{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cook goes to Tranmere on loan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cook goes to Tranmere on loan

Postby oldweststander » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:30 am

Does seem to be developing into a mess doesn't it?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:32 am

Concerned about this. A swift injury to Rose or Maynard ( both are prone) and we are in the cart. Knowles clearly isn't ready yet for a League 2 relegation dogfight and then we have Davis and OSJ. Cant see the logic. Even if Cook wanted to go, hes under contract.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:22 am

Here’s a tip my fellow Staggies, if we have a decent player in our midst let’s not shout in his face that he’s Tommy Tank before we’ve even kicked off and they might be happy to stay here and fight for a place in the team.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:01 am

Big yella wrote:Here’s a tip my fellow Staggies, if we have a decent player in our midst let’s not shout in his face that he’s Tommy Tank before we’ve even kicked off and they might be happy to stay here and fight for a place in the team.

Cook was a lummox. Cheerio.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:09 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:Here’s a tip my fellow Staggies, if we have a decent player in our midst let’s not shout in his face that he’s Tommy Tank before we’ve even kicked off and they might be happy to stay here and fight for a place in the team.

7 in 18 games would suggest otherwise. Oh and thanks for adding insightful thoughts to the debate again, not. But hey the post count has gone up one. :roll:
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:11 am

Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

7 in 18 games would suggest otherwise. Oh and thanks for adding insightful thoughts to the debate again, not. But hey the post count has gone up one. :roll:

Let it go, Big Yella. My opinion, succinctly put. Chill.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:11 am

Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Ignore him. This is coming from a bloke who said he wouldn’t have Walker back and he’s scored 40 goals in L1 & 2 in the last 18 months :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:12 am

Is there any wonder Cook took the chance to get out, some welcoming supporter of ours told him to raspberry off and die if I remember correctly. Now we're all up in arms because he's left, is there any wonder he's gone, he was hardly made welcome. For everyone of his goals he's missed 2 guilt edge chances but that can be said about Maynard too, then Danny just misses his chances.

Mellis was a bit of an enigma, when he fancied it he played well, when he didn't fancy it he went missing - add to that the Donahgue debacle then we're better off without him.

Khan - obviously not been part of anyone's plans for whatever reason. He hasn't really held down a regular starting place. Assuming he gets the chance to start regularly he will put himself in the shop window come the end of the season.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:17 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Ignore him. This is coming from a bloke who said he wouldn’t have Walker back and he’s scored 40 goals in L1 & 2 in the last 18 months :lol:

Butt out BH. My opinion (to which I am entitled) that was, BTW, me reflecting whether I felt the club should take him back with his associated costs and nil long-term involvement.

You had a diametrically different opinion which I RESPECTED. Maybe, just maybe, you could offer me the same courtesy?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:18 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

EdwinstoweStag is an opinionless chimp, devoid of idea or cognitive thought.

Just an opinion succinctly put. Let it go, or rack up another one on the pointless post count.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:23 am

Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

EdwinstoweStag is an opinionless chimp, devoid of idea or cognitive thought.

Just an opinion succinctly put. Let it go, or rack up another one on the pointless post count.

Chimp? Grow up.

Oh, and by the way, I have ZERO interest in post-count. Clearly it matters more to you.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:30 am

Please stop the personal abuse.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:30 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Please stop the personal abuse.

I know. It’s appalling
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:32 am

Cook could have a been a cult hero at stags, but he needed to be playing every week... Dempster signed him and didn't play him that much

I'd rather have him than rose tbh
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:39 am

Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:He’s gone to a League One team. How would we be able to deny him that?

Because he’s under contract you perpetual div

And you think that makes any difference? It’s all about player power. He’s got dogs abuse from the stands and a club with fans who love him in a higher league come in for him. Not rocket science is it.

What should we do with him random? Let him rot in the reserves with a big wage because he's unhappy we rejected the transfer offer?
Its not about these players being allowed to leave Bobby, it's about not replacing them adequately. We have let go Logan, Mellis, Cook and Khan. Apart from Piper ( who is experienced but let go by his former club due to injury concerns), we have replaced them with young inexperienced players.

Some say we can sign players who have been released from their contracts. That's not worked well in the past, has it ? AM signed an experienced striker ( who was that good his name escapes me now), who had played at the higher level with a number of clubs including Nottingham Forest. He had very little impact.

Others say we will be alright because we have an eight point cushion, that other teams are worse than us, and anyway only one team goes down. So we will be alright. Well an eight point fusion can easily be eroded. I hope they are correct and my concerns turn out to be groundless.

We all know this is a cost cutting exercise, probably to save money for next season. It is also a gamble.

All these experts and they don't even know their names. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby James » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:44 am

I’m loving how Random is coming on here making out Cook is a massive loss.

He was calling him fat and lazy 6 weeks ago.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:50 am

This.. Hope the moronic ignoramus who was responsible is satisfied with his behavior.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:52 am

We make do with what we have... Clearly were trying to wipe the slate clean with the high earners and put a foundation in place for summer.

More big earners at the club will leave at the end of the year.

Those that have gone and aren't interested in mtfc will help the others that want to do well perform and concentrate on the job they need to do
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:59 am

steiner wrote:

This.. Hope the moronic ignoramus who was responsible is satisfied with his behavior.

Has this weapon been named ?
Has be been taken to task ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:02 pm

Letting Cook go was a crazy decision.
Whilst I condemn any personal abuse of our players, I doubt that one moron's altercation with Cook was the cause of this. Cook loved it at Tranmere and he couldn't start games here. Perhaps also he didn't like GC's obsession with fitness/running into the ground.
Either way, if he is not replaced with someone of an equal goal scoring ratio - then it has left us significantly weaker.
I have not been impressed with any of GC's decision making so far. This has been a very poor January transfer window for us. Ultimately, he has failed to bring in the experience that was needed in the defence & midfield. These 3 kids might be ones for the future - but it is the next 16 games that matter right now.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Vice President wrote:Letting Cook go was a crazy decision.
Whilst I condemn any personal abuse of our players, I doubt that one moron's altercation with Cook was the cause of this. Cook loved it at Tranmere and he couldn't start games here. Perhaps also he didn't like GC's obsession with fitness/running into the ground.
Either way, if he is not replaced with someone of an equal goal scoring ratio - then it has left us significantly weaker.
I have not been impressed with any of GC's decision making so far. This has been a very poor January transfer window for us. Ultimately, he has failed to bring in the experience that was needed in the defence & midfield. These 3 kids might be ones for the future - but it is the next 16 games that matter right now.

Agreed , we need points from the next 3 games because we have Swindon , Crewe, Salford , Northampton all to come . Throwing kids into a relegation battle is crazy lose today and the pressure will be on GC
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:20 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
steiner wrote:

Has this weapon been named ?
Has be been taken to task ?

Still trying to find his name out.
Not seen him since.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:52 pm

Watching Tranmere Rovers v Doncaster Rovers on iFollow. Andy Cook is playing in the middle of a big front three for Tranmere with James Vaughan on the right and Morgan Ferrier on the left. He's won a few headers from long kicks and closed down a defender once.

Callum Woods is playing well in Tranmere's defence pinging balls around with his left and right foot. Luke McCulloch and Alex Woodyard are working hard in midfield.

Donny should have took the lead on 30 minutes but Scott Davies made a great double save from Jacob Ramsey. He also caught Devante Cole's header which was straight at him on 38 minutes.

Ben Whiteman is playing well in centre midfield for Donny.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:50 pm

A great debut for Doncaster Rovers by 18 year old Jacob Ramsey who is on loan from Aston Villa. He scored two good goals in the 2nd half finishing off Kieran Sadlier's cross from the right and heading in Niall Ennis' cross from the left. He should have had a hat-trick as Scott Davies made a great double save to deny him in the first half.

Tranmere Rovers had 53% possession but they struggled to create any chances. James Vaughan was subbed in the 2nd half. Andy Cook was reduced to just battling for long balls up in the air. He had one of his snap shots which was well wide of the goal near the end. He then got frustrated and took out Brad Halliday for a yellow card. Ben Whiteman was excellent in centre midfield for Donny with the young 18 year old Ramsey.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:39 am

Whiteman definitely heading for the Champ next season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum