{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Home Form

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Home Form

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:26 pm

Jamie wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:The most worrying thing about our home form is that the last time we won at home, it was in October against Oldham...and we all know the reason we won that was because they were reduced to 9 men.

Even more worryingly, is that I don't think if Grimsby had a further player sent off yesterday, it would have made much of a difference!

Sorry I'm not having that. Were you there against Oldham? We were 2 up and smashing them all over before the double sending off.

Yes we were, but us being up 2-0 in the context of this whole season means nothing. They could have nicked 1 and we would have capitulated into at least giving them a draw. At home we are absolutely rhubarb.
Having two men less hardly meant they were going to throw bodies forward to allow them to even get back into the game. 11 v 11 we would have probably bottled it like usual.
We couldn't even keep a clean sheet when they were reduced in numbers :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:35 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
Jamie wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:The most worrying thing about our home form is that the last time we won at home, it was in October against Oldham...and we all know the reason we won that was because they were reduced to 9 men.

Even more worryingly, is that I don't think if Grimsby had a further player sent off yesterday, it would have made much of a difference!

Sorry I'm not having that. Were you there against Oldham? We were 2 up and smashing them all over before the double sending off.

Yes we were, but us being up 2-0 in the context of this whole season means nothing. They could have nicked 1 and we would have capitulated into at least giving them a draw. At home we are absolutely rhubarb.
Having two men less hardly meant they were going to throw bodies forward to allow them to even get back into the game. 11 v 11 we would have probably bottled it like usual.

We were 2-0 up against Leyton Orient.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:51 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
Jamie wrote:

We were 2-0 up against Leyton Orient.

Exactly. Have no confidence at all in this squad of players on home soil.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:07 pm

But don’t forget it’s the fans fault according to bishop and the players.

Nothing to do with the fact that they’re one of the most spineless bunch of show ponies I’ve ever witnessed at field mill that wouldnt know what a football was if it smacked them in the face half the time - despite their ridiculous wages.

Apparently it’s the fans for having the audacity to show displeasure at being served utter crap at home all season :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:25 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Jamie wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stoney wrote:I agree the support is there, there is never any negativity at the start of home matches yet the players slate us.

I know one current player 'hates Mansfield fans'. I won't name who until he leaves.

You should ‘out’ him especially if it’s Bishop. Either way if he hates us as you say why would you hold that in. That player needs outing imo.

I agree. Name and shame.

Its Bishop.

No it's not.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:29 pm

Stoney wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
Jamie wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stoney wrote:I agree the support is there, there is never any negativity at the start of home matches yet the players slate us.

I know one current player 'hates Mansfield fans'. I won't name who until he leaves.

You should ‘out’ him especially if it’s Bishop. Either way if he hates us as you say why would you hold that in. That player needs outing imo.

I agree. Name and shame.

Its Bishop.

No it's not.

I would have a guess now that it’s Maynard. Spill the beans lad. Our own player can’t go around hating their own fans.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Stoney wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
Jamie wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

I agree. Name and shame.

Its Bishop.

No it's not.

That was easy...

Its Maynard.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:46 pm

Maybe the fans might like them more if they do things they’re supposed to do.

Like put effort in, make a passable attempt at playing football, etc etc.

Maybe them winning a home game every now and then might actually help too.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Some fans that I see at home games are indeed easy to hate.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:32 pm

I go to mostly away games and it’s noticeable to me
that the away contingent are more forgiving of the team and it generally feels less negative than when things are going wrong at home. There are some negative comments and it often goes quiet but there’s less than there is at home.

I don’t know whether it’s the fans that go away or it’s lower expectations or maybe perhaps it’s something else.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:41 pm

Expectations are lower at away games. At home good teams should win most matches with the occasional draw and loss thrown in.

We rarely win or even look like winning at home despite being constantly told we have a top budget and are going for promotion. Casual fans come to watch a victory and I'm surprised our home gates have stood up so well. I also wonder what they would be if we were heading the league.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:04 pm

The attendance will fall below 4,000 for the next home game against FGR
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:38 pm

Great way to stir up more animosity towards the players.

Extremely immature
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby AshMTFC1 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:16 pm

Our home form is due to the away teams setting up to fight. When they realise our bunch are not up to it they raise there game further and more often than not get the result.

#lackingbunchof...
AshMTFC1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:24 pm

stag324 wrote:

Extremely immature

No it isn’t. If it’s true then it’s true.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:40 pm

What is the record for the fewest home wins in a Stags season?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:47 pm

Sneag wrote:What is the record for the fewest home wins in a Stags season?

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2016 ... b-records/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:36 pm

Sneag wrote:What is the record for the fewest home wins in a Stags season?

Five, so need four wins in 10 games to beat it.

Even money bet?
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:40 pm

I'd have a few quid on at Evens.

Things can only get better :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:57 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'd have a few quid on at Evens.

Things can only get better :lol:

Perhaps wins against
Carlisle
Newport
Macclesfield
Crawley

Not sure about
FGR
Bradford City
Swindon
Crewe
Walsall
Exeter
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:15 pm

Stoney wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
Jamie wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

I agree. Name and shame.

Its Bishop.

No it's not.

I'll stick £100 on it being Preston
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:32 am

bellwhiff wrote:
stag324 wrote:

Extremely immature

Exactly. The immature part is the player being paid £3,500 a week and going round telling people he hates Mansfield fans.

I'm purposely not outing him until he leaves the club to save animosity towards him. Once he leaves which will may be in January I will post it on this thread should anybody be bothered.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:39 am

NorthLondonStag wrote:I go to mostly away games and it’s noticeable to me
that the away contingent are more forgiving of the team and it generally feels less negative than when things are going wrong at home. There are some negative comments and it often goes quiet but there’s less than there is at home.

I don’t know whether it’s the fans that go away or it’s lower expectations or maybe perhaps it’s something else.

To be fair only around 10-20% of the home gate travels away. So you could argue there's only 20% of the usual discontent?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon May 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Stoney wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
stag324 wrote:

Extremely immature

Exactly. The immature part is the player being paid £3,500 a week and going round telling people he hates Mansfield fans.

I'm purposely not outing him until he leaves the club to save animosity towards him. Once he leaves which will may be in January I will post it on this thread should anybody be bothered.

Alex MacDonald.

I said I'd post it when he left the club to save any animosity, im a man of my word. He was telling a few people Mansfield fans are pathetic and he hates it here. Not surprised he's left.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon May 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Stoney wrote:
Stoney wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
stag324 wrote:

Extremely immature

Alex MacDonald.

I said I'd post it when he left the club to save any animosity, im a man of my word. He was telling a few people Mansfield fans are pathetic and he hates it here. Not surprised he's left.

Could of guessed this....also heard quite a few players didn’t like him but these are players who have left before the end of the season.

The weekly wage bill of the players released today is probably the same as 2 weeks wage bill of the likes of Newport and Morecambe. Or a months wage bill for chesterfield next season :lol:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum