{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League Two clubs meeting today (April 21)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: League Two clubs meeting today (April 21)

Postby chip63 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:13 pm

smulls wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The players whose contracts expire at the end of June also receive a month's pay for July.

bull!

Read point 2 of johns letter above.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:12 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby london amber stag » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:24 pm

What a shame County will not be promoted!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Barrow will come up to make 24 sides then presumably the conference will push it down to the CN then the NPL
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:05 pm

adamstag wrote:Barrow will come up to make 24 sides then presumably the conference will push it down to the CN then the NPL

County fans claiming it should be them coming up if 2019/20 declared null and void as they finished 23rd in the last competitive season.
Does that mean we go up to L1 as 4th place finishers when Bury went bust ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:47 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
adamstag wrote:Barrow will come up to make 24 sides then presumably the conference will push it down to the CN then the NPL

County fans claiming it should be them coming up if 2019/20 declared null and void as they finished 23rd in the last competitive season.
Does that mean we go up to L1 as 4th place finishers when Bury went bust ?

I could get on board with that :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:03 am

If they do get started on may 9th this will show if it is the right thing to do.

This will be monitored and show the way forward for English leagues to proceed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52379825
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:28 am

Finish the season now.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:58 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:46 pm

This season 2019/20 will live long in the memory and be used as a yardstick for years to come by many, many Stags fans.

We started off in August with a manager, (which quickly became apparent), that did not have the backing of the players, the pre-season preparation was not thorough enough, players had been bought to fill the holes in last seasons squad i.e goals, we were one of the favourites for the league, we had a great squad and a lot of hope that despite stuttering to a finish we would be in the top three come April. There was hype, there was expectation and there was a sense of it was going to be a good season. We were to be masters of our destiny and master of our universe, league 2.

And where are we now? We are sat in that same April nowhere near the Holy Grail of the top three with little swashbuckling football played, a hell of a lot of turgid football played and hell of a lot of unpleasantness from fans towards the team, individual players and each other as fans. Grateful that Macclesfield are a financial basket case and that the forever unfathomable EFL are hell bent in taking points from them, grateful that Bury disappeared meaning there is only one relegation spot and grateful that Stevenage are dire.

And yet this season refuses to die. Today, right about now, I should be drunk, very drunk in fact, toasting the demise of my hopes and dreams for another season. Staggering around Mansfield Town pubs in search of the a pint from Forest Town Stag and Old Ram Stag. Grateful in the words of Captain Sensible that ‘Were glad it’s all over’.

I implore the EFL to do the right thing, end it now. The logistics of playing behind closed doors whilst ensuring social distancing is maintained, restarting (because that is in essence what they will need to do) the league and putting energy and finance into it is something that is not required. Save the energy, money and effort and use it to make the season of 20/21 one that is one to remember. One that through restructuring of the EFL governance, footballers contracts, financial regulations that returns the game back to the fans and those that it means so much to. Promotion can be decided, ‘old school’, send the top four up and remove relegation. Just promote Barrow and right a wrong from the 1970’s. Give the players a break, more mentally than physically do they don’t have to worry about playing games when the guidance is based upon scenarios rather than cold hard facts. Give Mez a chance to prepare the pitch for next season, whenever that is. Rather than just continuing to maintain it for a season that has no end date. It will be hard to replant the pitch in October. Give everyone a end to this season in league 2 and a chance to take stock before 20/21.

Sadly this terrible pandemic has robbed us of more than a season but of loved ones, fellow Stags Fans, friends, colleagues and acquaintances. Come on the EFL don’t let in be in vain.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:43 am

I am Spartacus wrote:This season 2019/20 will live long in the memory and be used as a yardstick for years to come by many, many Stags fans.

We started off in August with a manager, (which quickly became apparent), that did not have the backing of the players, the pre-season preparation was not thorough enough, players had been bought to fill the holes in last seasons squad i.e goals, we were one of the favourites for the league, we had a great squad and a lot of hope that despite stuttering to a finish we would be in the top three come April. There was hype, there was expectation and there was a sense of it was going to be a good season. We were to be masters of our destiny and master of our universe, league 2.

And where are we now? We are sat in that same April nowhere near the Holy Grail of the top three with little swashbuckling football played, a hell of a lot of turgid football played and hell of a lot of unpleasantness from fans towards the team, individual players and each other as fans. Grateful that Macclesfield are a financial basket case and that the forever unfathomable EFL are hell bent in taking points from them, grateful that Bury disappeared meaning there is only one relegation spot and grateful that Stevenage are dire.

And yet this season refuses to die. Today, right about now, I should be drunk, very drunk in fact, toasting the demise of my hopes and dreams for another season. Staggering around Mansfield Town pubs in search of the a pint from Forest Town Stag and Old Ram Stag. Grateful in the words of Captain Sensible that ‘Were glad it’s all over’.

I implore the EFL to do the right thing, end it now. The logistics of playing behind closed doors whilst ensuring social distancing is maintained, restarting (because that is in essence what they will need to do) the league and putting energy and finance into it is something that is not required. Save the energy, money and effort and use it to make the season of 20/21 one that is one to remember. One that through restructuring of the EFL governance, footballers contracts, financial regulations that returns the game back to the fans and those that it means so much to. Promotion can be decided, ‘old school’, send the top four up and remove relegation. Just promote Barrow and right a wrong from the 1970’s. Give the players a break, more mentally than physically do they don’t have to worry about playing games when the guidance is based upon scenarios rather than cold hard facts. Give Mez a chance to prepare the pitch for next season, whenever that is. Rather than just continuing to maintain it for a season that has no end date. It will be hard to replant the pitch in October. Give everyone a end to this season in league 2 and a chance to take stock before 20/21.

Sadly this terrible pandemic has robbed us of more than a season but of loved ones, fellow Stags Fans, friends, colleagues and acquaintances. Come on the EFL don’t let in be in vain.

Excellent post
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:09 pm

German plans how things will be done when they resume.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-21928638
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:46 pm

And so it begins.....................

Colchester releasing players now, due to financial reasons - the first of many.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/april/l ... -chairman/
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:07 pm

That’s a good statement by what seems a very good owner. I was hoping the bubble would burst the super rich premier league but it’s the lower leagues that will always suffer unfortunately. The EPL will get back at some point to flourish while league two and lower will flounder. I hope I’m wrong.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Maybe (just maybe) this may make some Sky Sports customers to ask them selves how much they have missed the televised games. And consider the cost.

There is no comparison between watching on tv and attending a match live and in person. Going to the ground wins it for me every time and hopefully a few more will feel the same and get down to their local club.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Thu May 07, 2020 11:03 am

Source; BBC Sport https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52574839

Macclesfield Town: League Two club given seven-point deduction

Macclesfield have been given a seven-point deduction for failing to play December's match against Plymouth and for non-payment of player wages.

It is their second deduction this season, having been docked 10 points with four suspended in December for non-payment of salaries and failure to fulfil their fixture with Crewe.

That was later reduced to seven points with three suspended after an appeal.

But those three points have now been applied to the latest punishment.

The deduction means Macclesfield slip a place to 23rd in League Two and three points above bottom side Stevenage.

Tuesday's Independent Disciplinary Commission hearing also gave them another two-point deduction, but this is suspended on the condition they do not breach any further regulations this season.

The financially-troubled club have been blighted by off-the-field issues for much of the 2019-20 season and the latest non-payment of wages applies to February.

That was the fourth time this season that they have paid players' salaries late.

Earlier in the season, Macclesfield were forced to field a mixture of youth team players and loanees in their FA Cup first-round tie with seventh-tier Kingstonian after the first team refused to play having not been paid on time. They went on to lose 4-0 at home.

The players then refused to turn out against Crewe on 7 December citing concerns over their emotional wellbeing, before failing to fulfil the fixture with Plymouth on 21 December.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 09, 2020 2:50 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Maybe (just maybe) this may make some Sky Sports customers to ask them selves how much they have missed the televised games. And consider the cost.

There is no comparison between watching on tv and attending a match live and in person. Going to the ground wins it for me every time and hopefully a few more will feel the same and get down to their local club.

What if you’re a sky sports customer who also goes to games? There’s no televised game at 3pm on a Saturday. I don’t quite see your point.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat May 09, 2020 3:53 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Maybe (just maybe) this may make some Sky Sports customers to ask them selves how much they have missed the televised games. And consider the cost.

What if you’re a sky sports customer who also goes to games? There’s no televised game at 3pm on a Saturday. I don’t quite see your point.

No but there are games that kick off at 1.00pm and 5pm. You can't watch them and still go to your local team unless you live on Lord Street etc.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sat May 09, 2020 4:44 pm

Bored with the whole situation, call it a day now.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 09, 2020 5:50 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

No but there are games that kick off at 1.00pm and 5pm. You can't watch them and still go to your local team unless you live on Lord Street etc.

I do every week, when we’re at home, and I live in first town.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun May 10, 2020 11:28 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I live in woodhouse and watch both matches. Plus stilll get to stags by 5 to 3.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun May 10, 2020 12:46 pm

I think the EFL is all but over for this season and maybe this year.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue May 12, 2020 6:55 am

'It's football Jim, but not as we know it',
Would be what Spock'd probably say when it does go ahead behind closed doors. It'll as all live sport not be able to keep on going without crowds. They should can it till the whole country is free from the virus. That could mean axeing next season too. We teeter on a knife's edge now, better a short term loss for long term gain. Could well mean suspending Champs league etc until Europe itself is virus free. That could well take years. Certainly with the announcement of 14 days quarantine for anyone coming from abroad it'd play havoc to seasons.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am

Danny Rose (Newcastle) has got a point. Can’t see any football happening if that’s how lots of football players feel.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum