{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Billy Kee retires

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Billy Kee retires

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:01 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Re: Billy Kee retires

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:16 am

Bless him.. hope he can enjoy his life

Very nice lad who took the time to give me some advice when I reached out to him
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:23 am

Best of luck to him.

Fantastic player at L1/L2 level
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:16 am

Shame. Best of luck to him.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:52 pm

That is a shame, he was absolutely fantastic in Accrington's title winning season. I wish him all the best with her personal battles.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:12 pm

Good luck Billy with the rest of your life. I hope you can eventually find some inner peace. Keep fighting.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Good Luck Billy. Keep fighting mate. A most misunderstood illness
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Best of luck to him and I hope in times to come it’ll help him to become a pioneer or campaigner for mental health reality.

A lot of people have experienced times were they're struggling with things mentally when something has happened (sometimes something hasn’t happened and it just is) I know I’ve struggled in the past though only thankfully briefly.

Talking and being open about whatever it is that’s troubling you isn’t weak at all, if anything you’re stronger to admit you’re struggling and let those around you help.

Best of luck billy
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:58 pm

As a fellow sufferer I wish you all the best Billy. The sun will shine again for you and hope the rest of your life is a happy one. Great player and inspiration to others.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:33 pm

adamstag wrote:Best of luck to him and I hope in times to come it’ll help him to become a pioneer or campaigner for mental health reality.

A lot of people have experienced times were they're struggling with things mentally when something has happened (sometimes something hasn’t happened and it just is) I know I’ve struggled in the past though only thankfully briefly.

Talking and being open about whatever it is that’s troubling you isn’t weak at all, if anything you’re stronger to admit you’re struggling and let those around you help.

Best of luck billy

The problem with that is there are still ignorant morons around who don't think it is a 'proper illness' or accuse you of 'being a victim' if ever you speak out about it. These are the people who are doing so much damage to those who struggle to speak out or ask for help/advice, especially men who are notorious for not reaching out for help.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:55 am

Hits hard. The brain's balance is finely tuned. It doesn't take much to tip it to catastrophic consquences as I found out yesterday. Utterly tragic.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:09 am

Spiritater wrote:Hits hard. The brain's balance is finely tuned. It doesn't take much to tip it to catastrophic consquences as I found out yesterday. Utterly tragic.

Are you ok mate ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:20 pm

Dan wrote:
adamstag wrote:Best of luck to him and I hope in times to come it’ll help him to become a pioneer or campaigner for mental health reality.

Best of luck billy

The problem with that is there are still ignorant morons around who don't think it is a 'proper illness' or accuse you of 'being a victim' if ever you speak out about it. These are the people who are doing so much damage to those who struggle to speak out or ask for help/advice, especially men who are notorious for not reaching out for help.

Exactly dan and that's why we need to keep talking about it. Fight the idiots and support each other. Glad mind charity partnered with the EFL.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Good luck mate, shame we never saw you at your best.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Kernow wrote:Good luck mate, shame we never saw you at your best.

Echo that.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:54 pm

Has signed for Coalville Town. Links up with former Burton teammate Adam McGurk.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:57 pm

Adam McGurk was once a highly prized League 2 forward. It just shows you how players can quickly drop down the leagues. It all seemed to go downhill for him after he left Burton Albion to join Portsmouth. Perhaps would have been better off stopping at Burton for less money. He's only 31.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum