{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bishop swearing at fans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:04 pm

1-1
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:35 pm

His performance tonight...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby cher » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:56 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Headed down the tunnel without even a glance at the fans whilst every other player applauded the following. Can we ship him off to County? He’d be much happier there and we’d be better for it.

We don't want him back thanks! Doing OK without him. Interesting that he's falling out with supporters, that's exactly what happened towards the end of his time with us. To be fair to him, he's always played with his heart on his sleeve and when things are going as badly as they are on the pitch, he will be hurting. He's past his best now, but a younger fully fit Bish would be a decent player for most lower league teams.
cher
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:41 pm

Did Bishop clap the fans after the game tonight or not?
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:35 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:Did Bishop clap the fans after the game tonight or not?

Does it really matter?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:31 am

1st rat off the sunken ship last night couldn't get off quick enough once the whistle went.

I wouldn't play him again the guy is a disgrace not what I want to see at Mansfield Town
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:07 am

Dan wrote:

Does it really matter?!

I’d say yes Dan.

The squad plus management come over to show their appreciation to the 181 (myself included) that travelled down to the arse end of London to watch that shower.

Yet one player, our model pro couldn’t wait to get down the tunnel and on his way home. After his antics last week at Morecambe it wouldn’t have killed him to join the rest of the squad.

I’d happily drive him anywhere he wants to go, his attitude is a disgrace.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:07 am

SINA STAG wrote:1st rat off the sunken ship last night couldn't get off quick enough once the whistle went.

I wouldn't play him again the guy is a disgrace not what I want to see at Mansfield Town

This.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:51 am

Dan wrote:

Does it really matter?!

Yes. He’s clearly not sorry for his antic at Morecambe. After he smashed it out of play there was no abuse towards him from the fans, just a collective groan at yet another awful attempt at a ‘pass’ from him. His reaction was completely out of order. Should have warranted him being docked a week or two’s worth of wages. It really wouldn’t have been difficult for him to at least protend to show his appreciation for the travelling fans who went to all that effort last night to watch another sorry performance.

The good news is that he’ll make County’s midfield a lot worse next season in the national league.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:17 am

Bishop's career is over, he can't run anymore. What a sour way to bow out of a good career.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:40 pm

I noticed he was first down the tunnel after another capitulation. Orient fans couldn’t believe how bad we were last night! I cannot see where our next win is coming from, worrying times!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Surely the new lad Evans cannot be any worse than Bish or Tomlinson were last night and have been for most of the season?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:09 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Surely the new lad Evans cannot be any worse than Bish or Tomlinson were last night and have been for most of the season?

You’d like to think not!

Thing is we needed 2 new midfielders, and we signed 2, but I feel like Coughlan would be quite hesitant to put both Charsley and Evans in the midfield together with 1 other. Aware I’m speaking about Evans before I’ve seen him play, but feels like we’ve taken a big risk hoping that 2 youngsters with absolutely no first team experience will sort out our dreadful midfield.

R.E. Bishop, poor from him not to follow the rest of the team and staff over to the away end days after his apology for swearing at them, and the 181 made a lot of effort to get there, but it’s not surprising.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:11 pm

Bishop clearly cant wait to leave and we shoudn't be stopping him come May, but in the interests of a balanced view he was still miles better than Tomlinson last night.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Dan wrote:

Does it really matter?!

Yes it definitely does. If he ran off straight down the tunnel then it shows his apology was a lie. He had a chance to show some contrition.

Get him gone.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:06 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Dan wrote:

Does it really matter?!

Yes it definitely does. If he ran off straight down the tunnel then it shows his apology was a lie. He had a chance to show some contrition.

Get him gone.

I hope, somehow were mathematically safe with a good few games to go so he can sit in the stands and let one of our youth players have a go under no pressure. In fact soon as we're safe Id Love to give a lot of the kids a run of games.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:43 pm

What I cannot understand is why after the 12 games and only 2 wins , does GC continue picking these players week in week out
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:What I cannot understand is why after the 12 games and only 2 wins , does GC continue picking these players week in week out

Where are these other players we can pick? We have our first 11, the subs and the youth team. We don't have a massive pool of players were missing out and not picking.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:01 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:What I cannot understand is why after the 12 games and only 2 wins , does GC continue picking these players week in week out

Where are these other players we can pick? We have our first 11, the subs and the youth team. We don't have a massive pool of players were missing out and not picking.

Bishop or Tomlinson could be dropped for Charsley

Evans surely has to start Saturday?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:04 pm

Maybe Bishop to be dropped. About time White and Gordon come back. Tbf, we have been extremely unlucky with injuries (and suspensions early on) this season. We have missed both. Also think the injury to White at Colchester last season was a much bigger blow than most people think.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Bishop or Tomlinson could be dropped for Charsley

Evans surely has to start Saturday?

That's two positions though. We've got four centre halves, we play three with one as a sub. One left back who plays every week even though he constantly makes mistakes. We've got one Left midfielder , two right mids (one of which is injured) okay the central positions could change, but I think Charsley and Evans in the centre might be too lightweight. Four strikers and only two of them score goals and the other two warm the bench.

We don't have the ability to chop and change the team massively. As GC keeps saying, we've got to with what we have at the minute which isn't much. Roll on the close season and hopefully still be in league two
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:32 am

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dan wrote:

Does it really matter?!

Get him gone.[/quote
I hope, somehow were mathematically safe with a good few games to go so he can sit in the stands and let one of our youth players have a go under no pressure. In fact soon as we're safe Id Love to give a lot of the kids a run of games.

I agree entirely Sedgwick
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 am

Will he play Saturday , we know how some fans have been kicking off at other players (cook)

With how Bishop as been lately , GC needs to take this into his plans for Saturdays match.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:03 am

Manager wants to give young Jimmy Knowles a start up front instead of Danny Rose , we might score more goals then
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:15 pm

west country stag wrote:Manager wants to give young Jimmy Knowles a start up front instead of Danny Rose , we might score more goals then

Stick to drinking cider :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum