{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Start again aug/sept

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Start again aug/sept

Postby daddycool » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:03 pm

France has cancelled all football and other sports till sept . Sounds about right to me /Maybe mid August ,get this mess cleared up ( hopefully ) . And start again.
Share any prize money equally from this season .
Thoughts
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Re: Start again aug/sept

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:04 pm

daddycool wrote:France has cancelled all football and other sports till sept . Sounds about right to me /Maybe mid August ,get this mess cleared up ( hopefully ) . And start again.
Share any prize money equally from this season .
Thoughts

Prize money’s shared anyway.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:12 pm

I can’t see any competitive football being played this year, as soon as we’re let out there will be another spike, and another lockdown.

Repeat until we’ve all had it, or there is a vaccine.

I’d love to be proved wrong though :(
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:18 pm

We're DOOMED a'll tell thee, DOOMED!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:39 am

Beano wrote:I can’t see any competitive football being played this year, as soon as we’re let out there will be another spike, and another lockdown.

Repeat until we’ve all had it, or there is a vaccine.

I’d love to be proved wrong though :(

If that's the case then pick up this season from where it was left off, and let the seasons fall back into their natural progression.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:44 am

Next season has as much of a chance as this season in getting finished imo. It would make more sense to get this one finished within the calendar year. The virus will keep hitting the ‘r’ value of 1 and above as soon as shops and cafes reopen. It’s happening in those countries that have had small scale reopenings. Until a vaccine has been proved successful, how can next season even be in the thought process? It’s got zero chance without a vaccine of being completed again. Easier to finish 10-12 games than another 50-60 imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:11 am

I don't think it is economically viable to play a lot of games behind closed doors as most clubs would be running at huge losses which can only lead to more going bust.

It could be that football has to accept that it is facing as long as a year in shutdown. That may seem harsh but the alternative could be clubs failing to meet fixtures and dropping out in droves anyway. There is no easy answer and someone is going to have to study finances in fine detail. They also need to do some customer research into realistic numbers who are likely to want to pay for TV games only as I don't think the uptake will be anywhere near what some think.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 am

As time goes on we'll know from other countries' experiences how far we can open up the UK. We have the advantage of being a couple of weeks behind most European countries and can learn from their actions.

On an optimistic note, it's possible that stadiums could open to spectators again this year: maybe with compulsory mask-wearing and alternate seats (and possibly rows) left empty. With strong warnings for anyone particularly vulnerable to stay away, and anyone with symptoms likewise. It would be a bit limiting for those who like to shout support (or abuse) from the stands, but that's a small price to pay for live football with a bit of atmosphere.

Yes, the virus may spread again to some extent, but with these measures, general social distancing, and a better understanding of how it spreads, it may be a reasonable compromise. We have to accept that we can't get rid of it entirely without a vaccination programme, and also that we can't stay in lockdown for months more - that would take an increasing toll on those who haven't even contracted the virus. Lockdown isn't a safe place, it can only be a temporary measure to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed with serious cases.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri May 01, 2020 10:30 am

Well over here we are starting our phased de escalation ,i am now allowed out to excersise for 1hour a day between the hours of 6am till 10 am or 7pm till 9 pm and i have to stay within 1km of my home but i think its going in the right direction the spanish fa are hoping to play games behind closed doors ,hope uk takes it very steady in opening up again as i think its been a bit lax according to the media ive seen ,onwards and upwards
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 01, 2020 11:49 am

We are assuming the players will want to play. According to the Premiership players, many don't want to resume.

As the scientists are saying, this situation is a marathon not a sprint.

Sadly I can't see the season starting anytime this year.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri May 01, 2020 12:29 pm

spanishstag wrote:Well over here we are starting our phased de escalation ,i am now allowed out to excersise for 1hour a day between the hours of 6am till 10 am or 7pm till 9 pm and i have to stay within 1km of my home but i think its going in the right direction the spanish fa are hoping to play games behind closed doors ,hope uk takes it very steady in opening up again as i think its been a bit lax according to the media ive seen ,onwards and upwards

You’ve relaxed restrictions and your death rate has gone up. Just shows what will happen here!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri May 01, 2020 1:10 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Well over here we are starting our phased de escalation ,i am now allowed out to excersise for 1hour a day between the hours of 6am till 10 am or 7pm till 9 pm and i have to stay within 1km of my home but i think its going in the right direction the spanish fa are hoping to play games behind closed doors ,hope uk takes it very steady in opening up again as i think its been a bit lax according to the media ive seen ,onwards and upwards

You’ve relaxed restrictions and your death rate has gone up. Just shows what will happen here!!!

Its on a downward curve ,we are experiencing around 300 deaths a day ,whereas it was up near a 1000 a day a few weeks ago, also remember the uk ,lockdown has been less severe ,so hopefully when they de escalate the results may not be so adverse
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri May 01, 2020 3:53 pm

spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Its on a downward curve ,we are experiencing around 300 deaths a day ,whereas it was up near a 1000 a day a few weeks ago, also remember the uk ,lockdown has been less severe ,so hopefully when they de escalate the results may not be so adverse

Glad it’s on a downward slope.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum