{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

interview with Danny Rose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

interview with Danny Rose

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri May 15, 2020 7:09 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: interview with Danny Rose

Postby yorkstag » Fri May 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Excellent interview. I thought he came across really well and I for one hope he will be here next year.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri May 15, 2020 7:51 pm

yorkstag wrote:Excellent interview. I thought he came across really well and I for one hope he will be here next year.

I think he suits GC’s playing style really well and fully expect him to get nearer 20 goals in all competitions in the new season.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri May 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Would love Rose to be here next year.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri May 15, 2020 7:59 pm

I'm sure he will be and will be better for playing under GC
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri May 15, 2020 8:56 pm

Don’t mind him being a squad member, 3rd or 4th choice striker but think we’ve seen enough of him over the years to know he’s not going to fire us up if he was to be seen as ‘the main man’.

He chips in with enough goals to warrant being in the squad and there are games and circumstances that suit him, but he’s also prone to going 3 months without scoring.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri May 15, 2020 9:21 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Don’t mind him being a squad member, 3rd or 4th choice striker but think we’ve seen enough of him over the years to know he’s not going to fire us up if he was to be seen as ‘the main man’.

He chips in with enough goals to warrant being in the squad and there are games and circumstances that suit him, but he’s also prone to going 3 months without scoring.

Ian Rush would go three months without scoring with the service this season!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby skegbymal » Sat May 16, 2020 8:01 am

I don't think Danny Rose or the other strikers are our main problem. For a while now the number of goals that come from our midfield players are not enough to get us anywhere near the playoffs. We can love or hate midfield players but the fact is, if they don't contribute to the goals tally, we will never go up.
skegbymal
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 16, 2020 8:12 am

The GC will sort it, he knows what’s missing !

i think this retain list will be a cull
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat May 16, 2020 8:43 am

skegbymal wrote:I don't think Danny Rose or the other strikers are our main problem. For a while now the number of goals that come from our midfield players are not enough to get us anywhere near the playoffs. We can love or hate midfield players but the fact is, if they don't contribute to the goals tally, we will never go up.

Don't worry Macca is the answer as he gives 100 per cent, about 6 goals in 4-5 seasons but that's ok :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun May 17, 2020 2:35 pm

skegbymal wrote:I don't think Danny Rose or the other strikers are our main problem. For a while now the number of goals that come from our midfield players are not enough to get us anywhere near the playoffs. We can love or hate midfield players but the fact is, if they don't contribute to the goals tally, we will never go up.

Totally agree bud. While we've had a few midfielders chip in with goals, it's been too sporadic & from too few sources.

If we could have a couple of midfielders each able to bag 5+ goals/season, and a few others registering them, then it'd be like having an extra striker on the books. Big Billy D's promotion squad had players all across the midfield that could knock in a few

Goals from set pieces are also the mainstay of a strong squad
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun May 17, 2020 4:41 pm

When was the last time we had a midfielder bag 10 goals in a season.

Thats what were missing 3 players who are all going to get double figures then the rest grabbing a hand full each!
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun May 17, 2020 5:10 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:When was the last time we had a midfielder bag 10 goals in a season.

Thats what were missing 3 players who are all going to get double figures then the rest grabbing a hand full each!

What position did CJ Hamilton play last year?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun May 17, 2020 5:17 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:When was the last time we had a midfielder bag 10 goals in a season.

What position did CJ Hamilton play last year?

Most his goals came when playing upfront.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon May 18, 2020 8:51 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Totally agree bud. While we've had a few midfielders chip in with goals, it's been too sporadic & from too few sources.

If we could have a couple of midfielders each able to bag 5+ goals/season, and a few others registering them, then it'd be like having an extra striker on the books. Big Billy D's promotion squad had players all across the midfield that could knock in a few

realised this when watching all the vintage highlights, watching the side Murray played in with Lawrence they all bagged goals form all over the pitch. Thats a side that will do well, there's no expectation that just the front two will score, everyone knows if the ball comes to them in the right area its going in. Not had that for a while, recently players will be in shooting positions and it never crosses their mind to have a go.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon May 18, 2020 10:24 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Don't worry Macca is the answer as he gives 100 per cent, about 6 goals in 4-5 seasons but that's ok :roll:

Players like macca were the problem - he could run forever, but so can a professional runner - doesn’t make them any good at football.

We actually need someone in midfield who can boss the game and someone who can actually create chances, the forwards will then hopefully have more of a chance.

I think rose will do well next season, whenever that is
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue May 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

realised this when watching all the vintage highlights, watching the side Murray played in with Lawrence they all bagged goals form all over the pitch. Thats a side that will do well, there's no expectation that just the front two will score, everyone knows if the ball comes to them in the right area its going in. Not had that for a while, recently players will be in shooting positions and it never crosses their mind to have a go.

Add to that Corden, Williamson, Sellars, Dis & Piper and it was probably the most potent midfield for a long time. Hopefully GC will bring in a couple of players who can provide as well as score
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum