{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Will you attend a football match without being vaccinated?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Will you attend a football match without being vaccinate

Postby Big yella » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:45 am

chip63 wrote:Safe standing would solve the seating problem but not access and exit.

No it wouldn't for the exact same reasons SPBS has pointed out. In fact it would be worse as safe standing has a bar in front of everyone so even the fittest amongst us wouldn't be able to climb into the next row to get to the toilet.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Cheshire Stag » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:24 am

If people are reluctant (or not allowed) to attend football matches how can clubs survive without revenue.
Supporting the club by watching on Ifollow is surely the way forward.
As for meaningless matches to complete the season, does this mean there is no entertainment value in these matches?
Maybe we'll get to see our promising youngsters get an opportunity. I'd like to see that.
Cheshire Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:49 am

Cheshire Stag wrote:If people are reluctant (or not allowed) to attend football matches how can clubs survive without revenue.
Supporting the club by watching on Ifollow is surely the way forward.
As for meaningless matches to complete the season, does this mean there is no entertainment value in these matches?
Maybe we'll get to see our promising youngsters get an opportunity. I'd like to see that.

I think as things stand that is the sensible option.

At least it would be a way of supporting the club and getting something in return.

Having been starved of football for several weeks I would welcome even the "meaningless" games.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Folk wouldn't be able to get to their seat in a row and keep the safe distance anyway.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:26 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Are we starting to talk about mandatory vaccinations? Sounds like a slippery slope to me

I don't think that they will be mandatory. If you choose not to have one, you stay in quarantine until the virus is deemed eradicated (which could be years!). You may need to carry a vaccination card, or have the like on your phone. If challenged by police when in a public place, no vaccination = jail. It's not mandatory, you could stay at home instead.
But you really couldn't allow unvaccinated people into a football ground, for instance. Whether an antibody test is the equivalent of a vaccination is another issue.

The conclusion from that is that stadiums will have to remain empty until vaccination certificates are available. The seats are so crammed together that I don't see any practical way of opening them under social distancing rules. Even if only every third seat can be used, the rows in front would have to be empty. And getting in and out of the stadium is problematic, not to mention the toilets.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:13 pm

If stadiums are to remain empty, as seems the conclusion from the above replies, how will MTFC and the rest of league 1 and 2 clubs survive? I Follow cannot compensate for all the lost revenue, and no, i don`t have an answer apart from people accepting the risk factor and that is a very strange thing to contemplate when planning on going to a football match.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Adam H » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:13 pm

A vaccine is surely years off. The route out is more likely to be more effective treatment of the condition.

If there’s an increased chance of bringing it back to my families I am going to be very wary of crowded places so I can’t see me rushing back unfortunately.
Adam H
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Minky123 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:34 pm

Yes
Minky123
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby FarnieStag » Sun May 03, 2020 2:16 pm

Spanish flu, Asian flu, Hong Kong flu... All claimed at least tens of thousands of lives and very very few sporting events cancelled.
Man up everyone. When lockdown is over just get out and live again... There is more of a chance of being hit by a bus than coronavirus killing you. Tin hat at the ready
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun May 03, 2020 2:30 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Spanish flu, Asian flu, Hong Kong flu... All claimed at least tens of thousands of lives and very very few sporting events cancelled.
Man up everyone. When lockdown is over just get out and live again... There is more of a chance of being hit by a bus than coronavirus killing you. Tin hat at the ready

That's an amazing statistic!!!

I never realised our public transport system killed so many people on a daily basis. However do they fit all of those inquests in?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun May 03, 2020 2:36 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Spanish flu, Asian flu, Hong Kong flu... All claimed at least tens of thousands of lives and very very few sporting events cancelled.

More folk died of Covid-19 in two April days than the whole of last years road deaths. So there isn’t more chance. Hopefully none of your close relatives die as a result of the virus. Then again you’ll just man up!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Sun May 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Cassells... I've aired a different point of view to most on here and you've mentioned a member of my family dying (though I accept hypothetically). It seems that democracy and difference of opinion is coming to an end.
Anyone who questions whether total lockdown is necessary is looked upon with unfair contempt. We all accept that it's a horrible disease, but I feel that more people are dying of other things as a result of coronaphobia.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun May 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Very interested what you base your views on?

I do think there is a need to consider the impact of lockdown on things like mental health.

This is a killer particularly for older people. If your of the view that this is just like flu my response would be - it’s people like you that are responsible for the spread. As a matter of interest are you following lock down rules?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 03, 2020 3:39 pm

I don't want to get into the merits and disadvantages of "lockdown".l just want to point out the chance of " just getting out and living again" is likely to be a very long way off. Coming out of
"lockdown" will be measured and slow. Getting back to "normal" life is a long way off.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 03, 2020 3:41 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

I don't want to get into the merits and disadvantages of "lockdown".l just want to point out the chance of " just getting out and living again" is likely to be a very long way off. Coming out of
"lockdown" will be measured and slow. Getting back to "normal" life is a long way off.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 03, 2020 4:18 pm

The expert has spoken. Just man up everyone, it'll be fine :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Sun May 03, 2020 4:20 pm

yorkstag wrote:Very interested what you base your views on?

I do think there is a need to consider the impact of lockdown on things like mental health.

This is a killer particularly for older people. If your of the view that this is just like flu my response would be - it’s people like you that are responsible for the spread. As a matter of interest are you following lock down rules?

I'm working in a Covid 19 centre 7 days a week in Lincoln so I'm very much on the frontline and unfortunately can't follow lockdown rules.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 03, 2020 4:22 pm

FarnieStag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Very interested what you base your views on?

I'm working in a Covid 19 centre 7 days a week in Lincoln so I'm very much on the frontline and unfortunately can't follow lockdown rules.

If you work in a covid centre 7 days a week, why would you tell people to simply man up? You might die, or your family might also be in danger so someone who would've seen it first hand would not be telling people to get over it. I smell bull
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Sun May 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Bizarre comment without knowing me. We are working 7 days a week 7am till 2pm, there are at least 2 other stags fans there. Not working there as an angel or voluntary .. I'm self employed and have bills to pay.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun May 03, 2020 5:34 pm

And I am eternally grateful for the work you are doing - sincerely

It does however make your irrational comments v strange

You haven’t answered my question. What do you base your view on?

I’m not being confrontational just genuinely interested
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun May 03, 2020 5:45 pm

yorkstag wrote:And I am eternally grateful for the work you are doing - sincerely

It does however make your irrational comments v strange

You haven’t answered my question. What do you base your view on?

I’m not being confrontational just genuinely interested

I also find his comments strange as well.

We’ve lost on average nearly 700 extra people (of all ages) a day for the last 5/6 weeks against a disease people are telling us to man up over. This while also being under the greatest ever lockdown posted on this country since WW2. Imagine what the figures would be if a lockdown had never been imposed and we just manned up and got on with it ???
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun May 03, 2020 6:37 pm

Farnie has a point about lockdown.

My brother is a surgeon in Glasgow. Forth Valley Royal ICU capacity: 20 normally, expanded to 30 currently. Current ICU patients 7, 5 of them have covid. Current survival rate from intubated patients in Forth Valley 0. Local testing facilities running at less than 25%. Currently ALL surgery for bowel cancer cancelled... 40ish Glasgow patients on hold. Surgeons keen to crack on but can't.

some pretty urgent and life saving surgery has been cancelled to buy ventilators. Ventilators only seem to have less than a 50% chance of working. So they bought lots of ventilators they dont need that dont work anyway. So on that evidence, why, if proven surgical procedures can't go ahead and people with cancer can't have their critical surgery.

Thankfully, due to lockdown the Nhs has more than coped, only 19 beds used at the Nightingale in London. However the standard of care for everyone else is poor and economy about to plunge half the country into poverty and associated premature deaths likely to rise.

Before covid19, the difference between socially deprived areas and affluent in uk had a gap of 9yrs life expectancy. I'll just be interested to see how much covid widens that gap in life expectancy through economic matters, ie increase in violent crime, drug use, mental health, marriage breakdowns etc as a result of employment impacts if the recession is as bad as feared it will be.

For a moment, let's not think on an individual basis, but from a societal basis. If Lockdown causes a huge recession that plunges half of the uk into poverty for 20yrs, how many years of life lost overall? And it'll be the young who suffer most from this recession. Whereas covid tends to get the elderly worse. Its a horrible political conundrum. But i cant get angry with politicians about this. They have to be doing something to protect life now, but at what point does the future of the country take precedence?

Total buggers muddle.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Sun May 03, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi Yorkstag

Firstly, in hindsight my manning up comment was rash and I apologise if I upset anyone, particularly anyone who has lost loved ones.

I do though genuinely believe that if you are otherwise fit and well then you have more of a chance of having an accident or incident on the way to or at Field Mill than you have of contracting the virus at Field Mill and dying from it. Providing of course some practical distancing measures are in place and more importantly adequate handwash.

I feel that as a result of entering lockdown there will be more that die as a result of late diagnose of cancers, heart defects and strokes etc, as well as increased suicides due to financial woes and other general mental issues. Young children desperately need to be back at school before the end of the summer term, these are vital formation years and it's unhealthy for them to be away from their friends.

Also the next generation will be paying for decades. Jobs will be much scarcer and tax bills higher. The older generation have generous pensions and took advantage of low house prices... something the younger generation can only dream of (especially now)

Even the WHO are now looking at Sweden's response more favourbly. They have had far more Covid deaths than their Nordic neighbours but believe that they have saved more lives in the long run (again by keeping cancer appointments, and mental health treatment) by not locking down entirely.

If you and others are waiting for a vaccine then you could be in for long long wait, and it may never come. Do you stay in lockdown forever?

In answer to why would I put myself and family at risk by working in a Covid test centre. Well, someone has to do it. The cars that come onto the site at the Lincs showground all have windows up as they drive across the site (which is huge). We are outdoors in the Lincolnshire winds (which the virus doesn't like) and we have PPE if anywhere near a car when the test is being carried out. It's not my dream job but it's something that needs to be done and it's paying the bills.

I apologise again if I caused offence by my rash manning up comment (not my finest hour). I genuinely respect the views of all those that passionately disagree with me, but just feel that other views/opinions should also be heard. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

Love and peace, Rob
Last edited by FarnieStag on Sun May 03, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun May 03, 2020 7:06 pm

You haven’t caused offence and I do understand the risk reward argument.

Thanks for the detailed response. Thanks again and stay safe
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 03, 2020 7:08 pm

I get the bit about people lives being put in jeopardy due to cancellations of operations. Also people with life threatening conditions are not seeking treatment as they are afraid to attend hospital as they see them currently as harbingers of the virus.

I think the Nightingale hospitals should be utilised now for all those who become victims of the virus and need hospital treatment. As such these patients arn't allowed visitors, so it wouldn't matter so much where they were hospitalised.

That would then leave the hospitals to get back to what they were doing before the outbreak. I think it would also encourage the public to seek the treatment they need, as they would perceive their local hospital to be safer.

Otherwise, once we get back to normal ( or the new normal ), there will be a mad rush for medical treatment. The waiting lists will be worse than ever.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum