{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Morecambe game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Morecambe game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Joe Riley scores at Morecambe

brief highlights produced by IMG
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Morecambe game

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:12 pm

To be fair with the equaliser, that cross properly died on the wind.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:27 pm

good video on the Morecambe goal
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby robbingdog » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:55 pm

Rubbish goalkeeping that when you see it from behind the goal
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:41 am

I find it wierd how the Logan haters brush such a glaring gaff by Bob under under the carpet and barely make a murmur.
Oh wait they're all too busy watching the latest FGR vid to nit pick on someone who doesn't even play for us anymore.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:55 am

Spiritater wrote:I find it wierd how the Logan haters brush such a glaring gaff by Bob under under the carpet and barely make a murmur.
Oh wait they're all too busy watching the latest FGR vid to nit pick on someone who doesn't even play for us anymore.

Once a scapegoat, always a scapegoat.

Both have their faults and not much to choose between them.

Hopefully we will sign a better goalkeeper in August.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:59 am

Bobby definitely isn’t the same guy last season pre-injury - but nobody is to be fair, still rate him above Logan, who conceded his first 8 shots on target at FGR - and that’s a direct quote from a FGR fan!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:50 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:31 am

Terrible keeping from Olejnik. Been very poor this season, but he's not on his own there.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:47 am

I agree, very poor. No awareness of what is around him, and so very slow. Just another position we need to be filling.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:08 pm

Both are decent enough keepers for this level. They obviously both have faults, like all league two keepers.

Logan is permanently rooted to his line, until he has a mad rush of blood and comes dashing out usually with disastrous effects. Although a decent kicker of the ball his distribution from his hands is always slow and ponderous. It may or may not be true but it always appears to me as if the defence never quite trust him. It isn't nice, but has to be said, he is way to heavy, which to me is very unprofessional. He is however one of the best shot stoppers we have had in a while.

Since coming back from injury Olejnik has been nowhere near the level he was at last season. Although he does come off his line, this season he has been much less commanding and also prone to basic errors. This has culminated in two Saturdays running now he has been caught out failing to misjudge the wind three quarters of the way into the game. Maybe the injury has left him a little less mobile, who knows. On last seasons form he is easily a good enough keeper for a promotion pushing team, he does seem to instil confidence in his defence and his distribution is much quicker.

Of the two my preference has always been Olejnik. Although Logan may pull off the odd "worldie" I just don't ever feel as confident with him between the sticks. I know that that isn't a very scientific reason for my preference but it is what it is.

The decision between has been made for this season and unless the gaffer thinks Stone is ready for first team football, we need to get behind Bobby and hope our encouragement plays a small part in him regaining last seasons form. As for next season, unless we can get a top notch replacement, I would like to see Olejnik get a full pre season behind him and start August all guns blazing. If we think the rest of the squad weren't worked hard enough in the summer how was he ever going to get back into full fitness.

COYS
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:16 pm

Big yella wrote:Both are decent enough keepers for this level. They obviously both have faults, like all league two keepers.

Logan is permanently rooted to his line, until he has a mad rush of blood and comes dashing out usually with disastrous effects. Although a decent kicker of the ball his distribution from his hands is always slow and ponderous. It may or may not be true but it always appears to me as if the defence never quite trust him. It isn't nice, but has to be said, he is way to heavy, which to me is very unprofessional. He is however one of the best shot stoppers we have had in a while.

Since coming back from injury Olejnik has been nowhere near the level he was at last season. Although he does come off his line, this season he has been much less commanding and also prone to basic errors. This has culminated in two Saturdays running now he has been caught out failing to misjudge the wind three quarters of the way into the game. Maybe the injury has left him a little less mobile, who knows. On last seasons form he is easily a good enough keeper for a promotion pushing team, he does seem to instil confidence in his defence and his distribution is much quicker.

Of the two my preference has always been Olejnik. Although Logan may pull off the odd "worldie" I just don't ever feel as confident with him between the sticks. I know that that isn't a very scientific reason for my preference but it is what it is.

The decision between has been made for this season and unless the gaffer thinks Stone is ready for first team football, we need to get behind Bobby and hope our encouragement plays a small part in him regaining last seasons form. As for next season, unless we can get a top notch replacement, I would like to see Olejnik get a full pre season behind him and start August all guns blazing. If we think the rest of the squad weren't worked hard enough in the summer how was he ever going to get back into full fitness.

COYS

I sort of agree, but I think if priority is promotion next season I think we need a better first choice keeper. It is possible to have a good keeper at this level, we've had plenty. McKeown is better than anything we've had since Mazza.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum