{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Total stadium shutdown announced

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Total stadium shutdown announced

Postby spanishstag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:03 pm

I live right next door to a natural park ,where normally i can walk for miles without seeing a soul ,but we have been told to stay within the confines of our own house ,unless absolutely necessary so i obey the rules ,they dont mess about over here .What i cannot get my head around is that we are told that our symptoms should not be much worse than a bad flu ,but in my whole life i have never seen a situation like this ,for ,and i m not trying to trivialise this 200.000 deaths in the world when the annual flu season claims that many worldwide virtually every year .Either we are not being told everything or its a panic like never before i really dont know
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Dan wrote:
adamstag wrote:They “advised” against going to the pub.

I took that on board and decided I would still go.

Unless I’m instructed not to go -which I haven’t - I can choose to do what I like.

The reason Boris has only ‘advised’ is because if he tells you to stop going the pubs can claim on their insurance.

As for going to Asda etc Jack like Jamie says it’s a necessary evil to feed your family. Plus how many pubs do you know the size of Asda? You could have 100 people in Asda & they’d be nowhere near each other. You could have 25 people in a pub all breathing/coughing over each other spreading the virus to each other.

Except its not 100 people in ASDA is it Dan. I called in after finishing work at 9pm last night, a thing I do every night when on afters, and there wasn't a pint of milk to be had, not a loaf of bread, not one egg, no pasta, no toilet roll, kitchen towel etc. There were only a dozen trolleys in the bay outside and the place was as full as any Saturday afternoon. The shelves aren't that empty at Christmas when I go in at that time. That hasn't happened with a hundred people in there, it has taken thousands in there all day. That is just as idiotic as going for a pint.

Work places are laying people off left right and centre yet Oak Tree Tesco have gone on an emergency recruitment drive. Even more people in there.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:06 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:11 pm

Its not hard maximum say 50 people in the store security outside ,then 1 out 1 in no more than 2 of each product ,in fact they are only letting one person ,not couples in here ,same as in the car no couples unless as a carer
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:42 pm

spanishstag wrote:I live right next door to a natural park ,where normally i can walk for miles without seeing a soul ,but we have been told to stay within the confines of our own house ,unless absolutely necessary so i obey the rules ,they dont mess about over here .What i cannot get my head around is that we are told that our symptoms should not be much worse than a bad flu ,but in my whole life i have never seen a situation like this ,for ,and i m not trying to trivialise this 200.000 deaths in the world when the annual flu season claims that many worldwide virtually every year .Either we are not being told everything or its a panic like never before i really dont know

The news here said that if we didn’t social distance here there would be an extra 250,000 deaths and that’s why Boris changed his advice.

I took that as just in the UK and if you multiply that by every country it’s a lot of people.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Could be good news i hope

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-malar ... rus-study/

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:42 pm

Out of curiousity why does the coronavirus thing have the @ sign in front of it.

Is it expected to reply when copied in?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:57 pm

adamstag wrote:Out of curiousity why does the coronavirus thing have the @ sign in front of it.

it's a hashtag, not an @. For anyone who doesn't use twitter, this explains their use: https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitt ... e-hashtags
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:06 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Could be good news i hope

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-malar ... rus-study/

I wouldn't get too carried away, this drug what what I can read (& I haven't dug to any great depth) appears to be helpful in treating the pneumonia complications rather than the virus.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:12 pm

Do not use Twitter so is this true ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:19 pm

The One wrote:Do not use Twitter so is this true ?

the story is here: https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-malar ... rus-study/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
adamstag wrote:Out of curiousity why does the coronavirus thing have the @ sign in front of it.

it's a hashtag, not an @. For anyone who doesn't use twitter, this explains their use: https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitt ... e-hashtags

can tell someone's been to the pub :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:29 pm

The One wrote:Do not use Twitter so is this true ?

Wildly over stated I'd suggest. Trump trying to take credit for something that has apparently been doing the rounds for a while.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Millions more die of maleria and malnutrition in the third world and we never batted an eyelid.. Now a disease that is only dangerous to a very few in the wealthy cacooned West all hell breaks loose.. In a month or two when all this has fizzled out I hope as a society we all take a good long hard look at ourselves and become a less materialistic greedy selfish country.
How the hell only a couple of generations ago we lived with rationing and sacrifice to defeat the Nazis God only knows
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:21 pm

steiner wrote:Millions more die of maleria and malnutrition in the third world and we never batted an eyelid.. Now a disease that is only dangerous to a very few in the wealthy cacooned West all hell breaks loose.. In a month or two when all this has fizzled out I hope as a society we all take a good long hard look at ourselves and become a less materialistic greedy selfish country.
How the hell only a couple of generations ago we lived with rationing and sacrifice to defeat the Nazis God only knows

Good point.

On a 'good' day 21,000 people die of starvation world wide. 9,000,000 a year, year in year out.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:26 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

can tell someone's been to the pub :lol:

Well yeah :P , however I’ve never used Twitter.

It just appears to be a crapper version of Facebook
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:52 pm

I take Hydroxychloroquine every day. Hope it turns out to be true.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:00 pm

:) British scientists discover antibody offering hope of coronavirus treatment
A powerful antibody which could neutralise coronavirus has been discovered by British scientists in the blood of a patient who recovered from Sars, offering hope of a treatment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ronavirus/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:06 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:And what if it's absolutely essential I go to the pub

You’re a weapons grade dick.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:31 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I take Hydroxychloroquine every day. Hope it turns out to be true.

Trump said it’s only truly effective as H with A. And he’s the expert you know :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum