{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Interestingly, if you look at posts from S&D you find that prior to his little outburst here, his last post on our message board was just over a year ago when we failed to get promoted. Since then, while his non-league team have been fighting for survival to avoid relegation into regional non-league obscurity, he has been absent until their survival was confirmed due to the season being scrapped, and then he turns up to try and stir things up. What a sad individual.
To be fair, if I'd had to watch the tripe he's had to watch I'd be sad :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Wed May 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Bless, a fan of a non-league club coming here trying to stir things up :wave:

You'd better get use to this for a while yet...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Interestingly, if you look at posts from S&D you find that prior to his little outburst here, his last post on our message board was just over a year ago when we failed to get promoted. Since then, while his non-league team have been fighting for survival to avoid relegation into regional non-league obscurity, he has been absent until their survival was confirmed due to the season being scrapped, and then he turns up to try and stir things up. What a sad individual.
To be fair, if I'd had to watch the tripe he's had to watch I'd be sad :)

Every crumb is comfort when you're Non League shyt. To be fair we pecked up loads in t'BSP.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Why do I get a rash everytime I go to Chesterfield?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu May 21, 2020 1:04 am

Spiritater wrote:Why do I get a rash everytime I go to Chesterfield?

You should wait 'til after dipping time. :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri May 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Spiritater wrote:Why do I get a rash everytime I go to Chesterfield?

You need to choose cleaner sheep!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue May 26, 2020 3:52 pm

They're massively clutching at straws here, bless em! :lol:

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.p ... try1519314
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed May 27, 2020 10:54 am

ParisStag wrote:They're massively clutching at straws here, bless em! :lol:

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.p ... try1519314

How embarrassing :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed May 27, 2020 11:17 am

I think their best hope is other clubs misfortune as Huddersfield’s chairman predicts. It’s a sad time for all if any of that comes to fruition, but sadly if we can’t have fans in grounds until next year it’s something I can see happening at one scale or another.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 27, 2020 11:44 am

In fairness a similar thread would have appeared in here had this happened when we were raspberries down there
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat May 30, 2020 7:10 am

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... on-2868383

Ashley Carson provides update on Chesterfield takeover and John Pemberton's position
Ashley Carson says there has been some “positive updates” regarding the sale of the club to the community trust.

The trust has been working on a deal for several months but it has been delayed due to the coronavirus.

Spireites company secretary, Mr Carson, said: “I am happy to confirm that I am back on Mike Goodwin’s (community trust chairman) speed dial and I have been receiving some positive updates from him. I am still receiving interest from other parties, but overall no progress or timeframes for change.”

Mr Carson also revealed that owner Dave Allen has put more than £770,000 of “top-ups” into the club since January to cover costs, including £25,000 this month.

“Money is still extremely tight, we have received our second furlough payment which is approximately £110,000 each submission,” Mr Carson added. “We currently have 183 on furlough, this includes stewards and all staff. All wages have been paid on time this month.”

Meanwhile, caretaker manager John Pemberton and the players will remain on furlough until the situation with when the new National League season might start becomes clearer.

He added that he and Mr Allen continue to plan for next season and “must look to sit down with the manager to discuss both his future contract and also his shopping list for players.”

Understandably, Mr Carson said they are “sadly unable to commit to any new signings yet, as much as we would like to.”

“I have talked to John Pemberton about when we will be able to bring the remaining players back off furlough and conduct some training with them, to get them back into a working environment and also for their mental health and wellbeing,” Mr Carson said. “But we would then also need to bring other staff back in, including the physio, all of this would cost the club over £10,000 a week and so for now we simply cannot afford to do it.”

In other news, the Blues are looking to make improvements to the Hasland training ground pitches which were problematic during the winter. The club has received quotes of £3,800 to £49,000. Work on the stadium pitch is already underway.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:48 pm

Dave Allen is propping up the club even further with the Community Trust Buyout still a knight on a white horse that has yet to leave the stable.

Despite what they think about Allen, he is staying the course when given the current financial climate allied to the pandemic he could walk away with a lot of developable land and no club. Whether or not his is using money advanced from next season is neither here nor there. I think to myself what would Haslam have done in this situation?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:02 pm

Absolutely, not even in the same league as Hasloan. They would be stuffed without him.

But remember... it doesn't matter that they're non-league because they once once took 3k to Mansfield and had 3 sides... right?
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:03 pm

HU7stag wrote:Absolutely, not even in the same league as Hasloan. They would be stuffed without him.

But remember... it doesn't matter that they're non-league because they once once took 3k to Mansfield and had 3 sides... right?

And chanted "There's only one K*ith H*slam" all throughout the game. I think you call that karma. :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:02 pm

I could see league one and two joining to form north and south leagues but not league 2 and national league there would be a lot of none competitive games and some of the part time teams like clownty and sheep would be hammered week in week out from the league 2 teams.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby HU7stag » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:13 pm

Dan wrote:
HU7stag wrote:Absolutely, not even in the same league as Hasloan. They would be stuffed without him.

And chanted "There's only one K*ith H*slam" all throughout the game. I think you call that karma. :D

Even more karma when their trust realises they can't realistically afford to buy them and then a knight in shining armour appears by the name of uncle Keith :mrgreen:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:27 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:27 am

I'm not sure Chesterfield is awash with surplus money, but this venture starting amid the biggest recession for 300 years doesn't bode well.

Fan ownerships ultimately always become selling clubs at the first sign because one sale can support the wider club. It makes building a team very hard.

They don't have the number of fans as Pompey, or the local wealth of Wycombe.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:23 am

The funding "is understood to be coming from local councils" !

If so, those in charge of the said local councils need to give their heads a shake.

A deep recession is just around the corner.

The councils money will be stretched and vital services will suffer.

Madness.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:41 pm

I'd certainly be complaining to the ombudsman if any of my rates were going to a football team no matter how much I loved them. At the end of the day they are private businesses and shouldn't be propped up with public money.

There are far more important local services that money should be spent on first, things that can actually change if not save people's lives.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:05 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:39 am

The Community Trust aiming to buy the club are struggling to raise the necessary finance or they would not have approached the local authorities for involvement. Should the local authorities get financially involved then where does the involvement end? Is it a one off payment to assist purchase at a low percentage rate of repayment, will it be for using the ground for community and business functions at an agreed rate, will it have a place on the board prudently pushing the club in the agreed direction, will it be there to provide funding when revenue levels do not match projections, will it fund the purchase of their next donkey?

As they are looking for public funding the least the local authority can do is publish what their involvement is to or would be. That is the least we would expect if the same were to happen in Mansfield.

What would happen after a local election when the ‘colour’ of the council could change over night and support for the club is no longer forth coming. If they had bought into the club at Christmas as originally intended would the local authorities have been able to fund the club throughout this pandemic, one Scottish club that is community owned has requested £75k from its members to see it through, whilst Local businesses flounder.

It’s an awful position for them to be in, I am glad it’s not us. But smile when I know it’s them.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:22 am

"Local councils" ?!?!?!?!

I would want clarification on this myself, I already pay council tax in the Chesterfield Borough for the bin men to turn up when they feel like it, I don't want to be paying for a floundering pee poor Non-League club as well :evil:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:43 pm

I wouldn't be happy if it was my local council, especially when they are generally struggling financially with costs incurred due to COVID-19 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53069772
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:28 pm

I suppose if the council are funding a non league outfit like Cheaterfield, then they’ll also be funding other similar local clubs, like Glapwell, or Doe Lea Bucket bangers.
Beano
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum