{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bolton confirm Hill and Flitcroft departure

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bolton confirm Hill and Flitcroft departure

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:19 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:As opposed to 24th like floppys failures at Bolton. :lol: :lol: :lol:
With so many points deducted and a ragamuffin team what did you expect.

He and Hill at least had the intestinal fortitude to take it on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:52 am

I can see this turning into a 10 page thread over whether we should have kept flitcroft or not
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:17 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:I can see this turning into a 10 page thread over whether we should have kept flitcroft or not

Its easy, if we had known the replacement was Dempster, then yes we should have kept him.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:24 am

Rob wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Don't think you can get many better coaches than flit croft at this level.... glowing reviews from pros who have worked with him and I liked how much he cared about the club when he spoke.

I know he spent hours on the training ground trying to perfect attacking and defensive drills and at times it showed. True what Davies has said you don't realise what you have until it's gone.

I agree Sedgwick, those on here got what they wished for, which in the end was 21st place!

Good Posts Should definitely have not been sacked from here !
Would be welcomed back by me anytime
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:43 am

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bolton didn’t go down again.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:51 pm

they were never going to keep them up.
Last edited by adamstag on Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 pm

adamstag wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:As opposed to 24th like floppys failures at Bolton. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed, though they were never going to keep them up.

I think it’s a shame that for all the really nice, decent footy we played under DF he’ll be remembered for bottling a 10 point lead over 4th.

That was sad news for all concerned :cry:

Well, it remains our highest league finish in over 15 years. Great football and challenging at the top or 21st, you chose Adam and as reality has shown, you chose badly.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:55 pm

Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I think it’s a shame that for all the really nice, decent footy we played under DF he’ll be remembered for bottling a 10 point lead over 4th.

Well, it remains our highest league finish in over 15 years. Great football and challenging at the top or 21st, you chose Adam and as reality has shown, you chose badly.

The massive mistake was replacing him with Dempster
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:13 am

Hill is a decent manager and will get another job quickly Flitctoft deserves some success too
Wish them well
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:49 am

The One wrote:
Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Of course it was, which is clear for all to see.

There were more out there who wanted him gone after the farce of last season than the seeming patronising few who didn’t. Maybe after 1 season where we achieved the impossible and avoided the playoffs and another season where we achieved the impossible and ended up in them they thought it wasn’t going to work.

That he was replaced by dempster is separate, and obviously a massive mistake.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:17 am

Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:

As has been pointed out to you several times Rob, but you continue to conveniently ignore, you cannot day that anyone chose badly, as you don’t know that the exact same results wouldn’t have occurred under Flitcroft.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:41 pm

adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:
Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Of course it was, which is clear for all to see.

There were more out there who wanted him gone after the farce of last season than the seeming patronising few who didn’t. Maybe after 1 season where we achieved the impossible and avoided the playoffs and another season where we achieved the impossible and ended up in them they thought it wasn’t going to work.

That he was replaced by dempster is separate, and obviously a massive mistake.

Nothing is decided in February (well this/last season it is I guess :lol:).

Flitcroft took over Evans side, Flitcroft is more fitness oriented. Same thing happened this season Coughlan is more fitness oriented and changed training and didn't get spectacular results. By the standards of those who wanted Flitcroft sacked after his first 12 games, Coughlan should be under fire too. For the record he shouldn't be but the only difference is Evans had us in the middle of the playoffs and Dempster had us bottom half).

The history books show that Evans finished mid table, Flitcroft finished 8th then 4th and Coughlan finished 21st. It's not patronising to be correct, nobody is gloating. The most patronising thing is people justifying the sacking based on 12 games of a 46 game season and then based on their perceived entitlement to automatics and missing out on the final day.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:46 pm

Unfortunately Gazza I don’t agree with you pal, and I don’t think you’re correct.

4th in the context of the side and where we were wasn’t good enough. Yes it was the highest finish but still, to be 10 points clear with about 10 to go..... yes the first season was too short to judge him on, but that was then weighted into the decision when he once again fell hopelessly short towards the end of last season.

The battle lines were drawn and folk went round in circles as there were clearly 2 camps. That epic failure at the end of last season by him and the players is still felt today.

I totally respect your view and that’s the great thing of message boards, we all want the same thing for our club, now more than ever :)

This was, and had been done to death and it’s the last I’ll say on it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:12 am

One manager over recent years always finished higher than previous seasons and did what it said on the tin. In his final season his budget was severely slashed. Given the backing the Scottish manager and DF had I'd imagine he'd have his 'good honest boys' in Lge1 by now ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum