{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Police

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:43 am

one f in mansfield wrote:http://www.thehotelend.co.uk/
Go to cobblers corner ,next up Mansfield visit , comments from the actual game start on page 3

I kept losing the Mansfield versions of I follow so I changed to Northants radio commentary They were extremely biased and constantly called stags players for diving and stopping play at every opportunity. Good to see a more balanced opinion from cobblers fans .

Seems to be a lot of love for Danny Rose on there ;)

At least some of their fans admit to their own players pantomime antics. I remember Eric Sabin: dived more times than a Stuka
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:34 am

So the 2nd goal. Tomlinson headed clear from the throw and CJ hooked the ball clear to Maynard. Still he ran nearly the length of the pitch.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:31 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Go to cobblers corner ,next up Mansfield visit , comments from the actual game start on page 3

I kept losing the Mansfield versions of I follow so I changed to Northants radio commentary They were extremely biased and constantly called stags players for diving and stopping play at every opportunity. Good to see a more balanced opinion from cobblers fans .

At least some of their fans admit to their own players pantomime antics. I remember Eric Sabin: dived more times than a Stuka

Cynical, serial-loser, Keith Curle had his team of giants in “thug” mode, from the off.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:23 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Cynical, serial-loser, Keith Curle had his team of giants in “thug” mode, from the off.

Will be interesting next season with Bolton in league 2 next season.

Curle and flitcroft will be able to trade stories on how they managed the seemingly impossible of not getting respective Mansfield sides promotion when it was almost impossible not to.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:35 pm

Yesterday was a good result. A rancid game of football between a team who is bad and a team who, based on what I've seen of them, are robbing a play-off place. We dug in for the result and that was good to see. An enjoyable day out despite the context of the season.

However (and this is not news), we have to be MILES better come August. We really need to sign some quality. Whilst it was genuinely 'one of those games' yesterday where not much football was played and that's accepted, we are clearly not very good. This summer is going to be massive.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:52 pm

We are a league two club WV. There aren’t many good league two clubs. The promoted teams are usually the best of an average bunch with a few dire ones in the bottom few places. We have no devine right to be near the top and it’s very rare when we are. The money that’s been chucked around recently has made some fans think we are bigger than we are.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:17 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:We are a league two club WV. There aren’t many good league two clubs. The promoted teams are usually the best of an average bunch with a few dire ones in the bottom few places. We have no devine right to be near the top and it’s very rare when we are. The money that’s been chucked around recently has made some fans think we are bigger than we are.

This ‘divine right’ stuff is nonsense in my eyes.

Just because we are a League 2 club, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t have a desire for us to be better than what we are. I want us to be successful and actually be good. Is that not what we all want? I don’t know why being a League 2 club means we have to happy with having a poor side because ‘there aren’t many good League 2 clubs’.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:02 am

WVStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:We are a league two club WV. There aren’t many good league two clubs. The promoted teams are usually the best of an average bunch with a few dire ones in the bottom few places. We have no devine right to be near the top and it’s very rare when we are. The money that’s been chucked around recently has made some fans think we are bigger than we are.

This ‘divine right’ stuff is nonsense in my eyes.

Just because we are a League 2 club, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t have a desire for us to be better than what we are. I want us to be successful and actually be good. Is that not what we all want? I don’t know why being a League 2 club means we have to happy with having a poor side because ‘there aren’t many good League 2 clubs’.

Completely agree, if you take away hope and aspiration and should be aiming to be in the league above, it’s what all sides and all fans aspire to
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:01 pm

Well having watched this game through on Ifollow I have to say that the ref completely failed us as we should have been playing against 8 men by half time. Goode committed 5 bookable offences in the first half and only received 1 card and 2 'final warnings', and McCormack could have been booked 2 or 3 times in the first half but somehow survived until the 62nd minute before he saw yellow.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum