{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Support Fund

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Support Fund

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:08 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8112491/Dagenham-chief-fears-lower-league-clubs-business-coronavirus.html

Exactly as I said in my earlier post. The PL FA and Sky need to come together to help out the smaller professional clubs to save this great sport of ours.
The cost to them would be a drop in the ocean.
Come on you people who run our sport. GET REAL !!!
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:22 am

I have just seen on twitter that Mez isn't being paid?!

Can we still start something to help staff out? Mez should be paid, don't understand why he isn't
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:48 am

Sedgwick wrote:I have just seen on twitter that Mez isn't being paid?!

Can we still start something to help staff out? Mez should be paid, don't understand why he isn't

Could this be an indication that the powers that be have already decided that this season isn't going to resume any time soon?

As we are now coming into the grass growing season, the pitch will very quickly become overgrown and you would have thought it would need attention to stop it deteriorating and then requiring a lot of work to get it up to scratch. I would have thought a cut a week was the bare minimum to maintain it. Lt. appears that is not going to happen if Mez has been laid off.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:02 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

Could this be an indication that the powers that be have already decided that this season isn't going to resume any time soon?

As we are now coming into the grass growing season, the pitch will very quickly become overgrown and you would have thought it would need attention to stop it deteriorating and then requiring a lot of work to get it up to scratch. I would have thought a cut a week was the bare minimum to maintain it. Lt. appears that is not going to happen if Mez has been laid off.

Hes not been laid off, but with the ground closed he can't exactly work from home can he? Just seems odd that costs are being covered but not for ground staff
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 am

Sedgwick wrote:

Hes not been laid off, but with the ground closed he can't exactly work from home can he? Just seems odd that costs are being covered but not for ground staff

I understand that but my point is that if he is not at work the pitch (probably the most important part of the ground) is not being maintained. Anyone with a garden knows that as soon as you don't maintain it Mother Nature takes over and it's a hell of a job to get it back under control. Football pitches are not exempt from this and even my artificial turf needs regular weeding because of airborne seeds and those dropped by birds.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:21 am

Chelsea FC have offered free accommodation for NHS staff at their hotel.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:19 am

So the Mez situation takes us back to the original thread purpose. Is anyone setting anything up to help? I’ve got no idea how to do it! I’m sure if he’s in that situation there are a few others, the industry as a whole has many freelance and zero hours staff.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Seems no one's bothered... Very poor from this lot.

Btw I'm looking into th best way to set something up in yh little time I have, but it doesn't seem like there is the support.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Seems no one's bothered... Very poor from this lot.

Btw I'm looking into th best way to set something up in yh little time I have, but it doesn't seem like there is the support.

Mate you're expecting people to commit funds to help others when they don't know their own futures are secure. I work at Linney, one of the towns biggest and most secure employers, and I've been sent home early every day this week. The biggest volume of work for us at this time of year is the printing, storage and dispatch of exams and as of today we have lost that.

Having lost the equivalent of a days wage already this week and only worse to come how much do you suggest I commit? Can you guarantee I get it back if things get worse at my place of work?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Seems no one's bothered... Very poor from this lot.

Where are you supposedly looking at doing this as you’ve not mentioned it. Derby? Bristol? Manchester? Barrow?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:20 am

It's going to cost man Utd 1 million pounds to pay all ground staff til the end of season and they are doing.
The owners are multi millionaires..
I don't know the cost of paying our ground staff til the end of season but our owners are millionaires.
The lowest paid workers in this country are being laid off. Bar staff waitresses etc...
They need to feed their children and pay a rent.
You get 3 months mortgage relief if your lucky enough to own a house but they will get nothing for rent.
Have 2 houses coming up for sale and estate agent said the sales are dead but his worst job is telling everyone who phones that you must pay the rent or your out.
Let's start helping those that need it most first please.
The day that John or Carolyn ask for our help to pay the wages, I just might try and help if I can and no others need it more.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:05 am

That is great to hear :clap: :clap:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Where’s the evidence that Mez isn’t being paid ? I thought the owners said they’d cover all wages ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

The ground is closed to the public. There’s no reason (presently) why maintenance shouldn’t take place.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:23 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

The ground is closed to the public. There’s no reason (presently) why maintenance shouldn’t take place.

No there isn't but if you read above Mez (who I must assume to be the one to maintain it) has been laid off and is currently not going in to work. I think it is therefore fair to assume that it is not in fact being maintained.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:25 pm

Strange decision to just leave the pitch, would have thought there would be enough work and maintenance to do around the pitch and ground etc.

Maybe, if everyone had been laid off there is a route for the government to pay out something.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:49 pm

You would have thought that Mez would be the one member of staff still fully employed, especially now we have the pitches at RH Academy as well as the two at the Wonk.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:04 pm

Can't you buy robotic mowers nowdays?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Spiritater wrote:Can't you buy robotic mowers nowdays?

Maybe we’re getting a goat :?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:19 am

So is there any confirmation that he’s not being paid ?

I somewhat doubt it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum