{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Total stadium shutdown announced

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Total stadium shutdown announced

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:55 am

The club has announced a total shutdown for at least 3 weeks including all bars, ticket office club shop and other facilities.

Seems a sensible thing to do but rough on those employed on a casual basis. I just hope the club are taking care of them.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Total stadium shutdown announced

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:20 pm

And yet the thousands in Center Parcs at the moment are happily passing it around, we're only playing at it!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:16 pm

very rough. one told me on monday she was really upset about the potential closure. She cannot afford to be without wages for the time of being off. Tough times to come for many. Hopefully humans come together
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm

Well everything barring supermarkets ,pharmacies ,and vital services are closed down over here ,cant believe bojo is leaving it up to people to decide if they go to the pub or not think within a week they will have to make them close Dont know how people are going to cope never mind football clubs ,no income whatsoever its frightening
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:04 pm

Got to keep the wheels turning. If the merry-go-round stops we're all raspberried regardless of location, industry, or job title.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:09 pm

cant believe bojo is leaving it up to people to decide if they go to the pub or not.

Absolutely, we are incapable of following advice and thinking for ourselves, we need to be told what to do.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Correction to that, we need to forced to do what is recommended,asking the public to act sensibly is a waste of breath.Shopping this morning it was like the last weekend before Christmas.How long before the government realise?
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:08 pm

BigGuy wrote:
cant believe bojo is leaving it up to people to decide if they go to the pub or not.

Absolutely, we are incapable of following advice and thinking for ourselves, we need to be told what to do.

And if they did that everyone would cry foul and moan about the draconian measures. He can't win.

France started off like this, advising people etc, yesterday they introduced far tougher measures with fines etc. We can probably expect that hear at some point.

Lets face it most of our fans wont even sit in the right seat when told, so what chance to we really have anyway.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:23 pm

I dont like whats going on ,but i have to accept it ,if people are given the choice they will do what they want ,i went shopping today on my own because of the restrictions ,all organized security only allow a certain amount in the supermarket at one time then one out one in,plenty of produce available then straight back to my house ,not great but not the end of the world
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:32 pm

BigGuy wrote:

Yes some people do ,because until restrictions are put in place ,the same greedy buggers will make sure they are ok and forget about the rest of society
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:02 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:And yet the thousands in Center Parcs at the moment are happily passing it around, we're only playing at it!!!!!

Not true! My wife works in Customer Services on the Park and all UK and Ireland Parks are now closed as of yesterday until further notice.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Jamie wrote:
BigGuy wrote:

And if they did that everyone would cry foul and moan about the draconian measures. He can't win.

France started off like this, advising people etc, yesterday they introduced far tougher measures with fines etc. We can probably expect that hear at some point.

Lets face it most of our fans wont even sit in the right seat when told, so what chance to we really have anyway.

"Most of our fans won't even sit in the right seat when told". Really Jamie! I accept we have some fans like that, but most ?

Regarding the new measures, people around where I live are following the advice because it makes sense. Neighbours are exchanging telephone numbers, in the event that if some are isolated others will do their shopping, collect prescription, walk their dogs etc.

I suspect the government are giving the advice and hoping the majority will follow it. If not enough are doing that, then it will become compulsory with less leeway.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:07 pm

stagone1959 wrote:Correction to that, we need to forced to do what is recommended,asking the public to act sensibly is a waste of breath.Shopping this morning it was like the last weekend before Christmas.How long before the government realise?

To put this in perspective there's around 13 -14 folk travelled to Salford this afternoon even though the game is off. Their excuse "weve paid for the hotel so still going to go out on the piss in Manchester, won't get our money back so we might as well still go"!

This is the mentality of the people in our society.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:52 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:And yet the thousands in Center Parcs at the moment are happily passing it around, we're only playing at it!!!!!

Not true! My wife works in Customer Services on the Park and all UK and Ireland Parks are now closed as of yesterday until further notice.

Still don't close officially until Friday??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Hyde United have set up virtual match day items such as tickets, programmes, food etc.

Great idea to keep them ticking over a little
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

Still don't close officially until Friday??

The Parcs are now officially closed, customers started leaving this morning and have been given a full refund. There are however a handful of people who have asked to stay until friday morning.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Hopefully humans come together

Absolutely. Be the change you want to see in the world. Give me £50.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:38 am

I understand that BoJo hasn't ordered people to not use pubs etc and left it in their own hands, because supposedly if he ordered folk to stay away, it allows businesses to then be able to claim on their insurances.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:16 am

stagmanrob wrote:I understand that BoJo hasn't ordered people to not use pubs etc and left it in their own hands, because supposedly if he ordered folk to stay away, it allows businesses to then be able to claim on their insurances.

reading between the lines of his speech yesterday. The government weren't quite in the position yet to offer the fallback loans for buisness etc. I imagine we'll see a full lockdown next week - especially if people just go about their normal business and not being sensible about where they go. ie just go shopping or chemist.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:49 pm

Boris's own father was on tele yesterday morning saying he would still go to the pub!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:06 pm

Dan wrote:Boris's own father was on tele yesterday morning saying he would still go to the pub!

I've had fungal infections that had more sense than Bozo & he's very much his father's son.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:43 pm

That post makes absolutely no sense.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Dan wrote:Boris's own father was on tele yesterday morning saying he would still go to the pub!

Just letting you know I’ve also been to the pub today.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:31 pm

Anyone not self isolating when they have the opportunity do so infuriates me. Any non essential outing should not be undertaken to stop the spread of the virus.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:50 pm

And what if it's absolutely essential I go to the pub
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Next