{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby WVStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:02 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:That interview was tough to watch. Unfortunately JD hasn't got the answers and I'd be shocked to see him in charge for the next game.

Not nearly as tough to watch as performances this season, sadly.

Remarkable that he still hasn't been sacked.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:That interview was tough to watch. Unfortunately JD hasn't got the answers and I'd be shocked to see him in charge for the next game.

Perpared to be shocked, hope I am wrong.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:30 pm

Totally lost the dressing room, if you can argue he ever had it behind him in the first place. No fear with him and probably no respect.

Evans return would certainly divide opinion, but I don't think you could argue he woudn't sort that shower on the pitch out pretty quickly. You would certainly see an extra 25% in the legs of every one of em after 90 mins.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:52 pm

WVStag wrote:

Not nearly as tough to watch as performances this season, sadly.

Remarkable that he still hasn't been sacked.

It sounded like a man reading his own obituary, and I say that with absolutely no malice whatsoever towards JD, but he clearly knows the players are not responding, and that he is incapable of getting them to respond. In cases like this the board have two choices, in my opinion, either clear out five or six players, ( again in my opinion , think 5 should go in January) , or clear out the management team. The latter is costly, and its not my money that will be paying for it.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 am

up north wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:Just watched it and there’s no doubt he’s done. He’s a broken man , he’s a nice guy and it’s not easy viewing but his acceptance of failure is obvious. Hope he stays at the club because he deserves that but I’m sorry to say as manager he is done.

Has the captain been hiding, has he supported the manager. I have watched many a manager come and go at various clubs. Some due to inept management. But more often than not due to the players downing tools. During this time I look at the captain. I always ask is the captain doing his 100% to keep the team fighting for the shirt and manager? If not then I equally blame him. If he is doing his job and has respect in the dressing room also, then I start to look at individuals that are not worthy.

Players more than often get managers the sack. Players must respect the manager and always fear their place in the team. As soon as the players know the fear factor on their part has gone then the manager is finished.

My local club have climbed the leagues. The manager is near unsackable as his dad is the chairman. ;-) So when players don't perform they know its either the bench or the door. Obviously going full time has also helped.

If the dressing room has gone completely then in my experience the best thing to do us call it a day. I must say I always feel let down if the players have taken advantage of the situation and only doing the basics. Shame on them if thats the case. On the other hand if the manager is clueless then it is hard to fight for something that is worthless just to counter argue my point.

Up North

Your quote regarding Captain I think you've hit the nail on the head there's a few senior players Pearce Bishop Benning leading the unrest in the changing room you can see on the pitch with their poor performance and even on social media where Bishop came out publically blaming fans for booing after we won 1 nil in the 84th minute against the bottom club from the conference.

The discipline is appalling on the pitch with too ma y sending offs if a player can lose is head during a game because it's not going right or doesn't like the tactics what's it like behind close doors or at training these spats And verbal outbursts over social media dont happen or grow overnight......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:34 am

SINA STAG wrote:
up north wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:Just watched it and there’s no doubt he’s done. He’s a broken man , he’s a nice guy and it’s not easy viewing but his acceptance of failure is obvious. Hope he stays at the club because he deserves that but I’m sorry to say as manager he is done.

Has the captain been hiding, has he supported the manager. I have watched many a manager come and go at various clubs. Some due to inept management. But more often than not due to the players downing tools. During this time I look at the captain. I always ask is the captain doing his 100% to keep the team fighting for the shirt and manager? If not then I equally blame him. If he is doing his job and has respect in the dressing room also, then I start to look at individuals that are not worthy.

Players more than often get managers the sack. Players must respect the manager and always fear their place in the team. As soon as the players know the fear factor on their part has gone then the manager is finished.

My local club have climbed the leagues. The manager is near unsackable as his dad is the chairman. ;-) So when players don't perform they know its either the bench or the door. Obviously going full time has also helped.

If the dressing room has gone completely then in my experience the best thing to do us call it a day. I must say I always feel let down if the players have taken advantage of the situation and only doing the basics. Shame on them if thats the case. On the other hand if the manager is clueless then it is hard to fight for something that is worthless just to counter argue my point.

Up North

Your quote regarding Captain I think you've hit the nail on the head there's a few senior players Pearce Bishop Benning leading the unrest in the changing room you can see on the pitch with their poor performance and even on social media where Bishop came out publically blaming fans for booing after we won 1 nil in the 84th minute against the bottom club from the conference.

The discipline is appalling on the pitch with too ma y sending offs if a player can lose is head during a game because it's not going right or doesn't like the tactics what's it like behind close doors or at training these spats And verbal outbursts over social media dont happen or grow overnight......

I also think that Pearce has become a shadow of what he was in the last two seasons. Some of his decision making when in possession is distinctly odd.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:15 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
up north wrote:

Up North

I also think that Pearce has become a shadow of what he was in the last two seasons. Some of his decision making when in possession is distinctly odd.

Edders your correct in your assumptions as you n I have witnessed since the start of the season something isn't right within the club. Now it could be the sacking of Flitty or the tactics in the last few games of last season. Something has triggered players like Pearce n a few more who where solid last season this season like you've said are making some shocking decisions venting their feelings on the pitch to fellow players n like I said blaming fans for booing on social media the club itself has lost the meaning of respect n without that in a work place/force going to work in a bad environment only breeds poor performance.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:38 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
up north wrote:

Up North

Can I just point out again. Its not the players. ITS THE MANAGER.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:43 pm

players have take responsibility for their shyt performances too
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Remember when KP used to stroll out from the middle of the back 3 with the ball and play a ball into Tyler's feet or over the top for CJ.

I miss those times...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Spiritater wrote:players have take responsibility for their shyt performances too

Agreed.

The players can obviously perform at a better standard as they showed last season.

They’ve clearly not bought into dempster and as so are technically laying down tools as they did for flitcroft when Evans went
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:55 pm

I dislike players like that. They're chuffin Lge2 and should be giving their all for the fans who pay their wages, and not think they know best.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:14 pm

I don't think that the players are 'downing tools' as such. I think it is more of a case that: (a) they aren't as good as some people thought and (b) DF had them playing to their full potential (something which JD can't seem to inspire). And thirdly (c), Confidence is a factor (there isn't the same belief).
Now to some people that might look like they are 'downing tools' - but I think it is more complex than that. Either way, it starts with the manager.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Spiritater wrote:I dislike players like that. They're chuffin Lge2 and should be giving their all for the fans who pay their wages, and not think they know best.

Of course.

And most were bought in by Evans. Go figure.

Wouldn’t have the likes of mellis at the club next season that’s for sure.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 pm

adamstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I dislike players like that. They're chuffin Lge2 and should be giving their all for the fans who pay their wages, and not think they know best.

Of course.

And most were bought in by Evans. Go figure.

Wouldn’t have the likes of mellis at the club next season that’s for sure.

Evans only signed 4 of our current outfield squad.. White, Macdonald, Mellis, OSJ.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagtastic1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:23 pm

I could well be wrong but did J.D. not say he was seeking advice from senior players regards turning round the performances.
Could it be that he is no longer managing but rather being managed and the players have the upper hand.
As I said rightly or wrongly, just my thought.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:32 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Logan for there second goal. So slow coming off the line if you look closely you can see a snail overtake him.

Every highlight is damning. Poor keeping in the first clip. Why on earth was that a red card? Shocking defending for both goals.

Red card rightly rescinded IMO. Never a red.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum