{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Support Fund

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Support Fund

Postby Martian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:52 pm

Has this been suggested anywhere - I know everyone is worried about their own circumstances and future - but I wonder whether maybe SSA or Stags Fans United might establish a fund to help the club a little through the difficult times ahead - one or two might have a little cash to spare given ongoing postponements - totally voluntary - every little bit helps
Last edited by Martian on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Support Fund

Postby chip63 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Luckily we have owners that can see this through.
I'm not so sure about many other clubs in all the leagues.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 pm

I need all my spare money for toilet roll.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:05 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I need all my spare money for toilet roll.

Toilet roll is so last week. I've been out panic buying sandbags & a crossbow to protect my stash of Chappie.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vera Duckworth » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Good idea and I would happy to contribute to that, we shouldn’t take the owners bankrolling us for granted
Vera Duckworth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:15 pm

It may be the players who need the handouts as there will be no bonuses for appearances, goals etc.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:46 am

Think a fund should be set up by the Premier League/Sky/FA to guarantee the loss of match day income based on average attendances this season for League 1 and below. The cost to them would be a drop in the ocean compared to the income they generate. The fund would cover all revenue lost by clubs on ticket sales, programmes refreshment sales etc. It would not be designed to help clubs who are poorly run by their greedy owners. This would preserve the integrity of the lower league professional game and preserve the future of the sport we all love.
This crisis is not going to go away very soon and they must act now. If we don’t play another match this season the season ticket holders will have made their contributions by way of forgoing the remaining home fixtures. I for one would not be requesting a refund.
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:42 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It may be the players who need the handouts as there will be no bonuses for appearances, goals etc.

And needing to put a full tank of gas in their 19 plate BMW ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:44 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It may be the players who need the handouts as there will be no bonuses for appearances, goals etc.

I think they’ll be fine, I’d imagine they’d be on between £1,000 - £4,000 a week.

I’d be thinking more about the match day staff
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:52 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

I think they’ll be fine, I’d imagine they’d be on between £1,000 - £4,000 a week.

I’d be thinking more about the match day staff

I don’t know if we do zero hours or pay per match type of contracts but it will be these people who feel it first. That said my employer will only pay statuary if I can’t work due to corona so even contracted people could be taking home less that you think.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:09 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:Think a fund should be set up by the Premier League/Sky/FA to guarantee the loss of match day income based on average attendances this season for League 1 and below. The cost to them would be a drop in the ocean compared to the income they generate. The fund would cover all revenue lost by clubs on ticket sales, programmes refreshment sales etc. It would not be designed to help clubs who are poorly run by their greedy owners. This would preserve the integrity of the lower league professional game and preserve the future of the sport we all love.
This crisis is not going to go away very soon and they must act now. If we don’t play another match this season the season ticket holders will have made their contributions by way of forgoing the remaining home fixtures. I for one would not be requesting a refund.

Depends what happens. It may be that there's a break until May and then the season continues through the summer, then we have a slight delay to the start of next season. The net effect would be a bit different from the usual summer break, but not too significant. Particularly bearing in mind that a lot of people might have to postpone their summer holidays anyway and will be looking for local entertainment.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:12 pm

Bradders wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:Think a fund should be set up by the Premier League/Sky/FA to guarantee the loss of match day income based on average attendances this season for League 1 and below. The cost to them would be a drop in the ocean compared to the income they generate. The fund would cover all revenue lost by clubs on ticket sales, programmes refreshment sales etc. It would not be designed to help clubs who are poorly run by their greedy owners. This would preserve the integrity of the lower league professional game and preserve the future of the sport we all love.

Depends what happens. It may be that there's a break until May and then the season continues through the summer, then we have a slight delay to the start of next season. The net effect would be a bit different from the usual summer break, but not too significant. Particularly bearing in mind that a lot of people might have to postpone their summer holidays anyway and will be looking for local entertainment.

This is not going to end ,forget the euros and tbh next season is not going to start in august in fact i think it may not start at all its chaos worldwide might as well forget footy for the next 6 months
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:47 am

Bradders wrote:

I very much doubt that there will be a resumption in May, June or July for that matter.

I think the fund is a good idea. Maybe half of what you would have paid to attend the game. I agree that season ticket owners will have already contributed. Also there will be some who unfortunately will be worse off financially, due to crisis, who won't be able to contribute.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:31 am

Sorry but a fund to help football clubs? So they can do what exactly. Give our money to already overpaid footballers? Anyone wishing to donate money should surely do so to those whose lives and being turned upside down. People who lose jobs etc.

Footballers should be helping their communities. Not the other way round. Some of you have some strange ideas but giving money to a football club in a time of national crisis is right up there.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 am

Jamie wrote:Sorry but a fund to help football clubs? So they can do what exactly. Give our money to already overpaid footballers? Anyone wishing to donate money should surely do so to those whose lives and being turned upside down. People who lose jobs etc.

Footballers should be helping their communities. Not the other way round. Some of you have some strange ideas but giving money to a football club in a time of national crisis is right up there.

This. Lots of footballers are putting something back though.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:29 am

are we wired up properly? (Jamie aside)

We have tax dodging multi-millionaire owners and young lads earning 3 grand a week and you want people on minimum wage to subsidise them!!

This is how far the right wing press and government has gone in brainwashing people!
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:38 am

Jamie wrote:Sorry but a fund to help football clubs? So they can do what exactly. Give our money to already overpaid footballers? Anyone wishing to donate money should surely do so to those whose lives and being turned upside down. People who lose jobs etc.

raspberry sake. I agree with Jamie.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:19 am

Richard Cranium wrote:

Completely agree with him. There's much more to worry about right now than football.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

Completely agree with him. There's much more to worry about right now than football.
Of course there is. I don't think anyone is denying that.

Whether that means you rule out helping your football club in difficult times, I'm not sure.

It doesn't mean you don't help in other areas.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:54 pm

spot on. People will be going off sick soon, relying on small amounts of sick pay whilst bills still need to be paid.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Chander Lear wrote:

spot on. People will be going off sick soon, relying on small amounts of sick pay whilst bills still need to be paid.
That's not new though is it? It's just that people going off sick is going to go off the scale. Perhaps when the numbers rocket it will give us more social empathy. Same can be said for Social Care.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Waggy wrote:are we wired up properly? (Jamie aside)

We have tax dodging multi-millionaire owners and young lads earning 3 grand a week and you want people on minimum wage to subsidise them!!

This is how far the right wing press and government has gone in brainwashing people!

Eh? Stay on track.

The idea isn’t good but it has nothing to do with the so called right wing press.

What emotive crap
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:50 pm

The current situation will be a huge opportunity for the richest in football to give something back, whether that be football club owners or multi point footballers.
I can see league 1 & 2 clubs becoming feeder clubs for the richest as they will take ownership of the little clubs.

We will be living in a very different world this time next year. Both in football and the wider world
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:39 pm

And we will all die at the turn of the millennium as planes crash and the whole civilised world crashes and burns.

No it isn't good but let's get a bit of perspective, the world will continue with just a hiccup. It isn't the Black Death, it's a new flu strain. Yes it is a serious one but we are not all doomed I tell you, not doomed.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martian » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:54 pm

interesting range of views - a hiccup or the black death. No one knows where this is going and we may all end up too desperate to save our own skins to really care about the club. But lets hope the club can keep the academy going anyway - cos that could well really be the future of the club. And we may well have to revisit whether community input is proportionate further down the line.
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum