{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Millionaire Age Gap Love.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Millionaire Age Gap Love.

Postby chip63 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:35 pm

Tv show tonight on 5
A year after Carolyn landed a job at Johns insurance company, she was engaged and in charge of his football club.
Might be fun.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Re: Millionaire Age Gap Love.

Postby stan-the-stag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Oh dear :-o now it’s getting awkward when JD pops up
Last edited by stan-the-stag on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stan-the-stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:13 pm

Why is this a program!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Old programme ,they have moved :silent:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:51 pm

Proper embarrassing this :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:30 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Why is this a program!

Why watch it then!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:15 am

Seen a few clips. Very very cringe.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:54 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Why is this a program!

Why watch it then!!!!

I didn't for very long, I can assure you.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Thought they both came across really well.
Johns remarks on flitcrofts sacking " you stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind you saying Do as you like,
So we did and sacked him. :D
She's not keen on loan players?

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:32 pm

She’s damn right about loan players. The rules need to be changed and only emergency loans allowed. It might stop teams like Chelsea having hundreds of good lads on their books that never play for them.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:37 pm

chip63 wrote:Thought they both came across really well.
Johns remarks on flitcrofts sacking " you stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind you saying Do as you like,
So we did and sacked him. :D
She's not keen on loan players?

:coys:
Events have proven her to have been spot on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:40 am

The Radfords saved our club.Good luck to them and I wish them well.Hoping for a promotion for John as he has invested heavily in the club and deserves success.I feel that this will happen under Graham Coughlin.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:35 am

geoffhill wrote:The Radfords saved our club.Good luck to them and I wish them well.Hoping for a promotion for John as he has invested heavily in the club and deserves success.I feel that this will happen under Graham Coughlin.
I hope you are right about GC. So far I've not seen any evidence to suggest he has the ability to achieve promotion with us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:59 am

Amber Andy wrote:
geoffhill wrote:The Radfords saved our club.Good luck to them and I wish them well.Hoping for a promotion for John as he has invested heavily in the club and deserves success.I feel that this will happen under Graham Coughlin.
I hope you are right about GC. So far I've not seen any evidence to suggest he has the ability to achieve promotion with us.

And you won’t do. Pep couldn’t get this lot firing in their current state.

GC did a wonderful job at Bristol Rovers, look at them since he left...

Needs the opportunity to bring his own players in, get rid of the dead wood we have and have a full pre season to ensure they are fit and ready, something Dempster couldn’t do.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:06 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Needs the opportunity to bring his own players in, get rid of the dead wood we have and have a full pre season to ensure they are fit and ready, something Dempster couldn’t do.

The January window was poor in my opinion. Not one of the players brought in has given me reason to believe we are going to get promotion winning players coming in the summer. Usually a manager brings in one shining light. The "Scottish " manager brought Joel Byrom in for example.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:15 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

The January window was poor in my opinion. Not one of the players brought in has given me reason to believe we are going to get promotion winning players coming in the summer. Usually a manager brings in one shining light. The "Scottish " manager brought Joel Byrom in for example.

The January window was as expected, I think GC knew we were pretty much safe as did a lot of the fan base, purely down to how bad Stevenage are.

He’s signed “stop gap” players to get us until the end of the season, I wouldn’t expect any of them to be here next season.

I wouldn’t describe Joel Byrom as a shining light either, nice lad, bang average.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:26 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

The January window was as expected, I think GC knew we were pretty much safe as did a lot of the fan base, purely down to how bad Stevenage are.

He’s signed “stop gap” players to get us until the end of the season, I wouldn’t expect any of them to be here next season.

I wouldn’t describe Joel Byrom as a shining light either, nice lad, bang average.
He was when The "Scottish" manager brought him in. He transformed the team.

As for GC's signings why not bring players in to start building for next season, rather than what you call stop gap players. Also an enormous gamble to guarantee Stevenage to continue to be poor. Granted Stevenage havn't improved but they had enough games at that time to climb the league.

I'm not sure your "stop gap" theory is necessarily correct. As previously stated I'm not convinced we will see sufficient promotion winning players signed in the summer.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:33 am

I think he was right to sign "stop gap players".

The players he maybe would like perhaps were not available and under contract until the Summer.

He has got the wage bill down and brought the numbers back up with either no cost players or cheap players.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:46 am

January is a tough window.

If we were looking at players for next season to ultimately take us up, why on earth would they join now? We’re 21st in League 2 and would potentially be coming from clubs who’ve had a far better season than we have.

We’ve plenty of time in the summer and GC will already have an idea of who he wants etc. We can only really judge him fairly after he’s had a full pre season and a chance to sign his own squad of players.

The expectation levels come from the board as well, if we have a whole summer of CR shouting from rooftops about “project promotion” then expectation levels from fans will go through the roof (quite rightly).

I’d like to see us go under the radar a little bit and just see what we can do without the added pressure.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Was one decent signing during the January window (which I agree is the most difficult of the two ), too much to expect ?

Treading water from January until the end of the season is a big ask, particularly for season ticket holders.

One decent signing, a handful of good wins and signs of real improvement would give some proof and encouragement for next season.

All we have, unless things change, is a hope that the right players are signed. No guarantees, especially as GC hasn't been involved in many transfer windows ( as a manager ).

I can't see many rushing out and buying next years season ticket or QL membership for that matter.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:28 am

:roll: :roll:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:53 pm

I know people are dying, losing their jobs, and the world economy is about to be trashed beyond all recognition.

BUT LOOK AT MEEEEEEE
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:23 pm

And not even our stadium!!!!
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Carolyn’s only having a bit of fun to lighten the mood !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:03 pm

It is embarrassing when so many people are losing their lives and she is just look at me.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum