{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Will you attend a football match without being vaccinated?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Will you attend a football match without being vaccinated?

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:55 am

There is talk that:-

a) 2019/20 season will be cancelled.

b) 2020/21 season may not start until October.

Question.

Would you attend a match in the future without first being vaccinated against Covid-19?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Re: Will you attend a football match without being vaccinate

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:25 am

Will you go to the pub without being vaccinated?

Will you attend any ‘crowded function’ without being vaccinated?

Will their be any side effects to the vaccine?

For me, it’s too early to say. Though I will say that I won’t be watching behind closed doors games on I-follow or any other platform. I will wait until we are better informed and guided.

Come on you Stags - whenever that may be.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:47 am

Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:49 am

I tend to agree with Sparky about behind doors games. I now only watch football on tv if it involves the stags or England, the rest just doesn't do it apart from maybe cup games involving minnows.

I certainly wouldn't spend £10 on a totally meaningless game just to see the season out. If you bought every game that would be £120 and plenty of ear ache from the missus. That may change if this season was abandoned and a new meaningful season started as I could see a purpose for that.

I can't see ifollow money being enough to keep clubs afloat as there would be no revenue from food drink etc.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:02 am

I've been to cheaterfield without having proper vaccinations.
It was a risk I was prepared to take.
I wouldn't go to the stags if I thought I could take home a killer virus to my family and friends.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:30 am

Wait and see but I will be cautious for a long time.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:35 am

Surely you have just got to wash your hands before you pick your nose.

I know that might be a bit difficult for some of us. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Will you go to the pub without being vaccinated?

For me, it’s too early to say. Though I will say that I won’t be watching behind closed doors games on I-follow or any other platform. I will wait until we are better informed and guided.

Not really an answer is it.

Obviously the vaccine has to be effective or its of no use.

As for the pub, no I won't

As for crowded anywhere, no I won't.

As for the One Call, much as I hate saying it, no I won't.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:47 am

I’m really struggling to see how a massive proportion of the entertainment industry is going to recover from this.

Pubs, Cinemas, concert venues etc are either going to be in forced lockdown, or boycotted due to fear for many many months to come.

Shops and workplaces appear to be able to adopt “safe” practices, but many of the places that rely on group/mass gatherings are unlikely to survive.

Clubs like County that are bumping their gums about missing out on the playoffs aren’t really seeing the big picture. There is a real chance that a number of clubs will have to simply shut up shop. :cry:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:38 am

The only answer is a properly tested, effective vaccine.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:51 pm

oldweststander wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Will you go to the pub without being vaccinated?

Not really an answer is it.

Obviously the vaccine has to be effective or its of no use.

As for the pub, no I won't

As for crowded anywhere, no I won't.

As for the One Call, much as I hate saying it, no I won't.

The same here.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:46 pm

The whole 2020 calendar year will be void of live crowds imo and possibly longer. The top division seem hell bent on finishing this season rather than starting next, so it’s going to rumble on for months. No way we will be attending the mill until a vaccine is routine for everyone or it’s safe to do so.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:53 pm

Are we starting to talk about mandatory vaccinations? Sounds like a slippery slope to me
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:26 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Are we starting to talk about mandatory vaccinations? Sounds like a slippery slope to me

That never entered my mind when posting my original question.

But now you ask, yes if he rids our country of this vicious disease and same goes for visitors, no vac, no entry.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Depends on several things, mainly our levels of testing by that point. In the current climate? No I would not. But in 6 months we may be in a much better place in terms of testing so possibly.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:58 pm

I think for John’s letter to the EFL stating revenues could be 50% lower next season tells us all what the industry thinks.
Until there’s a safe way to attend, not just for us but for our communities and the nhs there’s no way that we’ll be allowed to go to matches.
I’m not sure if this will be a vaccine or whether we’ll get answers from other nations that relax their regulations.
As for watching on iFollow etc. its probably the best of a load of bad options for me.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:04 pm

I would watch the stags on i-follow.Possibly a few other games on sky.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 pm

I am trying to imagine how a crowd at a football match could be managed to ensure social distancing.Given that Field Mill officially holds around 9,000, would it be possible to sell every other seat? Could the queue to get in be distanced? Sweden seems to think it can trust it`s population to attend games and behave in the appropriate way, not sure we are that capable, or am i under-estimating the general intelligence of the people?
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:52 pm

garlic wrote:I am trying to imagine how a crowd at a football match could be managed to ensure social distancing.Given that Field Mill officially holds around 9,000, would it be possible to sell every other seat? Could the queue to get in be distanced? Sweden seems to think it can trust it`s population to attend games and behave in the appropriate way, not sure we are that capable, or am i under-estimating the general intelligence of the people?

I don't think every other seat would be considered far enough apart, probably every 3rd or 4th seat, and also only alternate rows as well.
So in a block of, for instance, 10 rows of 20 seats, you would immediately lose half the seats from the alternate rows, and the other 10 rows would only sell 5 (every 4th seat) or 7 (every 3rd seat). This would mean selling 50 to 70 seats out of every 200, giving a maximum capacity of between 2250 and 3150.
Then there would be the difficulty of 'policing' the seating arrangements. If a group came in and all tried to sit together, how would the stewards separate them or eject them from the ground without putting themselves, and possibly others, at risk ?
Throw in the difficulty of toilets, refreshments, etc, at half time, and then the emptying of the ground at full time, and it really is a logistical nightmare.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:59 pm

garlic wrote:I am trying to imagine how a crowd at a football match could be managed to ensure social distancing.Given that Field Mill officially holds around 9,000, would it be possible to sell every other seat? Could the queue to get in be distanced? Sweden seems to think it can trust it`s population to attend games and behave in the appropriate way, not sure we are that capable, or am i under-estimating the general intelligence of the people?

Garlic selling available seats at the appropriate distance won't be an issue - the club can stop them being made available. However if two metres is to be applied it would be at least 2 rows and 3 seats apart for everyone (remember Haslam built the West Stand like a battery hen coop so thats probably only a metre apart at that).

The issue will be season ticket holders (which include myself) as the vast majority of season tickets are purchased in very similar blocks. Applying social distancing measures and reallocating people to other seats (presumably still taking into consideration people of the same household that can sit together) will make it a challenge. Unless the seating plan is based on new season ticket sales only which is the most plausible avenue.

The then leaves the question as to how many tickets would then be available for general sale based on the uptake of season tickets.

Not to mention the scramble for the toilets at half time and exit at full time :lol:

Far too many questions before we even get this point however unfortunately one point that is clear is that we won't be back watching live football anytime soon. January may even be a push.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:34 am

Stags 2002 wrote:

Garlic selling available seats at the appropriate distance won't be an issue - the club can stop them being made available. However if two metres is to be applied it would be at least 2 rows and 3 seats apart for everyone (remember Haslam built the West Stand like a battery hen coop so thats probably only a metre apart at that).

The issue will be season ticket holders (which include myself) as the vast majority of season tickets are purchased in very similar blocks. Applying social distancing measures and reallocating people to other seats (presumably still taking into consideration people of the same household that can sit together) will make it a challenge. Unless the seating plan is based on new season ticket sales only which is the most plausible avenue.

The then leaves the question as to how many tickets would then be available for general sale based on the uptake of season tickets.

Not to mention the scramble for the toilets at half time and exit at full time :lol:

Far too many questions before we even get this point however unfortunately one point that is clear is that we won't be back watching live football anytime soon. January may even be a push.

At this point in time it's a non starter.

Some valid points above. Maybe just allowing home fans would create more space as the away end could be used for home fans. Only fair to let the current season ticket holders and then the QL members in that order have priority ( for the remainder of this season ).

Those attending should be strictly following the safety guidelines put in place. Once apparent what the safety measures are fans could decide whether they are comfortable with them.

Personally, even as someone missing my Saturdays at the One Call, it's quite a way down my current list of priorities.,
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:21 am

It'd be a nightmare. You'd need minimum of 4 seats between each household (chose that word because if I were to take my kids we could all sit next to each other). Nobody would be able to use any of the end seats of the rows to maintain distance for users of the stairs. That 4 seat rule would count for the rows in front as well.

The club would have to find out how many people are sitting together because that will affect available seats to sell.

Then when it comes to half time it's another logistical nightmare. Full time again a nightmare.

Best thing that the club can do is have no away fans. Season ticket/membersjip card holders only. Open the North stand for home fans with the above tickets. Offer season ticket holders free match codes for ifollow if they choose to stay at home.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:53 am

All of the above is fine until someone needs to go to the toilet. They would either have to climb onto an unoccupied row or if they physically can't, the whole row would have to filter out to let them pass. No room in the aisles for this to happen though.

Maybe it's not as straight forward as it seems. An answer may be to take odd seats out to allow access to occupied rows.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 am

I'm sure the Commercial Department will be selling MTFC face masks.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:11 am

Safe standing would solve the seating problem but not access and exit.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum