{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Our Fans...I know..

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Our Fans...I know..

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:41 pm

Today was new low today for me.

Not a Cookie fan but if he was subjected to abuse before a game then that is unacceptable.

Playing him was a gamble and tbh imo he has been poor for us.

And while I tolerate goading (!) the opposition dugouts I couldn't believe the 'hank' signs directed at some of our players at the end by some of our supporters was so sad to see.

I do so despair.

Deflated with the result but the atmosphere around does not bode well.

I don't 'enjoy' going any more tbh....
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Re: Our Fans...I know..

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:15 pm

I actually heard somebody shout "it's you that needs sacking" to GC as he was walking off at the end.
The guy has been here a month, working with a group of players who have already cost 2 managers their job, up until this week has not had a full week on the training pitch with them, and he needs sacking ?
Some people need to have a think. We were all frustrated by the way today panned out but give the man a bit of time. He rescued a club from relegation last season and took them to the top end of the table this season. Let's see what we are playing like in February once has had chance to tweak the squad and instil his tactics on the players before we hound him out.
Some of our so called fans are an embarrassment at times.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 pm

let’s see who he brings in first ehhh
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Our fans have always been a joke, why are people only just realising?
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:45 pm

I hope we give him a fair crack and don't pan him like some did with JD before he'd even managed a game .He's one job only this season and that's to save us from t'pit. If he fails he should walk
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:06 pm

As I said on a previous post Forest Green were very good today.If we could manage to play like they do then I would look forward to every game.One thing is certain we will not be able to play like them with this squad.Over to you Mr Coughlan.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 pm

But Coghlan doesn't play like FGR do
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:33 am

Go to any football ground in the country and you will hear stupid comments.
Football crowds are a broard cross section of the population and the population is made up of mixture of geniuses & cretins.
At football the emotion attached to the game makes people vocal (like booze but more expensive & less enjoyable) and it's the nasty or crass comments that seem to hit home.
Every home game as the teams come out, even in a cack season like this one, 90%+ off the crowd are on their feet applauding the team on & shouting encouragement. It goes unnoticed. One raspberry shouts something idiotic & it gets a thread.
I'm not saying idiots should be excused, but their actions should be taken in the wider context of the crowd.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Sneag wrote:Go to any football ground in the country and you will hear stupid comments.
Football crowds are a broard cross section of the population and the population is made up of mixture of geniuses & cretins.
At football the emotion attached to the game makes people vocal (like booze but more expensive & less enjoyable) and it's the nasty or crass comments that seem to hit home.
Every home game as the teams come out, even in a cack season like this one, 90%+ off the crowd are on their feet applauding the team on & shouting encouragement. It goes unnoticed. One raspberry shouts something idiotic & it gets a thread.
I'm not saying idiots should be excused, but their actions should be taken in the wider context of the crowd.

Precisely this ! Why is it the genuine fans have to suffer for a few nasty cretins
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Trenam » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:18 pm

We have 4000 fans,amongst them there are the few that show there anger towards the players and sly remarks about the owners,my first game to watch the stags was 1946 ,I have seen great and poor teams , cup runs,champions,and relegation,on the whole we have fantastic supporters and I am very proud to wear my amber and blue scarf, l am also very proud of our supporters who took us through the haslam troubles, so for the few people who seem hell bent on there antics go and buy different coloured scarfs and watch them. :mtfc: 1946/47stag
Trenam
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 pm

Sneag wrote:Go to any football ground in the country and you will hear stupid comments.

It’s usually the booze which makes them vocal & talk bollocs in the first place!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:36 am

geoffhill wrote:As I said on a previous post Forest Green were very good today.If we could manage to play like they do then I would look forward to every game.One thing is certain we will not be able to play like them with this squad.Over to you Mr Coughlan.

It’s the first season ,and I’ve had many,that every team seems better than us especially in midfield ,a yd faster and technically better .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum