{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Vale score Fred sponsored by last chance of glory

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Vale score Fred sponsored by last chance of glory

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:41 am

part time pete wrote:Well where do I start after tonight’s shambles.

Bobby - very rusty and distribution not the best, having to deal with too many back passes.

Clarke - caught out of position too much meaning he was struggling to keep pace with winger.
Sweeney - thought he had a solid game and couldn’t deny his commitment and effort.
Shaunessy - didn’t play that bad but tended to be very negative in possession.
Benning - didn’t defend particularly well and gave Vale too many chances

MacDonald - hustle and bustle , couldn’t find a colleague with a pass and shooting woeful.
Bishop - wasn’t interested and didn’t want to be there, should have been subbed in first half
Smith - majority of his passes were backwards and not strong enough on ball, ran out of steam.

Khan - flatters to deceive, looks a good player but no end product and too easily knocked off ball
Hamilton - best player in Stags side, took his goal well, but too often he made the darting forward runs but the other players would rather pass back and side wards instead of feeding him.

Cook - a frustrated figure as he was double marked all night and had little service, when we had chance to cross, crossing was woeful and you see he was thinking ‘why am I here’

Subs - all far too late and should have been made before they equalised. Everyone could see the equaliser coming and changes were needed, Smith and Bishop needed replacing.

Again OSJ made a difference and should have been on half an hour before he got on.

Again fuming with mangers tactics and substitutions, he must go now.

OMG, if Peter is feeling like this the JD really has lost all the fans too, I think even Yorkstag called time on him too last night !!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Bobby - very rusty and distribution not the best, having to deal with too many back passes.

Clarke - caught out of position too much meaning he was struggling to keep pace with winger.
Sweeney - thought he had a solid game and couldn’t deny his commitment and effort.

MacDonald - hustle and bustle , couldn’t find a colleague with a pass and shooting woeful.
Bishop - wasn’t interested and didn’t want to be there, should have been subbed in first half
Smith - majority of his passes were backwards and not strong enough on ball, ran out of steam.

Khan - flatters to deceive, looks a good player but no end product and too easily knocked off ball
Hamilton - best player in Stags side, took his goal well, but too often he made the darting forward runs but the other players would rather pass back and side wards instead of feeding him.

Cook - a frustrated figure as he was double marked all night and had little service, when we had chance to cross, crossing was woeful and you see he was thinking ‘why am I here’

Subs - all far too late and should have been made before they equalised. Everyone could see the equaliser coming and changes were needed, Smith and Bishop needed replacing.

Again OSJ made a difference and should have been on half an hour before he got on.

OMG, if Peter is feeling like this the JD really has lost all the fans too, I think even Yorkstag called time on him too last night !!!!

Its not a case wanting him out ,but its not working so if we want have any chance of success changes need to happen ,not just in the management ,some blame lays with the players to
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:05 am

Have to agree with everything PTP says. Substitutions far too late as usual. Reactive rather than proactive
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:24 am

Bros wrote:Have to agree with everything PTP says. Substitutions far too late as usual. Reactive rather than proactive

PTP

You've not mentioned Benning lol
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:14 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Bros wrote:Have to agree with everything PTP says. Substitutions far too late as usual. Reactive rather than proactive

PTP

You've not mentioned Benning lol

I have
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:41 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

pete's very measured and less inclined to knock his own teeth with a knee jerk. He has, like myself given John a fair crack at t'job to 'settle in', but patience has worn through with him and the gutless shower pulling on the FAMOUS AMBER shirt every week.
It comes to something when I honestly say the YT FA Cup games are probably the best two games I've seen. Ok it lacks atmos but that's not the lads fault.
I'll however give JD and the team support on Sat and not boo/jeer/rant or tell him to eff off. It'll help nobody other than Cheltenham.
Let rip if you like at full time if we lose and players have put in another shocker. I see no benefit in doing it before.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

pete's very measured and less inclined to knock his own teeth with a knee jerk. He has, like myself given John a fair crack at t'job to 'settle in', but patience has worn through with him and the gutless shower pulling on the FAMOUS AMBER shirt every week.
It comes to something when I honestly say the YT FA Cup games are probably the best two games I've seen. Ok it lacks atmos but that's not the lads fault.
I'll however give JD and the team support on Sat and not boo/jeer/rant or tell him to eff off. It'll help nobody other than Cheltenham.
Let rip if you like at full time if we lose and players have put in another shocker. I see no benefit in doing it before.

Summed up my thoughts there as well mate, great post.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum