{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Vale score Fred sponsored by last chance of glory

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Vale score Fred sponsored by last chance of glory

Postby Beano » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Honestly, what is going on?

The lack of bite in this interview. Do they even care?

Bizarre interview, we were best team and there is positivity in the camp :?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:18 pm

Lee Glover - "I thought Bish and Macca did well" :shock:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Why hasn't Dempster done the interview?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Beano wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Bizarre interview, we were best team and there is positivity in the camp :?

Man the lifeboats
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Why hasn't Dempster done the interview?

Resigned from his role as manager.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 pm

Did JR and Carolyn go to the game? You would have thought that Carolyn would have been up for a few photos with Robbie Williams.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 pm

he brings absolutely nothing to the party i can see, nothing !
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Blokes either an imbecile or is on a wind up.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 pm

Stoney wrote:

Is this fact or guess
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Nimble Ens » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 pm

Stoney wrote:

:roll:
Nimble Ens
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:23 pm

Stoney wrote:

Are you showing me the amazing looking burger on the menu, Only to serve up a squashed up cob with a small patty and brown lettuce in it?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 pm

I didn’t watch the game, but I’ve seen the stats. Were we really the better team?

Glover says the first half was even but they had 12 shots and we had 1?
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:37 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I didn’t watch the game, but I’ve seen the stats. We we really the better team?

Glover says the first half was venue but they had 12 shots and we had 1?

Eh ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:40 pm

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I didn’t watch the game, but I’ve seen the stats. We we really the better team?

Glover says the first half was venue but they had 12 shots and we had 1?

Eh ?

:lol: less haste more speed. I’ve edited my original post. Meant ‘were’ and ‘even’ rather than ‘we’ and ‘venue’.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:42 pm

The One wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:I don't think the players can be blamed.

Pre season was an absolute shambles this year. We have had a ridiculous amount of injuries which goes beyond bad luck and in my opinion is due to poor conditioning. The discipline has been appalling with players being arrested and a high volume of suspensions. The tactics are that poor that our big name striker often looks completely dejected.

All of these are clear indications of poor leadership and management. The manager is responsible for motivating the players and upholding performance standards. He is failing miserably on and off the pitch

Pre season was just so CR could show the roller off picking up Maynard in that cringe video.

oh do give over with anti owner stuff mate. how toxic do you want this to become ?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:52 pm

Spiritater wrote:
The One wrote:

Pre season was an absolute shambles this year. We have had a ridiculous amount of injuries which goes beyond bad luck and in my opinion is due to poor conditioning. The discipline has been appalling with players being arrested and a high volume of suspensions. The tactics are that poor that our big name striker often looks completely dejected.

All of these are clear indications of poor leadership and management. The manager is responsible for motivating the players and upholding performance standards. He is failing miserably on and off the pitch

Pre season was just so CR could show the roller off picking up Maynard in that cringe video.

oh do give over with anti owner stuff mate. how toxic do you want this to become ?

Its an opinion mate, we should have been pre season in this country playing Worksop Rainworth etc and some high league teams.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:54 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:You need to.go and educate yourself on basic principles of motivation and human psychology Spiro if you think people can give 100% at all times.

You might also want to consider that they have been trying to play 100% to the managers tactics and are fed up of not then not being fit for purpose.

Ok then, 'try and give 100%' as some aren't. As I witnessed on Sat. If Demps goes before Sat do you think these galacticos of Lge 2 will get anywhere neat the POs?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:58 pm

Spiritater wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:You need to.go and educate yourself on basic principles of motivation and human psychology Spiro if you think people can give 100% at all times.

You might also want to consider that they have been trying to play 100% to the managers tactics and are fed up of not then not being fit for purpose.

Ok then, 'try and give 100%' as some aren't. As I witnessed on Sat. If Demps goes before Sat do you think these galacticos of Lge 2 will get anywhere neat the POs?

With a good manager... maybe
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:03 am

I have never claimed that are galacticos of league 2. Many other have done though, especially when criticising Flitcroft in May.

If they sack Dempster tonight and replace him with a proper manager before we play Northampton at home then I think we have an outside shot at the playoffs. If we don't achieve that then it will not be the new managers fault. After all Flitcroft, Evans and Phil Brown all proved that picking up someone elses pieces is a tough ask.

It's not the playoffs I'm worried about though, it's relegation and the likelyhood of losing some very good players in the summer if they don't think we can match their ambitions. If we don't sack Dempster then both of these become real threats.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:04 am

The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
The One wrote:

Its an opinion mate, we should have been pre season in this country playing Worksop Rainworth etc and some high league teams.

Is this your expert opinion ???

Even though it’s safer for the body and proven to be more beneficial to perform intense cardio and fitness work in warmer climates ? We weren’t the only club at our level doing pre season tours abroad. If the clubs owners are willing to fund it it makes sense with the “right” coaching it a massive enhancer compared to training in colder climates.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:04 am

Yeah righto, they need 'automatic' form for that. This lot'll be lucky to see the 50 point mark imo
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:44 am

I have to say, I think it's a bit of a poor show from Dempster to not face the microphone after the game. The form is bad at the minute and there is unrest amongst the fans; we should have heard from the manager. If we had won then it's fine for Glover to do the interview but if you lose, you front it up.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:46 am

Well where do I start after tonight’s shambles.

Bobby - very rusty and distribution not the best, having to deal with too many back passes.

Clarke - caught out of position too much meaning he was struggling to keep pace with winger.
Sweeney - thought he had a solid game and couldn’t deny his commitment and effort.
Shaunessy - didn’t play that bad but tended to be very negative in possession.
Benning - didn’t defend particularly well and gave Vale too many chances

MacDonald - hustle and bustle , couldn’t find a colleague with a pass and shooting woeful.
Bishop - wasn’t interested and didn’t want to be there, should have been subbed in first half
Smith - majority of his passes were backwards and not strong enough on ball, ran out of steam.

Khan - flatters to deceive, looks a good player but no end product and too easily knocked off ball
Hamilton - best player in Stags side, took his goal well, but too often he made the darting forward runs but the other players would rather pass back and side wards instead of feeding him.

Cook - a frustrated figure as he was double marked all night and had little service, when we had chance to cross, crossing was woeful and you see he was thinking ‘why am I here’

Subs - all far too late and should have been made before they equalised. Everyone could see the equaliser coming and changes were needed, Smith and Bishop needed replacing.

Again OSJ made a difference and should have been on half an hour before he got on.

Again fuming with mangers tactics and substitutions, he must go now.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:47 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
The One wrote:

Is this your expert opinion ???

Even though it’s safer for the body and proven to be more beneficial to perform intense cardio and fitness work in warmer climates ? We weren’t the only club at our level doing pre season tours abroad. If the clubs owners are willing to fund it it makes sense with the “right” coaching it a massive enhancer compared to training in colder climates.

Yes my expert opinion. Seem stags sides get promoted by running up hills in derbyshire etc. How many you seen get promoted having jolly up abroad?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:34 am

That interview from Lee Glover is a disgrace. Is there any wonder we constantly churn out bang average performances when it’s left to Glover and Dempster to get them fired up for a game? I dread to think how dull their team talks are.

‘At half time we asked them to be a little more aggressive and get up the pitch’. Why not show some positivity from the start? The first half was awful and it needed a lot more than ‘a little more aggression’.

He thought Bishop and Macca did well? Is the bloke having a laugh?

He thought we were the better side and deserved to win? Was he watching the same game?

I honestly think our management team are bordering on delusional when you look at this along with some of Dempsters bizarre claims in the press.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum