{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pate Bar reopening

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Pate Bar reopening

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:16 pm

I'm dreading how busy pubs are going to be when lockdown officially ends, but considering the size of car park outside the pate bar, they're surely In a fantastic situation to take full advantage of this, bunch of picnic tables, sound system in place (or even just music over tannoys) it could be great there!
God knows The Swan are preparing for it as they've had staff meetings about it...
If pate bar drop the ball on this reopening then there really is no hope for the place.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Re: Pate Bar reopening

Postby Bros » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:29 pm

I was informed several weeks ago that all the staff have been furloughed apart from presumably the groundstaff. So I can't see the SPB, the ticket office for any refunds or the actual club shop opening soon. Even Big Paul has been putting pictures on Facebook about what he's been doing with his leisure time. I don't know if GC and DS have been to the ground or are working from home
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:52 pm

For how few folk would be allowed in due to distancing and all that it’s hard to see how it would be profitable also.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:54 pm

My daughter works at Greene King in Burton and has been called back to work on 29th June. She's responsible for forecasting the amount of beer that the pubs she looks after will need each month. Shes been told the Government are pushing to open up the hospitality industry on July 4th.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:59 pm

adamstag wrote:For how few folk would be allowed in due to distancing and all that it’s hard to see how it would be profitable also.

I'm not overly convinced you read the whole original post my man

HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Cant wait for that first pint after getting beat 18 nil in Clarkes league
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Cant wait for that first pint after getting beat 18 nil in Clarkes league

Have you not been going to Clarkes Underground League, prices have doubled, still untraceable cash for the holiday every other week fund, and he is selling warm cans of Skol at the top end of the pitches for £3 a pop.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby StagsFan83 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:11 pm

Is Sandy’s really not opening next weekend? Seems madness with all the potential, they have multiple bars, masses of space, an opportunity to win potential new regulars with many pubs not being able to open properly.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:56 am

StagsFan83 wrote:Is Sandy’s really not opening next weekend? Seems madness with all the potential, they have multiple bars, masses of space, an opportunity to win potential new regulars with many pubs not being able to open properly.

Totally agree. More people would rather use a bar like SPB than going into town in this current climate.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:46 am

I would have thought the issue is that it is not the main business of the club, just a sideline. Pubs need to reopen to get themselves up and running again as that is their sole business. If Stags reopened the Pate Bar then it would probably require some of the administrative staff in place as well to process orders, invoices, etc.. This would mean they would have to be taken off furlough and measures put in place to protect them in the offices. Would the income from the bar cover the cost of all this ? If not, then it is not worth doing at present.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:53 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:I would have thought the issue is that it is not the main business of the club, just a sideline. Pubs need to reopen to get themselves up and running again as that is their sole business. If Stags reopened the Pate Bar then it would probably require some of the administrative staff in place as well to process orders, invoices, etc.. This would mean they would have to be taken off furlough and measures put in place to protect them in the offices. Would the income from the bar cover the cost of all this ? If not, then it is not worth doing at present.

Fair pint. Had my beer goggles on :lol:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:I would have thought the issue is that it is not the main business of the club, just a sideline. Pubs need to reopen to get themselves up and running again as that is their sole business. If Stags reopened the Pate Bar then it would probably require some of the administrative staff in place as well to process orders, invoices, etc.. This would mean they would have to be taken off furlough and measures put in place to protect them in the offices. Would the income from the bar cover the cost of all this ? If not, then it is not worth doing at present.

Obviously. :lol:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Chander Lear wrote:

And still have! :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:04 pm

Has anyone heard if this is going to be reopened anytime soon?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:49 pm

No
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:59 pm

Just as well, really. Kings Arms the place to be!

HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:38 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Has anyone heard if this is going to be reopened anytime soon?

I have heard it’s closed for a reason, hopefully back for when we’re allowed back to the ground.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:16 am

Jimstag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Has anyone heard if this is going to be reopened anytime soon?

I have heard it’s closed for a reason, hopefully back for when we’re allowed back to the ground.

It is currently under water and needs a new floor. Though they have till October to fix it.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:46 pm

Really don't understand why the bar didn't reopen before August to take advantage of eat out to help out. The pitches are back in use so there's some passing trade. Last year's refurbishment just seems to have been a waste of cashand as the furlough scheme ends soon then won't the staff be out of work? :(
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Jimstag » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:11 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Jimstag wrote:

It is currently under water and needs a new floor. Though they have till October to fix it.

That’s what I heard
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum