{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Maynard

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Maynard

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat May 30, 2020 8:49 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Maynards Vision and anticipation of play was miles ahead of the rest of the squad you could see that nearly every game, his overall play and touch was by far the best at the club last season. It would be bonkers not to try to re-sign him this season

Sometimes Maynard being on a different level can make him look out of sync’. For instance he makes very good runs and the pass from midfield is either too late or never comes. We need someone in midfield that can unlock the defence. When you watch the vintage highlights you notice the difference. For some reason the simple through pass is lacking now.

The vintage highlights show how the product ( at our level) has diminished over time . Players are fitter today but you need a footballing brain .

Not really a fair comparison. Were seeing the best of the last 30-40 years in in a handful of 1 to 2 minute highlights.

These are the high points. Many on here can reassure that there’s been plenty of raspberry performances over the last few decades.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby london amber stag » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:12 pm

These Maynard talks are taking time, really hope he signs but not holding my breath if Salford are in the mix to sign him.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:59 pm

I would keep him, however his Agent who is also his brother, Bill, seems to drive a hard bargain from what I have seen of him in ‘Heart Beat’.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Maybe he will think the grass isn't greener on the other side.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:59 am

Talks always take a long time at season's end, if that's what it is.

Not seen any word of signings anywhere in Leagues 1 or 2.

Maybe when the future is sorted on 8th June things will start to move forward.

Can anyone see the 2020/21 season starting before October, I can't?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:44 am

oldweststander wrote:Talks always take a long time at season's end, if that's what it is.

I can see it starting in early september ,it depends on the figures ,but i can see fans being allowed to attend in reduced numbers ,not sure its the right thing to do but the government seem to want things back to the new normal asap
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:50 am

spanishstag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Talks always take a long time at season's end, if that's what it is.

I can see it starting in early september ,it depends on the figures ,but i can see fans being allowed to attend in reduced numbers ,not sure its the right thing to do but the government seem to want things back to the new normal asap

Chesterfield will be alright then. They can allow the 1500 or so fans that attend usually (one bum and five empty seats) but might have to announce the real attendance rather than the adjusted one usually set around 3800.
My Notts County fan mate also said the Stags are lucky in that they will be able to sell out to capacity because as we are all "family" we will not have to adhere to any isolation restrictions.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:I would keep him, however his Agent who is also his brother, Bill, seems to drive a hard bargain from what I have seen of him in ‘Heart Beat’.

Magic our Morris :)
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Amberheart wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:I would keep him, however his Agent who is also his brother, Bill, seems to drive a hard bargain from what I have seen of him in ‘Heart Beat’.

Magic our Morris :)

One for the kids
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:15 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum