{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Khan joins Newport

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Khan joins Newport

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:29 pm

subbed at HT
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Otis Khan's career seems to have gone downhill after the first half of the 2017-2018 season when he managed to score 10 goals. He's only managed to score another 4 goals since 29th December 2017 and DF bought him as a goalscoring midfield player.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:33 pm

He’s lightweight and ineffective.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:20 am

I would have thought his personal off field problems have had quite a big effect on his footballing career.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:06 am

part time pete wrote:I would have thought his personal off field problems have had quite a big effect on his footballing career.

What problems ptp? I’ve obviously missed this.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:14 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
part time pete wrote:I would have thought his personal off field problems have had quite a big effect on his footballing career.

You would have missed him just, head on, if you were coming the other way the day his driving problems started.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby cassisclass » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:23 am

Wikipedia..
Khan has since turned down a call-up to the Pakistan national side in the hope of playing for England in the future.[13]

Can't beat aiming high
cassisclass
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:31 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Banned from driving
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:09 am

part time pete wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Banned from driving

No excuse there is a perfectly good bus service from Manchester to Newport.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:25 pm

part time pete wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Banned from driving

Wow such huge personal problems!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Otis who ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:56 pm

He is on the bench today. As is Cook for Tranmere and Logan for Forest Green. Mellis not even on bench for Bolton.

It would seem none of them have pulled up any trees.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:58 pm

Their fitness is poor from being here. What do you expect?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:29 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Their fitness is poor from being here. What do you expect?

Fair point.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:35 pm

Amber Andy wrote:He is on the bench today. As is Cook for Tranmere and Logan for Forest Green. Mellis not even on bench for Bolton.

They won't want cook next season... he will be back here and still under contract.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:He is on the bench today. As is Cook for Tranmere and Logan for Forest Green. Mellis not even on bench for Bolton.

They won't want cook next season... he will be back here and still under contract.

He will be back in league 2 either way.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Khan made great play of the fact that he had done significant pre season fitness training
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:46 pm

I really don't understand why people can't get their head around the difference between general fitness and match fitness.

All of our players are fit people, but they haven't been match fit
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:29 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

Khan made great play of the fact that he had done significant pre season fitness training

Thing is that fitness level needs to be maintained, it wasn't.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:13 pm

Otis Khan is on the bench again for Newport against Carlisle United away
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:14 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Otis Khan is on the bench again for Newport against Carlisle United away

As is Cook for Tranmere and Mellis for Bolton.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:59 pm

Disastrous 1st half for Newport County at Carlisle United. Concede a goal from a corner after 5 minutes due to bad marking. Matty Dolan goes off injured after 12minutes. Dale Gorman then gives a daft penalty away on 32 minutes before Ryan Innis gets himself sent off for lunging in on Kayode.

If Newport lose tonight then they have lost 9 out of their last 10 away games.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:43 pm

Otis Khan did not get on the pitch tonight for Newport County
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:30 pm

10/03/20: Carlisle United 2 Newport County 0
Attendance: 2,822 (49 Newport fans)

Watched this game on iFollow. Newport lost the game after self destructing in the first half even though possession was pretty even. Omari Patrick won a corner for Carlisle United in the 5th minute and then easily lost his marker, Josh Sheehan, to head Carlisle into the lead from a Elliott Watt (19) corner. Patrick's header deflected in off Padraig Amond. Omari Patrick's pace caused Newport a few problems and Tim, the Newport reporter, pointed out that his godfather is Linford Christie.

Newport got a foothold in the game but then gave a silly penalty away on 32 minutes when Dale Gorman tackled Josh Kayode (19) (on loan from Rotherham) from behind. Kayode converted the penalty to give Carlisle a 2-0 lead. Ryan Haynes had a shot deflected over the bar for a corner before Newport centre half, Ryan Inniss (on loan from Crystal Palace) dived in on Kayode and received a straight red card. Lewis Alessandra then had a double chance to make it 3-0 but shot wide. HT: 2-0

Newport played fairly well with 10 men in the 2nd half. Josh Labadie blasted wide of an open goal from a Robbie Wilmott corner on 58 minutes and then later shot wide on 74 minutes. Carlisle had a couple of decent penalty shouts and Mike Jones narrowly volleyed over from a corner and Tom King made a good save from a lomg distance effort from Alessandra. FT: 2-0

Newport have lost 9 out of 10 away games. They have a decent squad because they had quite a strong bench: Joss Labadie, Jamille Matt, Tristan Abrahams, Billy Waters, Kyle Howkins and Otis Khan.

Carlisle Man of the Match: I gave it to Omari Patrick but the sponsors gave it to 20 year old centre half, Max Hunt, who Carlisle signed from Derby County. The Newport commentators thought that the other Carlisle centre half, Aaron Hayden, had also played well.

Newport Man of the Match: Josh Sheehan worked hard throughout the game and tried to make things happen in the 2nd half. He was to blame for the first goal though as he was marking Omari Patrick. Bennett and Demetriou defended well in the 2nd half.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:07 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:10/03/20: Carlisle United 2 Newport County 0
Attendance: 2,822 (49 Newport fans)

Watched this game on iFollow. Newport lost the game after self destructing in the first half even though possession was pretty even. Omari Patrick won a corner for Carlisle United in the 5th minute and then easily lost his marker, Josh Sheehan, to head Carlisle into the lead from a Elliott Watt (19) corner. Patrick's header deflected in off Padraig Amond. Omari Patrick's pace caused Newport a few problems and Tim, the Newport reporter, pointed out that his godfather is Linford Christie.

Newport got a foothold in the game but then gave a silly penalty away on 32 minutes when Dale Gorman tackled Josh Kayode (19) (on loan from Rotherham) from behind. Kayode converted the penalty to give Carlisle a 2-0 lead. Ryan Haynes had a shot deflected over the bar for a corner before Newport centre half, Ryan Inniss (on loan from Crystal Palace) dived in on Kayode and received a straight red card. Lewis Alessandra then had a double chance to make it 3-0 but shot wide. HT: 2-0

Newport played fairly well with 10 men in the 2nd half. Josh Labadie blasted wide of an open goal from a Robbie Wilmott corner on 58 minutes and then later shot wide on 74 minutes. Carlisle had a couple of decent penalty shouts and Mike Jones narrowly volleyed over from a corner and Tom King made a good save from a lomg distance effort from Alessandra. FT: 2-0

Newport have lost 9 out of 10 away games. They have a decent squad because they had quite a strong bench: Joss Labadie, Jamille Matt, Tristan Abrahams, Billy Waters, Kyle Howkins and Otis Khan.

Carlisle Man of the Match: I gave it to Omari Patrick but the sponsors gave it to 20 year old centre half, Max Hunt, who Carlisle signed from Derby County. The Newport commentators thought that the other Carlisle centre half, Aaron Hayden, had also played well.

Newport Man of the Match: Josh Sheehan worked hard throughout the game and tried to make things happen in the 2nd half. He was to blame for the first goal though as he was marking Omari Patrick. Bennett and Demetriou defended well in the 2nd half.

I always rated joss labadie as a quality midfielder,
daddycool
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum