{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:47 am

Our season slowly and painfully limps to hopefully a middle of the table best case scenario with JD at the helm I look at our poor neighbours on the wrong side of the M1

With 6 games to play in December with the likes of Bromley
Yeovil
Notts County
Torquay
Solihull Motors
Halifax

Come January I can see the sheep warriors being once again deep in sheeps do do so let's all stand together and wish a.........

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to agent Sheridan.......

He's doing a fantastic job n I'm sure if he needs any advice on player motivation and tactics John Dempster is only a phone call away
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:12 am

I guess every cloud has a silver lining, couldn’t wish it on a better club and set of fans
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:05 am

I read on Sunday in the NPL that a local consortium are trying to buy Chesterfield and that Dave Allen has indicated he is ready to sell and is not looking to recoup the monies he has put into the club.

A spokesperson for the group has stressed that talks have not broken down with the club and that a "figure is virtually as good as agreed". "We are doing everything we can to complete a takeover of Chesterfield Football Club and we are hopeful a deal can be agreed," the spokesperson said. "The future of the club is paramount to us. We can't change the quality on the pitch overnight and nor do we have a magic wand, but we will do everything we can to bring success back to Chesterfield Football Club over a period of time. The club would not be run by one person who dictates all, the responsibilities will be shared. There are no ex-directors involved within my consortium. Dave Allen is very much wanting to sell and is not demanding anywhere near his investment. Ashley Carson is providing all the information and answers to any questions willingly and there are no obstacles or restrictions in place."

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... 1-10125189
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:25 am

They've heard that before. And so have we during the Haslam days. Takeover speculation should be taken with a massive pinch of salt when dealing with owners like these.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:40 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I read on Sunday in the NPL that a local consortium are trying to buy Chesterfield and that Dave Allen has indicated he is ready to sell and is not looking to recoup the monies he has put into the club.

A spokesperson for the group has stressed that talks have not broken down with the club and that a "figure is virtually as good as agreed". "We are doing everything we can to complete a takeover of Chesterfield Football Club and we are hopeful a deal can be agreed," the spokesperson said. "The future of the club is paramount to us. We can't change the quality on the pitch overnight and nor do we have a magic wand, but we will do everything we can to bring success back to Chesterfield Football Club over a period of time. The club would not be run by one person who dictates all, the responsibilities will be shared. There are no ex-directors involved within my consortium. Dave Allen is very much wanting to sell and is not demanding anywhere near his investment. Ashley Carson is providing all the information and answers to any questions willingly and there are no obstacles or restrictions in place."

Spireites where I work see this as a negative as they are not convinced the consortium has the funds to keep pumping in the £100-200k that Allen is currently doing on a monthly basis. Suggestions that the takeover will almost guarantee relegation this season.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I read on Sunday in the NPL that a local consortium are trying to buy Chesterfield and that Dave Allen has indicated he is ready to sell and is not looking to recoup the monies he has put into the club.

Spireites where I work see this as a negative as they are not convinced the consortium has the funds to keep pumping in the £100-200k that Allen is currently doing on a monthly basis. Suggestions that the takeover will almost guarantee relegation this season.

Oh I so hope so.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

Probably why there have been muted protests to be fair.
Allen is seen as the enemy for his stewardship and his cronies have taken the brunt of the flak but at least he is pumping 10's of thousands per week to keep the club afloat. Opposite to our situation with KH.
Luckily for us KH jumped ship when the cash cow had died (no more assets to sell) although separating the club from the ground was his masterstroke, we were cast adrift for a while, treaded water for a few years and then fell on our feet.
Mr Allen does not seem that sinister in that selling the club without the ground would probably be the end of CFC unless the consortium have deeper pockets.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am

Bad news - Papa Smurf has ruled out buying the Spireites

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... ld-3607787
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:20 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Bad news - Papa Smurf has ruled out buying the Spireites

Oh, so he actually DOES posses a modicum of sense, then?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:41 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Bad news - Papa Smurf has ruled out buying the Spireites

Has he got his eye on The Stags, then? :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:00 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:

Nope, turns out he is allergic to Sheep dip.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby up north » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:26 am

horrible club
horrible fans
horrible town

And thats after 1 visit
up north
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:37 am

have you been though the sheep dip to disinfect on the way out?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:34 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: Currently 0-2 down to Yeovil at t'dip. Alfreton better get ready for a derby
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Currently 23rd, joint bottom, 5 points (inc GD) from safety.

We're having a bad season but... hahahahahaha.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Basford United could be promoted to Conference North, so derbies with Alfreton and Basford United.

Who would have thought it.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:45 am

Whilst the demise of our near neighbours brings some sort of relief, I think we should refrain from being too smug during the period of our troubles.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:39 am

Give over, we need a good laugh atm
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby up north » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:17 pm

big darby next season

Chesterfield v Alfreton Town

looking likely.
up north
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:41 am

up north wrote:big darby next season

looking likely.

Unless ‘Often’ make play offs and get up then it’s County v ‘Often’
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:28 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:
up north wrote:big darby next season

looking likely.

Unless ‘Often’ make play offs and get up then it’s County v ‘Often’

They took the pineapple when we played them in the conference, they could go one better (or worse?!). Please let it happen!
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:01 pm

That chap that used to post regular from chesterfield ,Chamba or something similar has gone AWOL.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby mans_field » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:34 pm

I see a massive 600 turned up for their biggest game of the season today!!
marvellous what happens when you're ordered to start posting the correct attendance and not some dreamt up fictitious number plucked out of thin air
:mtfc:
mans_field
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:53 pm

mans_field wrote:I see a massive 600 turned up for their biggest game of the season today!!
marvellous what happens when you're ordered to start posting the correct attendance and not some dreamt up fictitious number plucked out of thin air
:mtfc:

I think they count all the season ticket holders as attending, regarding the attendance figure for league games.

Today's game was a Trophy cup game, so the actual attendance figure would be posted.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby 1975stag » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Chesterfield 0-1 Notts County

K.Dennis 72 mins

:D :D :D :D
1975stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext