{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Support your club! Waive the refund.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Support your club! Waive the refund.

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 pm

I myself am not bothered about a refund or taking anything off the club. But maybe a good idea would be to give all season ticket holders a nice gesture like a free pie at the first home game or like a gift receipt for the club shop. Might encourage some to reconsider getting a refund maybe.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Fri May 15, 2020 7:52 pm

I agree with waiveing my season ticket this season and do not expect a refund. I suspect cousin Henry agrees with that also.

There are those that have been hit hard with furloughing/redundancy or potential redundancy and that is a tough one to call. Hope that those affected will come out well in the end......really do hope so...
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:45 pm

No refund wanted here.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Fri May 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Sorta get everyone’s point about wanting cheap season tickets or whatever next season, but isn’t that defeating the object of not having a refund?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri May 15, 2020 11:31 pm

Is there any financial advantage to the club in taking the refund on paper and immediately donating it back to them??

Alternatively they charge me the same amount as the refund to guarantee my same seat for the 2021/22 season if it not safe to buy a season ticket for the 2020/21 season because i'm in the high risk group.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby zygon2003 » Sat May 16, 2020 6:04 am

I won’t be asking for a refund but would expect a reduction on my season ticket. The day trippers are given an abundance of offers to get them through the gates each year. I’m happy to keep the money in the club but don’t expect me to pay nearly 400 quid whilst Bored Man Utd tv supporter is in the SPB during his only game of the decade enjoying his free pint offer and half price ticket on an international break weekend.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jimstag » Sat May 16, 2020 6:57 am

I agree, I don’t go to all home games but I always get a season ticket. It generally works out about the same as the on the gate rate for me, I do it because the club is guaranteed the income I can afford which may help it budget. Obviously along with the season this equation is broken, I’m ok with this as a one off. The club has been there when I’ve needed it and I have to be there in times like this.

I appreciate I’m lucky that I could afford this but I totally understand people who are not. Like many I would ask those that can afford to waive the refund do and I would also ask not to judge those who have to ask.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat May 16, 2020 8:55 am

I will waive the refund as I’m sure many others will. We haven’t ‘lost’ anything other than watching those few last games. Although I appreciate some may be in difficult times at the moment so that’s a matter for each person to consider based on their own circumstances.

I’m waiving any refunds based on many years of disappointment too.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat May 16, 2020 9:04 am

Already emailed em to decline a refund. Got a very courteous reply thanking me
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:13 am

I don’t want a refund on the remaining matches either, but I want my money back on the Cambridge, Grimsby and FGR matches and a extra £100 I’ve overpaid on the prices of crisps and pop :D
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Sat May 16, 2020 9:40 am

Sharp wrote:The refund is not an issue at all for me saved 10 times that amount with the pubs and betting being curtailed!

I’m an interested in what will happen with Season Ticket renewals this year. The likelihood of a season starting in August in next to zero, there’s the possibility that the season could start behind closed doors, or be curtailed again if there is another rise in cases. Be interesting to see how we (and other clubs) approach this. Managed to depress myself there, apologies!

Agree next season is the interesting point now. I don't see how they can sell tickets knowing we won't be able to attend and may not for some time. I would assume they'll just wait and start selling them once fans are allowed back.

The bigger question is how are clubs expected to survive with no gate income. Its easy in the PL they get tones of TV money so it dwarfs gate income. Whereas in L2 the gate money is key and hosting games behind closed doors actually costs the club money.

No refund expected here but I encourage others not to judge those who might ask for one. You never know what someone's life is like or what they're going through. 70 quid or whatever feeds a family for week...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat May 16, 2020 9:43 am

if people want to support the club financially now, they could also subscribe to iFollow, which is just about the only source of income for the club, as far as I can see. And you'd get to spend some time watching lots of old matches too!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Jimstag » Sat May 16, 2020 9:49 am

Martin Shaw wrote:if people want to support the club financially now, they could also subscribe to iFollow, which is just about the only source of income for the club, as far as I can see. And you'd get to spend some time watching lots of old matches too!

I’m undecided on iFollow as someone else is taking a cut, could we do something like the 12th stag fund that we had when struggling in non-league? Or something via the ssa? If there are no season tickets to begin with next season (whenever it starts) are there any creative ways to help the club? Also on topic support any fans struggling with furlough or redundancy?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat May 16, 2020 10:04 am

Jimstag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:if people want to support the club financially now, they could also subscribe to iFollow, which is just about the only source of income for the club, as far as I can see. And you'd get to spend some time watching lots of old matches too!

I’m undecided on iFollow as someone else is taking a cut, could we do something like the 12th stag fund that we had when struggling in non-league? Or something via the ssa? If there are no season tickets to begin with next season (whenever it starts) are there any creative ways to help the club? Also on topic support any fans struggling with furlough or redundancy?

80% goes to the club for iFollow. But yes, 20% doesn't. And you get to see footage of lots of old games and make me feel I'm not wasting my time :)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ian23 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:56 am

Could ask club if possible to restart and manage shop with online orders (currently closed obviously) and put your money into the merchandise?
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat May 16, 2020 11:59 am

Picking up in the next season point perhaps the club could do something more imaginative that might get some money through the door, reward loyalty and protect people’s payments if the season doesn’t start or
Falters.

Starter for discussion - how about an adult ticket (for say) 200 quid that entitles the holder to the next 15 league games, starting next season and whenever they take place.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat May 16, 2020 1:07 pm

What would people theoretically expect to be refunded? Based on match day ticket prices, season ticket holders get something like 6 "free" games a season
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat May 16, 2020 1:35 pm

ian23 wrote:Could ask club if possible to restart and manage shop with online orders (currently closed obviously) and put your money into the merchandise?

This absolutely. Someone must be able to run this from home. I've been very fortunate in that although furloughed, my employers have still paid me the other 20% of my wage. So like Sharpe said earlier I'm lucky that my income has remained steady whilst my expenditure has shrunk, no football, no pub/restaurant etc.

If the online shop had been running I would have gladly idled my time and money away on there, even knowing that I wouldn't get my goods until the shop was physically open again.

A big opportunity missed I think.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:50 pm

No matter which way you see it, a refund should be offered!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Big yella » Sat May 16, 2020 2:11 pm

PRL13 wrote:No matter which way you see it, a refund should be offered!

It should and it will be, some are just saying the will reject or not apply for it and that they also understand those who will need the refund. Why try and make drama where none exists.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat May 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Big yella wrote:
PRL13 wrote:No matter which way you see it, a refund should be offered!

It should and it will be, some are just saying the will reject or not apply for it and that they also understand those who will need the refund. Why try and make drama where none exists.

Have you ever met him, dramas his middle name.

Can't you remember he's never going to County or Sheep again (hopefully true) because of the crush?

Never been crushed at either as you bide your time to clear unless you want drama :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sat May 16, 2020 8:44 pm

ian23 wrote:
Could ask club if possible to restart and manage shop with online orders (currently closed obviously) and put your money into the merchandise?

Amber and blue face masks
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby brum » Sat May 16, 2020 9:09 pm

sunray wrote:ian23 wrote:

Amber and blue face masks

or how about MTFC and NHS half and half scarves
brum
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby victor A block » Sun May 17, 2020 7:26 am

Certainly don't want a refund but I don't want a free burnt pie either until the kiosk staff wrestle back control of the dial that controls the thermostat .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:37 am

I'd like a refund from FGR for the abandoned match, the extra for "covered" standing and the ruddy awful tea, coffee & hot sludge.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum