folk need the money.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:31 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Another thread off on a tangent. So what has the club said about season ticket refunds and also match day ticket refunds. I’m sure some folk need the money.

Nothing. If they had, it would be in this thread, but as they haven’t, we’re on a tangent.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:20 pm

Ian Holloway said on Quest EFL show at the weekend that Grimsby had already gone to its season ticket holders about their 2019 / 20 tickets and not one had asked for a refund and further more over £100k had been raised for their club.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:20 pm

I’m only speaking for myself, but I’m keen to spend some of my money with the club and, if offered, I would not take a refund for my 2019/20 season ticket.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:22 pm

I do think the club should now make a statement on this including arrangements for next season ( whenever that might be) as it will generate cash.

I can also see a scenario where season ticket holders are admitted as a first stage of returning fans to grounds. Would restrict numbers and give the club access to names and addresses and contact details.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:32 pm

yorkstag wrote:I do think the club should now make a statement on this including arrangements for next season ( whenever that might be) as it will generate cash.

I can also see a scenario where season ticket holders are admitted as a first stage of returning fans to grounds. Would restrict numbers and give the club access to names and addresses and contact details.

Agreed. I'd be happy to renew, including on a basis of partial refund if we can't go to particular games. Or the club could offer £X for the next 10 games or whatever.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby West Ham 1969 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:35 pm

I would be happy with no refund...just can’t wait to get back!
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:36 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:I would be happy with no refund...just can’t wait to get back!

That sentiment is shared by me too mate.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:41 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
West Ham 1969 wrote:I would be happy with no refund...just can’t wait to get back!

And me too....I'd just like the club to contact us and give us the chance to show our commitment and loyalty not just keep us in the dark
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:00 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

And me too....I'd just like the club to contact us and give us the chance to show our commitment and loyalty not just keep us in the dark

It might be difficult for the club to contact us, deal with refunds, etc. when all the office staff are furloughed. I am sure they will be in touch once they have some definite news for us.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:54 pm

Most other clubs are selling season tickets.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:06 pm

I know most people aren’t fussed about a refund, myself included, but I think it’s pretty poor that the club haven’t announced anything yet.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:14 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I know most people aren’t fussed about a refund, myself included, but I think it’s pretty poor that the club haven’t announced anything yet.

It seems incredibly strange to me. Unless something is wrong maybe. To not issue even the slightest statement regarding the issue is poor imo also.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:18 pm

I agree.

Personally I don't want a refund, but to not even be offered is poor form from the club, who should have released some information by now.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 pm

I think the problem is that the ticket office is still shut because all the staff are on furlough.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:23 pm

part time pete wrote:I think the problem is that the ticket office is still shut because all the staff are on furlough.

That doesn't stop the Chairman, CEO or DoF making a statement of their intent.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:22 am

There's plenty of time, chill out.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:42 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:I agree.

Personally I don't want a refund, but to not even be offered is poor form from the club, who should have released some information by now.

This.

At the end of the day, customers paid up front to see 6 games, that they didn't get. It works out at about £95 per adult.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:23 am

Sneag wrote:

This.

At the end of the day, customers paid up front to see 6 games, that they didn't get. It works out at about £95 per adult.

I agree that something should be offered. Season tickets were sold on the back of value for money, by calculating how much you save compared to paying full price for all home matches. I haven't done the calculation as to whether we still ended up better off than paying per match, but clearly the season ticket hasn't given the promised level of saving. So for that reason you'd expect some sort of compensation, even if you then donate it to the business.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:24 am

Some communication, even if it’s a holding “we’re not quite sure but we’re working on it” is the minimum you’d expect for your most loyal customers surely....
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:53 am

Bradders wrote:
Sneag wrote:

This.

I agree that something should be offered. Season tickets were sold on the back of value for money, by calculating how much you save compared to paying full price for all home matches. I haven't done the calculation as to whether we still ended up better off than paying per match, but clearly the season ticket hasn't given the promised level of saving. So for that reason you'd expect some sort of compensation, even if you then donate it to the business.

£22
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:30 am

Spiritater wrote:There's plenty of time, chill out.

It’s about common curtesy, not about the money. So many other clubs have done this better. Amateurish from the Stags, similar to what was offered on the pitch!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:29 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

It’s about common curtesy, not about the money. So many other clubs have done this better. Amateurish from the Stags, similar to what was offered on the pitch!!!

Oh calm thee sen, Cass.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:34 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Oh calm thee sen, Cass.

:lol: 8-)
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum